Sign in to follow this  
VikingSail

Can we do something to stop this madness on the Official Servers?

I've been playing on the official servers quick often recently. Unfortunately what affects the gaming experience the most isn't really graphic performance or gameplay. But TROLLS.

Almost everytime we try to finish a mission together, there will be trolls start teamkilling. 

I mean once or twice is ok. But there were sometimes even people kept doing this for 2 hours. And we couldn't get rid of him BECAUSE THE VOTING SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK.

As many say, the voting system needs an overhaul. It's extremely difficult to get someone kicked or get someone as admin if it requires everyone on the server to:

1. vote 

2. vote ONLY ONCE

3. vote ONLY ONCE otherwise it resets everyone else's vote

There will always be people not voting (either don't understand English or don't know how to). Which means if there are 10 people on the server, 1 troll will ruin the other 9 players' game. 

This almost only happens on the official servers. Since (I'm surprised to see) there're no admins on the official servers. 

If BI decides to put those servers in a separate tab in game, then you gotta moderate them in a proper way. 

I posted this after playing on an Escape from Altis server for 4 hours, while 2 trolls came in and started teamkilling. The first one lasted for almost 30 mins until he got bored and leave. Then the second one LASTED FOR 2 HOURS. T W O    F C K I N G    H O U R S.

How's that supposed to be on THE OFFICIAL SERVERS OF ARMA? No moderator. No proper way of contacting someone who could do something about it. And above all, the voting system don't work. 

They work technically. But they don't work practically. I really hope we can do something about it and make a change. ARMA is growing, which means there will be more players coming to the game as well as more trolls. We need to implement an effective way against those which ruins people's time playing ARMA. 

It doesn't happen as much on private servers BECAUSE THERE ARE MODERATORS. But on public servers we can change the voting system. Or there might be even better ways which will be more than welcome to be discussed here. 

Thank you.

I agree this is a problem,  another problem is rogue Admin's who kick other players because they want the server for themselves or want you to "ego massage"  them. Going back to the topic,  I can say that the only solutions is to either grab a server before anyone else and vote yourself as Admin or rent an dedicated server.. I may do the later in the near future. (old post but still very much relevant IMO) 

Edited by PeaceOne
Typo+additional info