Sign in to follow this  
landdon

Bring Old vehicles and Equipment Forward

I hope that Bohemia would give some serious thought about bring the older [Cold War Assault, Arma, Arma II, Cech, PMC, Britsh} vehicle and equipment forward into Arma 3 as DLC.  I understand the modeling folks were getting bored, but I believe there are plenty of folk out that would like to see it.

hello you could find stuff in armaholic and steam workshop, for example, M60 tank u can find it in TMT Turkish Forces, M113 in rhs some other stuff in CUP 

I well aware of fan based addons, and I thank you all for your assistance.  But I would prefer Bohemia produce material, though they may no make any for Arma 3, I hope Arma 4 will be different and the creator will provide today's equipment and not futuristic equipment.   

Yeah... there is no need to go back to BI, I want X Defence Force DLC. Im sure all Cameron McDonalds would agree.

So this thread is just another take on just how modern the in-game assets should be.

One of the main arguments in the many other threads where this topic has been discussed is many players would rather they focus on new stuff instead of porting old assets forward. It could be said, if they had followed the thinking of old stuff being updated and brought forward, we wouldn't have modern helmets and the current ATVs, with both the rail style helmets and Hunters currently being used by today's militaries.

With RHS and CUP, players get to have their cake and eat it too. For the life of me, can't see why this is even an issue.

• Like 3

No this is not a thread to about how modern the in game assess should be.  It is about the desire to see the past items brought forward to be able to be used in Arma 3.  I have no problem with what Bohemia did, it was nice and I enjoy it today.  You are missing my point and that is I would like to have seen Bohemia, provide DLC that reflects past and current assets.   The public does a fine job, but they do contain errors and conflicts at times,.  Additionally, every time a patch comes out you run the risk of those add-ons being broken.  So again you have to wait to see if the care to fix it or not.  Modder's bring inspiration and yes unique thinking and items, They are needed.  I'm entitled to my opinion, and I have  the right to encourage bohemia and mod makers.