DnA

Laws of War DLC Playable Content (Campaign / Showcases / Time Trials)

So, no idea why I don't get the time trial medals?

4 hours ago, wiki said:

So, no idea why I don't get the time trial medals?

Permission error in the engine; it should be fixed either in today's RC update, or Monday (I'm not 100% sure the fix made it in on time).

Ok thx.

RC =/= Dev branch, right?

And if I already have the golden medals, will the achievement automatically be unlocked after the update?

Is anybody finished the Peacekeeper mission on veteran level? This is a 10th time starting over and I have no slightest idea what can I do better.

Personally so far I found it impossible to finish.

7 minutes ago, eriktrak said:

Is anybody finished the Peacekeeper mission on veteran level? This is a 10th time starting over and I have no slightest idea what can I do better.

Personally so far I found it impossible to finish.

Spoiler

Was a nice firefight but I am using custom skill settings. Skill: 0.9 Precision 0.05. Otherwise they are like snipers. Dunno how it's now with the changes to the skill curve.

Solution found. 

Spoiler

Right after posted my question I found the way to hit those guys. If you can hit the machine gunner first the rest is very easy. Maybe even too easy. It was more fun/balanced on lower level.

I had to start run away from the location and only then I had enough time to hit the machine gunner.

Maybe the machine gunner should mount after they arrive and truck stops. 

Well, I've yet to get the Hmntrn achvmnt. I treid everything I had in my mind. Bug or me being stupid?

Spoiler

I didn't use the IDAP Van, didn't kill the doctor with clusters and didn't use APERS Dispensers. In the text where you choose the one you blame there are now no exclamation marks (!) and no special mentions of things I did wrong the first time I played the campaign.

Using Dev-branch after todays update and started the campaign again wiht it. Is it the same bug wiki has?

2 minutes ago, heavygunner said:

Well, I've yet to get the Hmntrn achvmnt. I treid everything I had in my mind. Bug or me being stupid?

Hide contents

I didn't use the IDAP Van, didn't kill the doctor with clusters and didn't use APERS Dispensers. In the text where you choose the one you blame there are now no exclamation marks (!) and no special mentions of things I did wrong the first time I played the campaign.

Yup, I also wonder what is needed to get this achievement.

Excellent company and history. Thank you. We are waiting for new stories from other cities and islands. )))

• Like 4

Just done a play through of the campaign. did a bit the other day but went into showcases and playing with assets you know how it goes. anyway some notes and issues.

note - I like the idea of the memories. can you make it so the sound from them goes after you check it. ( like the mines beeping when you reveal one) otherwise when you get a little lost you check over and over  same ones by mistake and grow to now find them a pain in the hole :D.

Spoiler

note - speaking of the memories. could of  went with less of them but more of a point to them. intertwining with the story more. some don't add anything to the story/game play really . for instance you walk into the carpenters house. look at the memory. ( yeah you should of seen his house blah blah good old days simpler times). it would of been better executed to say something like.." to see the house you'd think it was just a messy workshop first , and a family home second". I remember saying this to Marcus. it was then he told me that in fact his fondest memory was helping his dad rebuild or build this house it was more than just a home to him. (then in the survivor  mission you wake up in this place he holds dear blown to shit. the character then has even more reason to pick up the gun or if not  harder  to resist picking it up.  I know this stuff is in no way game breaking . liked the little details like the uxo in wall .

p.s yess I tried to break the fabric of time exploding this. ha

Spoiler

note- after using drone to blow up the apers mines. the unknown explosion happens in the house. that leads you to find the laser designator. but the way it is executed in cam shot feels more like it is a bug than an scene.  

Spoiler

issue- guy came up back stairs of carpenters house in survivor he was bugged walking under the floor half his body on show.

Spoiler

Issue - in scene talking about how glad they are to have the bobcat . the bobcat starts ghosting through the wrecked barricade of vans and stuff  that I had set up.(this is perhaps intended as some memory/effect in the scene. was not too sure.

also I believe it was noted already but in case the siren/beacon on the gorillas  4x4 beside barricade mission is broken .blue to yellow flickering oddly. same with the roll bars on the back

Spoiler

liked the lil twist on the csat ;) spec ops team lasing for the bombing run. I would have liked it going a little deeper. as this was an unconfirmed part in the story. there was room to make this mission game play wise more creative or open free to take actions outside of the narrative.

going onto the general I'll edit this after as I don't want to forget bugs/ issues or stuff. 

Spoiler

General mission was decent enough. got to input how valuable mines can be in a counter offensive. did not happen on any bugs.

Spoiler

regards the ending of the campaign

am I the only one that was waiting for a cinema shot of main character inside van as it drives of from town and him talking to the reporter . and as they are wrapping up. just an explosion sound. and the girl on the phone. saying hello? are you there? then saying I don't know I think we lost connection... :D maybe I'm just a bastard for Irony:D

note - I like the idea of the memories. can you make it so the sound from them goes after you check it. ( like the mines beeping when you reveal one) otherwise when you get a little lost you check over and over  same ones by mistake and grow to now find them a pain in the hole :D.

