Sign in to follow this  
SAVFOR

Arma 3 inventory idea

20 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

There is no need to keep pushing this...

There are mods that do this... https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=780974479&searchtext=

Hi! Mods will not support AI use of it. Mods only work for the human player.

Why you feel the need the push this as necessary in engine and compare it to a single/mulitplayer  game like stalker that is NOT a combined arms military sim as its base with moddability to do exactly what you want which is already available is confusing...

I'm not trying to compare games. I'm trying to compare the intentions of the developers. The problem is precisely that in the military sim there is not that can be in real life, since in game with unrealistic world (Stalker online) , developers think about realism!  You see my point?

I think any can not argue with the fact that in real life a person is capable of carrying two weapons at the same time. This is an axiom. 

For this reason, as seems to me, it should be exactly  in the military sim

Most modern military units are not equipped with two primary weapons...

I think that any fan of Arma, would not want Armagh to be similar to most games. 

Arma has always occupied its special and even isolated place, among most shooters/military games. That's why we love her!

2 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Hi! Mods will not support AI use of it. Mods only work for the human player.

I'm not trying to compare games. I'm trying to compare the intentions of the developers. The problem is precisely that in the military sim there is not that can be in real life, since in game with unrealistic world (Stalker online) , developers think about realism!  You see my point?

I think any can not argue with the fact that in real life a person is capable of carrying two weapons at the same time. This is an axiom. 

For this reason, as seems to me, it should be exactly  in the military sim

I think that any fan of Arma, would not want Armagh to be similar to most games. 

Arma has always occupied its special and even isolated place, among most shooters/military games. That's why we love her!

Ahhh i see... i didnt realize you wanted ai to have it to.

You make a fair point about what is available in real life... but to that i would answer... true... there are also women in real life ;)

BI would have to redo every kit, worry about game balance and possibly create errors for everyone. Not only that if people didnt want it they now have to make a mod and install that to potentially lock it out including all the milsim units...  It would seem easier to request/work on a mod that does what u want then force all the other players who may not want it, to have to deal with it...

Couldnt agree more on your last point... it is why we love her lol

14 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

You make a fair point about what is available in real life... but to that i would answer... true... there are also women in real life ;)

If you followed the feedback of the old sample (there we could observe the number of voters), then you could see that a huge number of users also wanted to see womens in the game Arma3. This is not surprising :don16:

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

also wanted to see womens in the game Arma3.

Think about all the possibilities of women in ArmA 3??? *Peeks over at the Skyrim steam workshop*.... eeerrrr... on second thought..... ;) ARMA 3 LIFE NSFW pack! DOUBLE D EDITION, complete with Field Kitchen addon!

Jokes aside, women are more and more common in armed forces which is only positive. I hope ArmA 4 utilizes a completely different character gear setup with clothes that scale to fit male/female characters.

I hope this doesn't come off as gruesome, but I was almost hoping for a "character" damage model much like vehicles work. A generic man/limb-shaped hitbox (non-vitals) shape for bleed-damage, then very simple "internal hitboxes" to simulate brain, spine, heart, lungs, gut, main arteries (arms/legs/throat). Much like a vehicle has engine, fuel tank, wheels, turret etc. If the clothing system then properly absorbed bullet damage, a bullet proof vest would now work a lot better to protect vital organs. It would also open a new level of medical interaction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Think about all the possibilities of women in ArmA 3??? *Peeks over at the Skyrim steam workshop*.... eeerrrr... on second thought..... ;) ARMA 3 LIFE NSFW pack! DOUBLE D EDITION, complete with Field Kitchen addon!

Jokes aside, women are more and more common in armed forces which is only positive. I hope ArmA 4 utilizes a completely different character gear setup with clothes that scale to fit male/female characters.

I hope this doesn't come off as gruesome, but I was almost hoping for a "character" damage model much like vehicles work. A generic man/limb-shaped hitbox (non-vitals) shape for bleed-damage, then very simple "internal hitboxes" to simulate brain, spine, heart, lungs, gut, main arteries (arms/legs/throat). Much like a vehicle has engine, fuel tank, wheels, turret etc. If the clothing system then properly absorbed bullet damage, a bullet proof vest would now work a lot better to protect vital organs. It would also open a new level of medical interaction.

The op topic inventory idea. Smh.could take or leave that.

But the character damage discussed by Nor. that is something of real substance. that would change the game. Shooting someone or getting shot in the arm meaning disabling someones ability to return fire effectively. As gruesome as it seems( laws of war did a good job of making the gruesome educational)  gameplay wise very interesting. For me thats basic standard detail arma 4 if there will be one,should be aimed at to be relevant .

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

The op topic inventory idea. Smh.could take or leave that.

But the character damage discussed by Nor. that is something of real substance. that would change the game. Shooting someone or getting shot in the arm meaning disabling someones ability to return fire effectively. As gruesome as it seems( laws of war did a good job of making the gruesome educational)  gameplay wise very interesting. For me thats basic standard detail arma 4 if there will be one,should be aimed at to be relevant .

In A2 you were unable to stand with a broken leg and were doomed unless a medic took care of you..

In A3 you took it like it's a mere scratch and everyone's running around with at least 10 first aid kits (something I thought this series will never get).

4 years later they introduced the limping animation.

Give it another 4 years.

:yay:

Cheers

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 11:57 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

In A2 you were unable to stand with a broken leg and were doomed unless a medic took care of you..

In A3 you took it like it's a mere scratch and everyone's running around with at least 10 first aid kits (something I thought this series will never get).

4 years later they introduced the limping animation.

Give it another 4 years.

:yay:

Cheers

Yeah that "feature" was essentially game over in Sp, very annoying, I'm glad they took it out for A3, I do like the new injured animation and would love to see that fleshed out fully.

For example in A2 when your legs were gone you were able to still crawl forever but there was no incentive or enjoyment to continue, but with a wounded animation and the ability to still walk creates a great visual survival aspect.. at least that's what I felt when I first saw it, and I believe from memory the unit clutches his leg if no weapon in hand, looks awesome!

It's frustrating to think how awesome this game could be, I mean I love it for what we have now but I'd love to see some AAA polish applied, using mods like lax"s immersion or bb"s enhanced vision for example lift and carry the game dramatically for me.. I can't play it without them.

This thread certainly has strayed from the topic, as such this will now be closed.