rekkless

Anyway to prevent players from just turning up their gamma in night missions?

So I'm in the process of making a Night time Team vs Team mission. One team is vastly outnumbers but has superior gear including night vision. The other team has greater numbers and only flash lights.

As all of you probably know one of the greatest ways to circumvent the affects of a dark night is to just turn your gamma all the way up.

Does anyone know of a way to either prevent players from simply doing that. Or negate the affects just turning the gamma up?

Cheers.

I seem to recall a discussion somewhere about adding a low-level white-noise overlay or something. The idea being that in good lighting/daytime and normal gamma it would be imperceptible, in the dark with normal gamma it would add a slight "grain" that might actually look cool, and in the dark with raised gamma it would bloom to the point of obscuring vision. No idea if anyone has tried this or if it would even work as described.

49 minutes ago, rekkless said:

So I'm in the process of making a Night time Team vs Team mission. One team is vastly outnumbers but has superior gear including night vision. The other team has greater numbers and only flash lights.

As all of you probably know one of the greatest ways to circumvent the affects of a dark night is to just turn your gamma all the way up.

Does anyone know of a way to either prevent players from simply doing that. Or negate the affects just turning the gamma up?

Cheers.

Well, it's not effective as it was before, turning up the gamma doesn't give you a big advantage anymore.

And you could just turn up the gamma on your screen settings or windows settings, which does the same thing ingame. 

So there is no way to prevent players from turning up the gamma to gain advantage.