You can check the location of the newest memory on the map. Indicated by the green icon ;)

2 minutes ago, R3vo said:

You can check the location of the newest memory on the map. Indicated by the green icon ;)

ah cheers Revo. figured I may be missing something. was not really checking the map so much I was just exploring. 

Just now, teabagginpeople said:

ah cheers Revo. figured I may be missing something. was not really checking the map so much I was just exploring. 

I've just found that out myself.

All in all enjoying the campaign so far - different take on things - Bravo for something different (and of course the donation to the Red Cross)

Does highlight to me 3 existing issues (apologies if a little off topic/or mentioned already:-

Pop-in on the small trees on Altis is bloody awful (I swear it wasn't this bad when the game first came out!)

For the love of God can we have a different animation for controlling drones??! The "I've lost my keys" schtick is unworthy ;-))

No women!!!;-)

Keep up the good work BIS and thanks

Spoiler

When placing mines at the church, please tell players to leave themselves an exit route. Do NOT put mines anywhere near the church door or you might step on it once you leave.

Spoiler

The total air activities during the NATO invasion are too light. AAF just sent one jet to clear the airspace, open a windows and the Major can escape with a heli? I don't think so.

The whole OOB of the mission is weird. The NATO just deployed ONE rifle squad to air assault 2 AAF High Valuable Targets near the NATO front line without any support. And they just keep attacking regardless of mine and casualties.

A larger battle of Saving Major XXXXXX would be good.

The first point is kinda obvious, don't you think? Common sense shouldn't need a hint, to not place mines there.

I continued to play the company yesterday. I had one task (to neutralize mines at church) and viewing of reminiscence in the lock. After reminiscence in the lock, reminiscence in the city has appeared. When I went to the city, on a half of a way, have seen reminiscence at the broken helicopter. After his viewing, reminiscence in the city has disappeared and markers of all seen memoirs have disappeared.

Spoiler

Wow. Just finished the campaign and the whole time I was enjoying it every bit. The part where it switches between CSAT and CTRG made me... Idek that was amazing. The whole campaign is pretty much finished but I saw some Arma3 placeholders which kinda ruined the immersion but not really, its early access after all. Also, the way you piece together the history of Oreokastro was well done and It was so satisfying after finally finding out how everything came to be.

However, the survivor mission where you're wounded and trying to escape was hard af  and ittook me atleast 5 times to finally complete it. 

I loved the little memories and the way you switch from the beautiful, bright past into the dark, rainy present was amazing, like watching a movie. I honestly believe this is the best campaign ive played in any game for a while. 

I really got captivated by SSG Adams, and how he is presented as being helpful and kinda made me sad he died.

so basically what im trying to say is, the campaign is amazing and i honestly have no clue how to improve it. Well done BI.

• Like 2

By the way, how do I earn the Humanitarian Achievement...? I was never faced with a clear choice?

I finished the campaign, really liked it, all those dialogs were great. I just have three objections.

1) While playing as the civilian at the start of the campaign, you step on invisible landmine. I understand this is scripted in order to ensure you die.

2) The bobcat drove through the roadblock without actually pushing any vehicles. I mean it kinda warped through.

3) While defending the village from AAF as an injured civilian/FIA I encountered a sleeping man in a building. Looked quite strange considering half of the city got hit by an airstrike and is currently under attack. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/856102160281544350/6D630BC764B88B8268A1E3F1E2CA31CF383F36B8/6D630BC764B88B8268A1E3F1E2CA31CF383F36B8

Excellent DLC. The game develops exactly as it would be desirable and very competently.
Campaign 10/10 - I would like more missions, otherwise everything is very cool.
Assets - 10/10 - very cool.
Showcase - 10/10 - reminds of the good old days, but much better.
Minus - only one, very much hoped that with this addition will come the module of the civilian population and traffic. :)

P.S. a wish: module of civil, warfare module (or something better). I very much hope for TAC OPS DLC. 

Thank you BI - for the good game/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AzZaMaTr0n said:

By the way, how do I earn the Humanitarian Achievement...? I was never faced with a clear choice?

+1

During the campaign

Spoiler

-I didn't use the IDAP van in "the insurgents"

-I didn't put AP mines around the AT mines in "the insurgents"

-Remained as a civilian in "the survivor"

-Didn't deploy mines in "the major"

Is there something else to be done?

Like this:

Spoiler

-In the mission "the insurgents", I can't not decide not to put any mine

-In the mission in which we have to call for a bomb run, is there a way NOT to kill the medic?

Because everytime, either one objective is not destroyed and the mission failes -  or all the objectives are done but the medic is killed.

So, I dunno what I miss not to have that achievement unlocked.

If anyone has thoughts about it, feel free to share