Stretcher needs a Vehicle variant, for loading wounded onto. Like Taru medical pod.

Also make sure it is sling-loadable and Vehicle-In-Vehicle loadable (config).

It will be a war crime if you dont do the above !!! :)

* Community can take care of all the interactivity and scripting (to move around the stretcher and load incapacitated units into the stretcher, so this should be a tiny tweak with massive gameplay value, to configure the Stretcher similar to the Taru Medical Pod.

For non-devs, like this post to show them its important

• Like 8

IDAP surely has the cheapest EOD unit ever - no proper EOD suit , no dogs , no EOD robot - only a cheap drone

• Like 10

1 hour ago, roberthammer said:

IDAP surely has the cheapest EOD unit ever

Nah man, in africa they used to scare wild animals into the minefields to set them off. That's the cheapest EOD I can think of... it even gives you well-done meat in return.

On a serious note though, I do find it odd that there aren't any IED aspects here, which would warrant a ground EOD robot.

The only thing I found buggy/inconstistent with the DLC content was the anti-mine bombs on the drone. Sometimes a bomb would set off mines in a large area, other times it would not set off the mine 1 meter next to it.

I suspect this because of the way arma 3 terrain works, there are small height differences in the "terrain grid". If a mine is sitting on a different grid, then the edge of this grid may "mask" the line of sight between bomb and mine, causing the mine to be shielded by terrain. Just my assumption.

11 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:

-Medical Van doors don't open at the rear.

-Cargo drone doesn't have physical cargo, but rather, simply has an Inventory.

Could you elaborate about those doors? Do you mean lack of user action?

As for Cargo drone, it has small ViV capability so you can fit some small prop or ammo case.

9 hours ago, biggerdave said:
  •  
  • Cargo Van is unable to transport go-karts Command Mobility Vehicles. (minor, but given we have a redstone karting skin for the van it seems like this isn't intended behaviour?)

fix for that should be available soon on devbranch. Karts were missing proper ViV configuration so they should fit in other ve

• Like 3

17 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Also, the APERS mine dispenser requires DLC purchase even when equipped in Arsenal. This is not consistent with everything else (and frankly, makes testing difficult).

This looks like a bug. We've had to extend Content Licensing to explosives (read: magazines), but it seems this aspect was not caught. Looking into it.

Update: we cannot seem to reproduce this. We tried the retail version owning just the core game, and it let us use the APERS Mine Dispenser in VR Arsenal. Did you do something more specific?

• Like 2

You guys did very splendid work!

I excited with every new assets.

But one thing, and just my opinion, using normal assets like dirty Offroads, vests or Mk20s in VR, is little bit unfit with VR environment. It is better if we receive assets for VR -Like cars, armors, rifles- just like VR Entity.

Would it be possible to leave some remnants of the APERS disperser and cluster bombs visible after the submunitions are spawned? It'd add to immersion and also telegraph where minefields and potential UXO are for the keen eyed players, like it would IRL.

Only bug I've noticed so far is that the CCIP on the Wipeout and Nephron estimates short of where the cluster munitions actually land. Haven't tested AAF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cenwulf said:

Would it be possible to leave some remnants of the APERS disperser and cluster bombs visible after the submunitions are spawned?

It's on our wishlist, but not currently supported in the engine. We'll evaluate feasibility to handle that later, but no guarantees.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cenwulf said:

Would it be possible to leave some remnants of the APERS disperser and cluster bombs visible after the submunitions are spawned? It'd add to immersion and also telegraph where minefields and potential UXO are for the keen eyed players, like it would IRL.

Only bug I've noticed so far is that the CCIP on the Wipeout and Nephron estimates short of where the cluster munitions actually land. Haven't tested AAF.

I second that about the submunitions! Really cool if there would be remnants of cluster bomb casing, spine and tail. Like mangled/warped metal from impacting the ground. Also, like others have mentioned. Clusterbombs tend to throw off a lot of sparks and dust, but not so much black/dark grey smoke. Just an observation.

