GhettoGrill

Glitch abusing allowed?

So seeing ive been reporting people for Glitch abusing different ways the past 2 weeks, and NONE of them are banned or removed, still seeing the same people gltich abuse daily, even after reporting it multiple times ! 

Should i understand that, as glitch abusing is ok ? Its ignored by devs? and should i just start doing it too ? :/ 

3 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

So seeing ive been reporting people for Glitch abusing different ways the past 2 weeks, and NONE of them are banned or removed, still seeing the same people gltich abuse daily, even after reporting it multiple times ! 

Should i understand that, as glitch abusing is ok ? Its ignored by devs? and should i just start doing it too ? :/ 

I don't think the appropriate punishment for that is a ban, we do indeed punish players for misbehaving. 

1 minute ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

I don't think the appropriate punishment for that is a ban, we do indeed punish players for misbehaving. 

Dare i ask how you punish then ? 

Because doing glitch abuse Again and again, should be a ban IMO, but would love to hear how you solve it !

7 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

Dare i ask how you punish then ? 

Because doing glitch abuse Again and again, should be a ban IMO, but would love to hear how you solve it !

The tech for automatic ban is being developed as we go. Right now for these friendly killer/griefers and exploiters it's all done by hand.

And right now I don't want to disclose the punishment levels, sorry.

3 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

The tech for automatic ban is being developed as we go. Right now for these friendly killer/griefers and exploiters it's all done by hand.

And right now I don't want to disclose the punishment levels, sorry.

So rampant glitch abuse, for 2 weeks straight is just not punished :/ 

Even though this game is a work in progress, that is KILLING the game, 3/8 maps in Raid , dont nobody wanna play because glitch abusers are ruining them, but they get voted anyway because EVERYBODY is abusing some of the glitches ! 

But im sad to confirm nothing is done, even with video evidence or repeated offences, and i still see the same people glitching, even lvl 20+ people ! :(

But feels bad, that the toxic Glitch abusers who laughed at me when i said i would report, get off with it ! Guess they were right that nothing is done about it ! :don9:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

So rampant glitch abuse, for 2 weeks straight is just not punished :/ 

Even though this game is a work in progress, that is KILLING the game, 3/8 maps in Raid , dont nobody wanna play because glitch abusers are ruining them, but they get voted anyway because EVERYBODY is abusing some of the glitches ! 

But im sad to confirm nothing is done, even with video evidence or repeated offences, and i still see the same people glitching, even lvl 20+ people ! :(

GhettoGrill,

It is being done by hand, that means someone needs to process it, and that takes time.

So patience is the key.

• Like 1

GhettoGrill,

It is being done by hand, that means someone needs to process it, and that takes time.

So patience is the key.

But 4 weeks seem like a long time, having your game ruined by the same guys again and again ! 

ive played for a bit more than a month, and the same people are doing all the glitching week in week out !

Yeah it is getting pretty rampant Ghetto.  I agree.  They say they are working on automating it... so.... until then.  Dunno.  For me, I have just gotten off and played something else when the game gets hard to enjoy because of abusers (glitchers or hackers).  That is something they have to deal with and I am sure they know it is detrimental to their game.

2 hours ago, Seddrik said:

Yeah it is getting pretty rampant Ghetto.  I agree.  They say they are working on automating it... so.... until then.  Dunno.  For me, I have just gotten off and played something else when the game gets hard to enjoy because of abusers (glitchers or hackers).  That is something they have to deal with and I am sure they know it is detrimental to their game.

Ye but they are doing NO info for us users, and ignoring their forum / Support tickets, they are struggelin to become a popular game, but atm they are doing EVERYTHING on the list , for games that wanna be forgotten fast

43 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

Ye but they are doing NO info for us users, and ignoring their forum / Support tickets, they are struggelin to become a popular game, but atm they are doing EVERYTHING on the list , for games that wanna be forgotten fast

What do you mean ignoring? I am answering repeatedly. Honestly, please don't missinform. When I have new info I will provide it, I have none at this point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

What do you mean ignoring? I am answering repeatedly. Honestly, please don't missinform. When I have new info I will provide it, I have none at this point.

Ignoring = Nothing is done about it , im still meeting people on a daily basis who glitch into the radio tower for example, i take pictures, i report, but been doing that for 1 month now, and still the same people are gltiching EVERYDAY , even lvl 20+ people ! 

