On 8/17/2017 at 4:12 AM, Georg_Ravioli said:

Only bug I found is that the IBA GL (DCU) seems to have a mismatched bump map or something. I'll get a screenshot later tonight if you need.

Hey i can't seem to find this bug, so can you screenshot it?

or is anyone else getting it?

oh, fixed the bradleys btw

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simcardo said:

Hey i can't seem to find this bug, so can you screenshot it?

or is anyone else getting it?

oh, fixed the bradleys btw

I ve also havn t noticed any visual bugs on IBA vests but......I could be staring at it and not see.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update.

I ve checked every unit and group in the editor. Looks OK.

Regards.

• Like 1

Alright thanks everyone, 

Recently i added some more units to this addon, they are optional; only if you want some more units.

they can be found here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116198232

The extra units that are included in this optional pack are:
- 173rd Airborne Bde (2004 and OEF)
- 10th Mountain Division (2004 and OEF)
- 101st Airborne (OEF)
- 3rd Infantry Division (OEF)
- 4th Infantry Division (2004 and OEF)

As always, the 2004 ones wears DCUs and M81 IBAs, and a mix of MICH and PASGT helmets.

The OEF units are in Full ACU gear and they wear ISAF patch on their left arm.

Some of the units also wear unique scrimmed helmets, the base model for the scrim is made by bigstone, which also gave me alot of advices to make these units as accurate as possible, thanks alot! 

Oh and right now, i'm working on USMC units of the same era. later on this addon will be renamed to something like US Forces 2000s

• Like 8

This is really shaping up well! I wish the vests looked a bit better but I don't think you can do much better working with the Arma 1 models, and nobody seems interested in modelling a new one. I've always hoped for a comprehensive addon to cover that awkwardly hot period of US gear that everyone seems to miss, and you've done it well.

• Like 3

Thanks for another update. Scrim helmets are very cool.

BTW There is a typo config error regarding 10th Mountain M2A2 Bradley that prevents it from spawning, also please check Zeus cfgpatches indexing something may be missing there but not sure for 100%.

Also because RHS has more assets in that regard. I think that mod would benefit from adding support units to unnumbered generic US army factions units like M113s Hemmtts and M109 arty. Some generic us army M113 s mech squads on RHS template would also be cool.

Thanks again and regards.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

I wish the vests looked a bit better but I don't think you can do much better working with the Arma 1 models, and nobody seems interested in modelling a new one. 

Lol actually in a way i had that in mind already but, idk how to make new models even when using o2 (or object builder ye watevs), but thats ok i can just do it in 3ds max, but alot of times i'm too lazy to think that i have to re-rig them so i put it in low priority lel

4 hours ago, bolo861 said:

BTW There is a typo config error regarding 10th Mountain M2A2 Bradley that prevents it from spawning, also please check Zeus cfgpatches indexing something may be missing there but not sure for 100%.

Eh the 10th mountain shouldn't have bradley at the first place, i'll check it again thanks

• Like 2

Eh the 10th mountain shouldn't have bradley at the first place, i'll check it again thanks

Eh - Yes, of course 10th Mountain as "light" infantry both pre and post "modular" transformation shouldn t have Bradley IFVs.

Regards.

• Like 1

Looks good! You should put nametapes and ranks on the UCP IBAs, like here.

Though the one thing that bugs me is the U.S. soldiers all wearing Russian boots. But that's not your fault, that's just the way BIS made them.

• Like 1

Yea i would put it on the IBA but i dont know if vests are customisable like uniforms are, at least i have not known a way to or something lel 

So for me its either have a fully modular nametape and rank sections or just leave it empty i guess

Anyway i didn't know much about boots lol, i would replace them with a correct one; i'll do it much later if i have to model it but if maybe one of the A2 models wears the correct set, i can simply switch them off (:

• Like 2

tho whole thing? just photoshop, notepad++, a3 tools, 3ds max, thats it i guess

• Like 1

Thanks for the update of additional units but config error of 10th Mountain mech group and M2A2 Bradley still persists. Undeleted config entries from main US Army 2005 RHS pack are overriding the ones from Additional units.

Regards.

5 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

Thanks for the update of additional units but config error of 10th Mountain mech group and M2A2 Bradley still persists. Undeleted config entries from main US Army 2005 RHS pack are overriding the ones from Additional units.