@DnA Finally, a quick question. How are the "dud"s spawned? Does every bomb generate a fixed number of duds, and a fixed number of dangerous duds in addition to the functional bomblets? Or is there randomization? What I'm asking is there a possibility that ALL bomblets detonate? Or is this a set amount in the code? Realistically speaking this should be random so that players don't get used to a set amount. If someone figures out "Hey. this bomb spawns 4 UXO's every time", then they will scan for 4 UXO's and consider the job done. 

Any chance you can add the ambulance siren to the Gendarmerie offroad? Also, any chance of a Gendarmerie van? How about a plain blue PASGT helmet with neck protector?

Also, any chance of an ISIS-style bombing drone for the FIA based on the demining drone?

12 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Finally, a quick question. How are the "dud"s spawned?

There are various new submunition parameters that can control randomization / pattern / types indeed. Stay tuned for updated documentation asap (check the in-game Config Viewer and search for the related ammo). By the way, this technically was to some degree already in the previous main branch updates ;)

• Like 4

Would that also be possible to add, for example, dud artillery and mortar shells? Possibly also regular air-dropped bombs. Cluster warheads are notorious due to the sheer amount of submunitions that they carry, but unitary warheads can also fail to detonate. While missiles typically either get pulverized if the detonator fails (not to mention that at those speeds, the impact has a good chance of setting off the charge regardless) or fly off into the wild blue yonder, bombs and artillery shells fall near the target zone and continue to pose danger if they do not explode. This would add serious difficulty in case such kinds of UXO are present - a buried cluster bomblet will take your leg off if you trip on it, but a 155mm artillery shell can take out your whole crew. Using the drone would also be tricky around those things. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, DnA said:

There are various new submunition parameters that can control randomization / pattern / types indeed. Stay tuned for updated documentation asap

Fantastic!! Thank you for the answer :) 

And I just have to say, I can't say I have ever experienced something like this in ArmA. You guys did an excellent job trying to nail down difficult and unpopular sides of armed combat. Most enjoyable ArmA 3 campaign experience so far for me :) I felt more "connected" to the story.

Keep up the good work on polishing the details :) 

• Like 3

The new UAV's cannot be re-packed back into backpack form.  Not sure if intended behaviour or not.

16 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

The new UAV's cannot be re-packed back into backpack form.  Not sure if intended behaviour or not.

Thanks for spotting it, should be fixed soon

• Like 4

Not sure if this requires a ticket, but the Multi-Pocket Vest and the Messenger Bag have a slight clipping issue....

fmn6R24.jpg

.....the Head Bandages are fantastic, Gavras is also rocking a splendid moustache ^^ 

• Like 3

I like the idea of the respirators, but they are just paper surgical/dust masks.

A nice addition to this would have been actual respirators and gas masks. 

I really like the idea of adding the humanitarian aspect to the game. Goes well with UN troops and other peacekeeper and west Africa type scenarios. 

• Like 3

Amazing DLC we got here. I love to see the civilian and humanitarian aspect of war and the added morality.

Just one thing so far. Found some issues with the van. When it explodes it flies away a few dozen meters. And besides that, I think there are some issues with the hitbox, it seems to be upside down or something. The van after exploding flips around and clips the ground (had to link this one, this was getting crazy with 2 images for some reason) or just floats one meter above it:

lAn5H2I.jpg

Edited by Will_The_Gamer_PT
bad formatation

Just curious because i may be missing something but is there any way to actually have PoWs and Hors de combat in game? Like AI surrender or get put out of the fight?

25 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

Just curious because i may be missing something but is there any way to actually have PoWs and Hors de combat in game? Like AI surrender or get put out of the fight?

can be done with community mods & scripting, there is no official system for this (and likely no plans at this point).

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

can be done with community mods & scripting, there is no official system for this (and likely no plans at this point).

Shame. It would have been a perfect thing to include as a system update with this DLC and have it as an optional feature through the "Module" system.

• Like 5