KokaKolaA3

Character Animation half way in ground

Hey, 

I'm currently learning how to make animations for a3, but I came across a problem:

45D4C9FAC1B235061CA19E2A4122482AEF56C41F

But everything should be fine, this is what it looks like in oxygen:

Ni2tIp8.png

BWJRnJX.png

I tried moving the -0.5 and the rest of the keyframes up, but then the animation is just f**ked up.

When I only move the rest of the keyframes (excluding -0.5) then the charachter falls down half way to the ground again.

Any ideas what could cause this issue?

I can't speak with authority on config issues, which this may well be.

The red lines and grid you see in the viewport represent the ground plane in game. So the engine is simply using the information in the rtm you're giving it. The feet should be sitting right on the grid.

You don't edit the first frame in the rtm. Consider it a "reserved" frame, for establishing the rest pose.

What way are you generating the rtm? Object builder, Max, or something else?

24 minutes ago, Macser said:

I can't speak with authority on config issues, which this may well be.

The red lines and grid you see in the viewport represent the ground plane in game. So the engine is simply using the information in the rtm you're giving it. The feet should be sitting right on the grid.

You don't edit the first frame in the rtm. Consider it a "reserved" frame, for establishing the rest pose.

What way are you generating the rtm? Object builder, Max, or something else?

I generated it with Object Builder, but I already fixed the issue by moving the rest of the keyframes slightly up. I don't know why it didn't work at my first try, but now it does :)

Thanks for trying to help me^^

No problem. As long as it's solved, it doesn't matter how you got there. And it's good you let people know how you did it. Even if it's something you think was very simple, or overlooked. It's really annoying doing a lot of searching and finding threads that end with "I solved it. Never mind.". But nothing else. :smile_o:

• Like 1