So... I think there's a problem how mine dispenser works. Having it working this way is way is not really PvP compatible I would say. I can already see players creating levitating wall of mines.

Spoiler

oOAQKKB.png
uId6xij.png

• Like 1

Yeah, also that they are sticky makes them less useful when you aren't using that glitch, cause apparently people don't walk on walls.

I haven't tested but dispenser mines will set off when you are nearby and not requires to step on it.

On 22/08/2017 at 3:38 PM, lappihuan said:

@five_seven5-7
_mine setDamage 1;

On 22/08/2017 at 5:45 PM, lexx said:

Don't think he asked how to do it. More pointing out that this scene was... scripted. Of course, I was also wondering at first if it was a new feature (which would be weird, considering there are no earthquake in "regular" gameplay). After having to reload a few times, I knew it was just a script.

My point it was that there isn't no physics attached to the mines, external forces that could move or flip upside down the objects.

The UXOs in the middle air is an example like the not present under hand throwing grenades

On 18.08.2017 at 5:46 PM, esfumato said:

but it should have been really good to make the mine detector a weapon that could be taken on your hands, as the binoculars, and use the picture in picture technology to represent the radar and the mines on the mine detector screen instead of having the same 2D HUD that other radars use.

Also make the player take the tools needed to dismantle the mines on hand and execute some animations while disabling the mines.

I think this could be the best addition to working with mines! But But this did not happen...

it seems to me that this will not happen in Arma3 :( 
Unfortunately, BIS is very lazy when it comes to new animations and simulations from player of first person. I can draw such a conclusion, because the game does not even have some elementary main animations (on/off NVS, change between sights view (Example How it should be!), repair anim, placement of weapons, blah, blah, blah  - this list can be infinite) 

15 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Unfortunately, BIS is very lazy when it comes to new animations and simulations from player of first person. I can draw such a conclusion, because the game does not even have some elementary main animations (on/off NVS, change between sights view (Example How it should be!), repair anim, placement of weapons, blah, blah, blah  - this list can be infinite) 

That is a very naive quip to make which honestly just indicates that you know little about game development. There are many barriers which can prevent certain features from being expanded on some of which can be technical or resource limitations. I can't say what the typical day in the office looks like for the Arma developers but I will bet that you wouldn't see them acting "very lazy".

• Like 1

It's also funny if you take a look at the animation browser and see the endless list of animations for anything.

35 minutes ago, lexx said:

It's also funny if you take a look at the animation browser and see the endless list of animations for anything.

Yes, you will see the "endless list of animations for anything", but there is nothing for which it really is needed.

There were no usefull additions after the life of the game for more than 4 years.

I very much like Arma3, but I think that the animation part of the game is weak side. For example Look at reloading RPG-7 in other games:

Medal of Honor

Squad

Call of Duty Black Ops

FAR CRY

Battlefield

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Now, look at recharging RPG-7 in ArmA3...  Any adequate person will understand that Arma3, lags behind in animation issues from other games of genre.

@ lexx There are a lot of animations in the editor, yes! However, most of them are garbage, of poor quality.

I think, unfortunatelly the BIS developers are rather lazy (I speak only about  animations area!), because they spent twelve years to realize the elementery rotation of the helm in the game! (2001-2013) 

However, I talked about the idea of @esfumato. I've already thought about this before. Unfortunately, I'm sure that this will not be realized in Arma3, never. This is the subject of conversation, so do not go deep into the possibilities of BIS, because it has its strengths and weaknesses simultaneously...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mickeymen said:

I very much like Arma3, but I think that the animation part of the game is weak side. For example Look at reloading RPG-7 in other games:

Medal of Hohor

Squad

Call of Duty Black Ops

FAR CRY

Battlefield

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Now, look at recharging RPG-7 in ArmA3...  Any adequate person will understand that Arma3, lags behind in animation issues from other games of genre.

@ lexx There are a lot of animations in the editor, yes! However, most of them are garbage, of poor quality.

I think, unfortunatelly the BIS developers are rather lazy (I speak only about  animations area!), because they spent twelve years to realize the elementery rotation of the helm in the game! (2001-2013) 

However, I talked about the idea of @esfumato. I've already thought about this before. Unfortunately, I'm sure that this will not be realized in Arma3, never. This is the subject of conversation, so do not go deep into the possibilities of BIS, because it has its strengths and weaknesses simultaneously...

I don't think you'll find anyone shook or shocked you said that arma3 animations are not it's biggest strong point. Hell the devs themselves will tell you that. So this is old news. Not sitting on your opinion just stating truths.

Calling the team lazy. I don't think is factual. they openly discussed several times that  essentially their hand are tied when it comes to some animations with the engine holding them back..  

Would I have liked a more fancy mine detector thing? Yes sure would've been nice. Do the games in your list have better animations or reloading for the rpg. Yes.  Are they  dwarfs in scope when compared to arma in other areas of gameplay .yes. 

I hope all this lack of animations talk helps improve laws of war dlc.

• Thanks 1

Please make the beeping sound stay on after detecting a mine - it's totally unrealistic that it silences once a mine is revealed. Or at least, please make it an option.

Training mines dosen't work on dedicated servers. They only dissapear without any animation.