jstibbsy

Decrease reload time

Hey
Would there be a way to decrease reload time (even if it means speeding up the animation.) I've searched but haven't found anything.

Hey
Would there be a way to decrease reload time (even if it means speeding up the animation.) I've searched but haven't found anything.
AI has a skill for it - use setSkill
For players u ve to speed up animation with something like setAnimCoef - just google for it or use wikis all commands page

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

That speeds up all animations like walking. I want only reload. I'll dig around a bit more.

Just track if reload key is pressed and speed up animation for a specific amount of time

sent from mobile using Tapatalk

It doesn't work with reloading I found. It keeps reloading same speed but makes player move faster. 

• Like 2

setWeaponReloadTime affects the rechambering, not reload animation (so you can discharge a mag in 0.5 seconds etc, but you will still reload at normal rate).  

Plus the setAnimSpeedCoef command does not affect the reload animation time, as it is a gesture, not an animation.  All it does is make the character walk faster but you still reload at the same rate (as said above) :/

I tried both but neither are good - can't think of any way to change this by script.  Config is the way to go here I think, unless anyone knows better.

• Like 3

Would there be a way to get rid of reload completely and just have the ammo in the player's inventory decreased as it's shot in a mag? (something like infinite ammo in the gun and it takes one bullet everyshot from a mag in the inventory. Then when the player reaches his final mag, remove infinite ammo.)

1 hour ago, jstibbsy said:

Would there be a way to get rid of reload completely and just have the ammo in the player's inventory decreased as it's shot in a mag? (something like infinite ammo in the gun and it takes one bullet everyshot from a mag in the inventory. Then when the player reaches his final mag, remove infinite ammo.)

Of course.

Depleting ammo from inventory first, with total ammo being treated as a single magazine:

player addEventHandler ["Fired",{

params ["_unit","_weapon","_muzzle","_mode","_ammo","_magazine"];

if (count (magazinesAmmoFull _unit select {_x select 0 isEqualTo _magazine}) > 1) then {

_totalMags = magazinesAmmoFull _unit select {_x select 0 isEqualTo _magazine};

_totalAmmo = 0;
		_totalMags apply {_totalAmmo = _totalAmmo + (_x select 1)};

systemchat format ["Rounds left in all magazines: %1",_totalAmmo];

_magAmmoCount = _totalMags select 0 select 1;
		_magStorage = _totalMags select 0 select 4;
		_magAmmo = _magAmmoCount - 1;

_unit removeMagazine _magazine;

if (_magAmmo > 0) then {

_unit addMagazine [_magazine, _magAmmo];

};

_maxMagAmmoCount = getNumber (configfile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _magazine >> "count");

_unit setAmmo [_weapon,_maxMagAmmoCount];

};

}];

Cheers

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jstibbsy said:

Ahh perfect. That'll do wonderfully.

You're welcome.

17 hours ago, das attorney said:

setWeaponReloadTime affects the rechambering, not reload animation (so you can discharge a mag in 0.5 seconds etc, but you will still reload at normal rate). 

BI naming strikes again!

Cheers

• Like 1