Kaleu

Satellite map stretched/overlapped in L3DT

I'm having trouble viewing my satellite map, it stays that way after importing it to the L3DT 

zCo45AT.png

you loaded a Big image in L3DT.....

L3DT can´t handle it, resize it to 2048x2048 and try

Thank you, it worked perfectly

Max size for L3DT seems to be 8192x8192. Just don't use that size in TB, unless you have a small map lol

You can use bigger than 8192 I think. What is important though is to make sure that it fits into your terrain size evenly. Weird image resolutions can cause problems.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 3:36 AM, jakerod said:

You can use bigger than 8192 I think. What is important though is to make sure that it fits into your terrain size evenly. Weird image resolutions can cause problems.

Correct, if you want to view the satellite map in you can load in much bigger images but for L3DT to display it correctly, it needs to be a multiple of the heightmap resolution. It's a power of 2 thing.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:08 PM, RoF said:

Max size for L3DT seems to be 8192x8192. Just don't use that size in TB, unless you have a small map lol

That's the limitation of the free version, if you have the full version, you can go much much higher.

1 hour ago, badluckburt said:

That's the limitation of the free version, if you have the full version, you can go much much higher.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem to display correct in the 3D editor. So I use a downsized sat map, when working in L3DT. But use a full size one in TB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoF said:

Yeah, but it doesn't seem to display correct in the 3D editor. So I use a downsized sat map, when working in L3DT. But use a full size one in TB

True, I think Aaron (creator of L3DT) is going to look into making the tiling more flexible at some point. At the moment, the sat map you load into L3DT always needs to be a multiple of the heightmap size and also a correct power of 2 value (128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384 etc).