Sign in to follow this  
ziga.cernic4@hotmail.com

AI helicopter doesn`t know how to land !!!

Why doesn`t helicopter land?? I set a TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint, I also placed invisible helipad but this stupid ai helicopter just doesn`t know how to land. He goes to the landing zone, puts down his gears, and he starts to land, then all of a sudden he puts the gears up, goes 20 meters to the right and he does the same thing and he is just repeating this. What to do??? I never had such a problem, it always worked for me in the past.

I saw that recently. Even with a waypoint land "land" and other working scripts. Mine worked fine in previous Arma versions. Now (since 1.74 or 1.72) the troops disembark but the helo takes off / lands several times. Strange.

Hi Folks,

Just messing with my Air Assault script over the weekend (latest production build of ArmA) - successfully landing - dropping troops - then departing the area - all AI... This is all I'm setting... I do create invisible landing pads... Perhaps try "CARELESS" mode...

_wpSlkUn setWaypointType "TR UNLOAD";
_wpSlkUn setWaypointSpeed "LIMITED";
_wpSlkUn setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";

Regards,

Scott

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, ziga.cernic4@hotmail.com said:

Why doesn`t helicopter land?? I set a TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint, I also placed invisible helipad but this stupid ai helicopter just doesn`t know how to land. He goes to the landing zone, puts down his gears, and he starts to land, then all of a sudden he puts the gears up, goes 20 meters to the right and he does the same thing and he is just repeating this. What to do??? I never had such a problem, it always worked for me in the past.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, pierremgi said:

I saw that recently. Even with a waypoint land "land" and other working scripts. Mine worked fine in previous Arma versions. Now (since 1.74 or 1.72) the troops disembark but the helo takes off / lands several times. Strange.

Hi Folks,

Been testing helicopters exclusively for days...

The issue posted above does indeed exist - however - it depends on the helicopters used...

For Example:

• Use Vanilla MH-80 - no issue...
  • Use RHS MH-60 - has issues...
  • Use RHS UH-1Y - has issues...
  • Use 3CB Wildcat - no issues...
  • Use CUP SH-60 - no issues...

At least this is what I've found - spent many hours on it...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Pierre - I'm finding it's a mixed bag - try one of the ones I mentioned as good - bet your issues go away...

It's really odd - the bad ones will plop down a kilometer from any waypoint and try to let off some troops - noticed the bouncing...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1