Kludo

AH-1W update and new info

Hello,

Ive been slowly but surely plugging away on getting an authentic (within limits) AH-1W into Arma.  Ive spent most of my time in the cockpit trying to get as much cockpit interaction as possible without crashing the game.  Some things just aren't completely doable in ARMA 3, but there are some work arounds I have found and some things unfortunately just wont work as they do in real life.

I think itll be another month or so until its ready and released.

In the mean time I'm starting a little side project and learning how to do terrains.  I'm trying to get atleast proficient in several skills before I deploy because I'm going to try to use my off time to build mods.

The terrain will be a reproduction of AUTEC Andros Island.  Ive been there dozen or so times.  I'm going to model the large island where the base is, then model one or two of the adjacent islands.  This will mainly probably be a helicopter/amphibious type map.  I appreciate everyones help who gave me advice and info for the Whiskey cobra, I'm sure I will be back with more questions when it comes to the terrain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Undersea_Test_and_Evaluation_Center

R/

Kludo

Edited by Kludo
WIKI link added.
  • Like 1

Hi Kludo,

Yeah - used to work at the SOCAL counterpart on San Clemente Island - SCORE - back in the 90's - great place to work - other than having to live on the island all week... Ran the EW range... Good luck...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Kludo,

Yeah - used to work at the SOCAL counterpart on San Clemente Island - SCORE - back in the 90's - great place to work - other than having to live on the island all week... Ran the EW range... Good luck...

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Ive noticed a lot of places like that and AUTEC have a high turn over rate because that lifestyle is very hard on some folks.

I don't plan on implementing any of the range items or functions on my rendition.  Just more or less gunna be a terrain, I do want to add some cool sight seeing stuff and will probably add some under water items for fun.

R/

Kludo

Hi Kludo,

Yeah - we were all x-military defense contractors - so the camaraderie was good - just a bit tough on family life... The SEALS go through "hell week" out there - so always something interesting going on... I lasted four years before moving on to other things...

All sounds good - love the Bahamas too...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

Looks like this could be something really cool. Eager to see where it goes :)