2 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Also, are you planning to use Spartan ballistics?

And I just noticed the angled flash light on the VLTOR, that is cool as well, I don't know anyone who's done that intentionally :)

I will eventually for sure, right now im using default vanilla values for the various calibers until I can get around to implementing them.

oh thanks! haha thats totally just me being selfish. I have the CAS-V rail on my AR15 and thats where i run my light :D

zxlqZpb.jpg

1 hour ago, JD Wang said:

I would have is that you put as much compatibility as possible. Eg if they could be compatible with RHS mags/suppressors etc that would be amazing. (also obviously ACE compatibility) 

LAxemann's sounds would be amazing too, unless you have your own sorted?

I do have my own sounds for now, but again, who knows where I'll end up. Sounds are a big deal for me though, so theyll all sound sexy haha As far as compatibility goes, I already have them set up with CBA so any mods out there that have stuff that works across the board, already works like butter. IE these are RH's Acc pack. Magazine types, I havent tried to set up yet, But im assuming they work in a similar way.

rxBngUV.jpg

coECbPy.jpg

• Like 19

There goes another box of tissues! Damn!

• Like 2

It's really great to see someone finally doing the Cyre G3 uniform compared to re texturing the vanilla one. 

• Like 1

I'd have to say I prefer separate weapons. Although one coherent base with total modularity is really cool, I get the feeling these guys are supposed to have more character, be more "individualized" and maintaining the weapons as "their" individual weapons would make the most sense to me. Or maybe alternatively you could make them their own individual weapons with the characters' own little personalizations (tallies, insignia, paints, mottos, maybe a unqiue name in the arsenal), and then also keep standard non-uniques on a modular platform. Though that'd double or maybe even triple your work.

Do you mind revealing what you have planned for the opfor/ind guys in terms of weapons? The opfors undeniably look russian, though theres room to take them in whatever direction. Going with the russian idea, they could be there kind of working in secrecy on the sidelines helping the paramilitaries, and only fully committing to conflict when Zenith is on to them, while the paramilitary guys are the main enemy. OR the russians are actually independent, with both the russians and Zenith fighting the Paramilitaries, like BF3. If you do go with them being russian, some more "out there" russian weapons rather than just regular ol' AK74s would be cool, maybe the AEK or AN94.. The paramilitary guys look to me like they'd go well with German weapons like the G3 and G36, maybe the occasional old AK.. You could give all the other factions outside of Zenith vanilla stuff and call it a day I guess, but I personally don't prefer them, the stuff that would work in to this style is really limited and not executed the best. But the NIArms people might be willing to help out with a couple things. They seem to have aided several projects, and they have already made just about everything with that fits in to the aesthetic you appear to be going for.

I gotta agree with JD Wang on the laxemann sounds, his are amazing and then that helps Project Zenith mesh well with other mods that use his sounds or his "style" sounds, like RHS, 3CB, and of course his own sound mod.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

"_ "

All great suggestions! I wont be using vanilla weapons for any of the units I put together for sure. I'll go more into detail on their stuff when I post my list of whats upcoming and all that jazz. But youre on the right track. Modernized weapons all around though. If its an AK, itll probably have a AR stock adapter and extended rail, that kinda stuff. Plenty of people NAILLLLLLLLLLLLL a lot of that stuff you mentioned already (looking at you SMA, RH, NIarms :don12: ). No need to reinvent the wheel! (although isnt that all modding is anyway lmao)

---------

Heres a clip of the type of sounds im using. It's an older capture so some things have changed, but the sounds have not. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZCJHkGa38

• Like 13

On 12/8/2017 at 9:33 PM, vanschmoozin said:

ndso1gB.jpg

Damn man! :eyeheart: the chest rig looks awesome wanted something like that from ages! Oh sorry for all the likes i checked the topic only now lol and btw great to see you back bro

• Like 8

So much beauty, I think I am going to shed a tear.................

The guns, the uniforms, and the concepts for hostile forces........

My wants has never wanted as hard as they want now

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, jarrad96 said:

And I just noticed the angled flash light on the VLTOR, that is cool as well, I don't know anyone who's done that intentionally :)

Lot of people run lights on offsets nowadays for more compact setups.  

• Like 1

Yeah, I know about it being used like that IRL, but in the game they are all top or side rail mounted, not angled- apart from the occasional bug I've had :)

Related- Angled iron sights can also be done ingame (I had some made a few years back but they are not of a high enough quality to release) , the problem with them is the scope needs to be fixed or unique to the weapon so the player's camera is moved to the correct location when you swap optics mode, rather than using the default 'over the top' camera location used for red dots/ irons on scopes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Related- Angled iron sights can also be done ingame (I had some made a few years back but they are not of a high enough quality to release) , the problem with them is the scope needs to be fixed or unique to the weapon so the player's camera is moved to the correct location when you swap optics mode, rather than using the default 'over the top' camera location used for red dots/ irons on scopes. 

thats awesome! I'll have to pick your brain on discord for that! I'd like to put an Fastfire 3/ HMR on the 45 of that VLTOR rail also. Would be sick if it worked right! I remember one that worked, but it didnt angle the rifle, cause i get it, it would have to be a whole new animation file at the least, but more than likely a new weapon model that gets switched really fast? kinda like that guys mod that adjusted the grip on those RHS weapons at first? but if it would actually 45 the rifle, it would be titssssssssss! :)

---------------------------

Progress on my new MICH 2000 and ZTAC coms headset.

o9cfdL9.png

HUM5s6D.png

vmpXnBu.png

swvKiCp.png

8028GgW.png

0UA6106.png

(huge thanks to roadrunner for the velcro and NVG mount from his dope helmet mod <3)

• Like 14

G'day Vanschmoozin,

Will your new chest rigs and vests have tactical leg holsters as well as belt mounted holsters? Everything is looking great at the moment. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Oh, one question I've been meaning to ask-

Have the masks been resized so that the African and Asian faces don't clip through as much?

• Like 2

On 8/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, vanschmoozin said:

"...If its an AK, itll probably have a AR stock adapter and extended rail, that kinda stuff..."

rCrWxcT.pngIA2DyKq.png

DAT KREBS AK15

• Like 14

NOO! WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO THE GLORIOUS WOOD!

(Sarcasm, it looks awesome, that short barrel is going to be brutal for CQC)

EDIT- Is that a 5.56 STANAG?  I didn't know anyone but CMMG made AK conversions in 5.56. 

• Like 2

Your work is of the utmost quality and I'll eagerly be following this :) 

Great to see you make a return

skw26AS.png

Last update for the night. Some jacket patterns and a "spray" style pattern on the helmet to match each of the patterns.

• Like 11

Absolutely awesome! The Opfor stuff, Tom Clancy´s style units, can´t wait to try those units out myself. I am actually more excited for your stuff than for RHS, and that means, as you can imagine, a lot!!! :f:

Keep it up and thx for this great work.

• Like 1

vanschmoozin, do you have any idea of when you're releasing this package? And will it also be open source? 

I have a question- Are you going to like this comment?

You've liked every comment posted by anyone here so far. 

But more-on topic, I've PM'ed you both here and on Discord regarding some Things (TM)

• Like 3