Regards.

damn yea thanks for this, i just checked and turns out one of the pbos thats supposed to be in additional units (the older version) end up in the main pack folder

• Like 1

Well config error of 10th Mountain mech groups with M2A2 Bradleys still persists in US army additional units. To fix this You should simply delete this two cfgGroups entries.

class Mechanized_10MTN_05_D
			{
				name="Mechanised Infantry (Desert)";
				class BUS_US_10MTN_05_Mech_D
				{
					name="Mechanised Infantry Squad";
					side=1;
					faction="SIMC_UA_10MTN_05_D";
					icon="\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_mech_inf.paa";
					class Unit0
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="M2A2_10MTN_05_D";
						rank="SERGEANT";
						position[]={0,0,0};
					};
					class Unit1
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_soldier_TL_F";
						rank="SERGEANT";
						position[]={5,-5,0};
					};
					class Unit2
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_soldier_AR_F";
						rank="CORPORAL";
						position[]={-5,-5,0};
					};
					class Unit3
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_soldier_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={7,-7,0};
					};
					class Unit4
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_soldier_LAT_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={-7,-7,0};
					};
					class Unit5
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_soldier_GL_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={15,-15,0};
					};
					class Unit6
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_05_Medic_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={-15,-15,0};
					};
				};
			};

class Mechanized_10MTN_07_D
			{
				name="Mechanised Infantry (Desert)";
				class BUS_US_10MTN_07_Mech_D
				{
					name="Mechanised Infantry Squad";
					side=1;
					faction="SIMC_UA_10MTN_07_D";
					icon="\A3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\b_mech_inf.paa";
					class Unit0
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="M2A2_10MTN_07_D";
						rank="SERGEANT";
						position[]={0,0,0};
					};
					class Unit1
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_soldier_TL_F";
						rank="SERGEANT";
						position[]={5,-5,0};
					};
					class Unit2
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_soldier_AR_F";
						rank="CORPORAL";
						position[]={-5,-5,0};
					};
					class Unit3
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_soldier_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={7,-7,0};
					};
					class Unit4
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_soldier_LAT_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={-7,-7,0};
					};
					class Unit5
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_soldier_GL_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={15,-15,0};
					};
					class Unit6
					{
						side=1;
						vehicle="B_10MTN_07_Medic_F";
						rank="PRIVATE";
						position[]={-15,-15,0};
					};
				};
			};

Regards.

BTW, I ve seen the screenshot with uniform with "Big Red One" patch on it...very cool.

• Like 1

thanks, i thought i cleaned all the misplaced bradleys, got (hopefully, i might still miss alot of thing) all of em fixed, and also i fixed some misnamed uniforms

• Like 1

Alright, progress has been quiet slow because of college etc, but now update is finally here, and along with this update this addon gets to be renamed as "US Forces 2000s", because since this update, i've added more than Soldiers, but also Marines (finally :D)

There are about 4 main sets of these marines:

- 2003: Wearing DCUs/ M81s, Woodland IBAs, and PASGTs -> depicting late 2003 OIF/OEF

- 2004: Wearing Marpats and a mix of Woodland and Coyote Brown IBAs, and also LWHs

- 2006: Marpats and full coyote brown IBAs, LWHs, and few guys having M4s 
- 2006 Nomex: Same thing but Nomex Suits in place of MCCUUs

Specifically, this update includes

- MCCUU uniforms, Marine version of the BDUs

- LWH helmets (Basically PASGT with different straps, well idk what else to do to make it different but i hope it'll do)

- Nomex flightsuit model, originally made by cinco http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23973 -all credits goes to him for the model and for allowing us to edit it by providing the unbinerised files.

- With the addition of the Nomex suit, now tankers and flight crews for the marines and the generic US army units wear them.

oh and another thing is, a rather bad news;

As far as I know, people uses the RHS version more than the CUP one, and personally i use the RHS one more too. And these days i can't really keep up for updating the 2 versions, i may get back to it in the future but for now I'm sticking with the RHS one, so I apologize to anyone who prefers the CUP version (i guess I do like CUP for having the comp M2s and PEQ2s which are more period correct)

Oh one more thing. The Additional Units pack now includes the US Army 1st Infantry Division

3 Sets of it which is:

- 2007 (Full UCP) 

- OEF (Full UCP + ISAF patch)

lYpIt09.png

Cheers everyone!

• Like 9

Your comment on suspending the CUP version reminds me, Robert Hammer accessory pack has all the old school attachments like the Comp M2, TA01, and PEQ2. I always used it in conjunction with RHS weapons when kitting up my own old classes. Though making the addon depend on it might not be a great call. 

You're doing some great stuff with this addon. Thanks man.

• Like 1