Tatanka88Hun

First weapon mod - need help to start

Dear modders!

I'm absolutely new in Arma modding, and I need your help to start, because I don't even know, which program to use for modifying the databases.
We are speaking about Arma 3 Single player, I have the Arma 3 Tools installed from Steam, I guess, that is everything I need, since I'm about to modify only the mass of all the weapons, ammo and gear in the game.
I have a collector's aproach in every game I play, that is the same thing I want to achieve here, don't want to become immortal, just want all the available stuff (Weapons, ammo, gear etc.) picked up (preferably), and not spawned in my backpack!
I think, it is enough to modify only the mass of those items, so I don't have to worry about stamina etc.
I have watched some tutorials, but I think they don't point me in the right direction, they try to explain how to do much more sophisticated modding, which I'm not interested in.
So again, I need to modify only the mass of weapons, ammo and gear (uniforms, vests, helmets, medic/engineer etc. tools and so on...)!
What files do I have to use for my mod, and how to edit them?

Thanks for your help in advance, and I apologize for my bad english! :)

ps.: I know, there is a Super Soldier mod by 2Fast, which can give me what I want (and much more), but it was ast updated back in 2014, and it does not seem to work with the current version.
Also, if you can show me similar mods, I'll be happy to use them instead of making a similar.

Maybe to start with you should first review the BIS Licenses to see what you are allowed and not allow to MOD.

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses

Flow chart:

https://www.bistudio.com/assets/img/licenses/images/license_chart.jpg?2

Any user made addon will be licensed for use and at very least will require you to obtain permission from the author to be able to do any Modding.

If you want to create your own addons based on your own work there is nothing standing in your way for that.

So you have a few options as I see it.  Look into a mod that universally gives you more storage and stamina (which you've already done it sounds like).  You could also produce your own mod that does nothing more that inherit all the assets you want but reduces their mass to nothing.  This is very tedious work.  In reality, I think you need to look at the arsenal.  You can look into ways of using it, but basically you'll have every item and weapon available to you at any time.  This only works in single player campaigns you create or in multiplayer missions you make.  If you use a mod called Ares, you can have arsenal during campaign modes too, but it will be implemented a bit differently.

The best approach seems to be as Matthew mentioned, amass all of the weapons addons you want along with your favorite gameplay mod and build missions. Using the Arsenal would be simpler.

Gunther S. made WarMod for Arma2 by putting together tons of game play mods from Proper, TrueMod and others into a single mod package. He put a lot of effort into that to make it all work.

On 2017. 08. 30. at 5:21 PM, Matthew10_28 said:

If you use a mod called Ares, you can have arsenal during campaign modes too, but it will be implemented a bit differently.

Can you direct me to this two mod? A lot of mods are running under the same name on steam... :/