1 minute ago, GhettoGrill said:

Ignoring = Nothing is done about it , im still meeting people on a daily basis who glitch into the radio tower for example, i take pictures, i report, but been doing that for 1 month now, and still the same people are gltiching EVERYDAY , even lvl 20+ people ! 

I told you before that system for banning is being developed, so yes, nothing is being done yet, because we don't have the tech. Please read the information I provide.

2 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

I told you before that system for banning is being developed, so yes, nothing is being done yet, because we don't have the tech. Please read the information I provide.

Thought you could do something manually, so your saying nothing is done about cheating and gltiching atm ? 

Any ETA on when that will be done ? Then ill install the game again when it does, because not having anticheat on a FPS shooter, is just company suicide ! 

2 minutes ago, GhettoGrill said:

Thought you could do something manually, so your saying nothing is done about cheating and gltiching atm ? 

Any ETA on when that will be done ? Then ill install the game again when it does, because not having anticheat on a FPS shooter, is just company suicide ! 

Even manual system requires preparation such us system for e-mail sending, rules, templates. All is in progress. We have an anticheat - Battleye ;) But obviously Battleye does not ban exploiters. 

Edited by ITokyYourCookie

Even manual system requires preparation such us system for e-mail sending, rules, templates. All is in progress. We have an anticheat - Battleye ;) But obviously Battleye does not ban exploiters. 

Obviously doesnt work on cheaters either! :/ Well RIP argo then i guess, please do a Announcement when you start bannin people, ill be playing again !

1 minute ago, GhettoGrill said:

Obviously doesnt work on cheaters either! :/ Well RIP argo then i guess, please do a Announcement when you start bannin people, ill be playing again !

It does work. Battleye bans in waves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

It does work. Battleye bans in waves.

still seeing the same people Exploit and cheat on a daily basis, but i understand you wont discuss anything about it , But GL on your game, and please do an announcement when anticheat and bans are implemented !

1 hour ago, GhettoGrill said:

still seeing the same people Exploit and cheat on a daily basis, but i understand you wont discuss anything about it , But GL on your game, and please do an announcement when anticheat and bans are implemented !

Again, Battleye does not ban Exploiters, we need to do that, but the tech isn't ready yet, it's in progresss. And banning in waves means, it happens over period of time. Not every day.

It's a pretty easy fix for example the AC-tower on Airfield, put stacked pallets in front of the wooden door into AC-tower. Ta-da, it's not not possible to run-glitch through the door. Problem solved.
Another problem is spawnsite nr 1 (attackers) on Airfield. Put a truck or something right on the airfield in front of the spawn, voila, people wont spawnkill any longer.

As developers you should be interested in quickfixes to avoid glitching. You are employed in a huge gaming-company, with a shit-ton of assets. Get it done, stop slacking. Stop looking for obstacles that are not there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pherol said:

It's a pretty easy fix for example the AC-tower on Airfield, put stacked pallets in front of the wooden door into AC-tower. Ta-da, it's not not possible to run-glitch through the door. Problem solved.
Another problem is spawnsite nr 1 (attackers) on Airfield. Put a truck or something right on the airfield in front of the spawn, voila, people wont spawnkill any longer.

As developers you should be interested in quickfixes to avoid glitching. You are employed in a huge gaming-company, with a shit-ton of assets. Get it done, stop slacking. Stop looking for obstacles that are not there.

Fix for multiple location bugs will be in next update. I am sure you will enjoy them.

• Like 2

I am glad to hear so, good job. How are you comming along with the reporting tool by the way?

1 minute ago, Pherol said:

I am glad to hear so, good job. How are you comming along with the reporting tool by the way?

Swift-ly :). 

• Like 1

As a nonglitching nonhacking player - I too get very frustrated with the rampant glitchers and constant hackers.  I've played Arma for years and Battleeye does ban in waves... but those waves SEEM like they take forever... and the hackers seem to really run rampant and unchecked ruining the fun for regular players.

At the same time, Cookie has answered several questions which... some seem not to acknowledge.  Several things are apparently in the works and the devs (like any of us) have to be given the time to do their work.

If the game gets too much, then just take a break.  I took a break for a few months before due to certain issues and... am leaning towards another break due to glitchers & hackers now.  Several friends I play with have the same idea and are playing other games without these issues.  

But whatever you choose to do, don't abuse the Cookie.  Shes nice and helpful and has honestly been pretty polite (a LOT nicer than many forum admins I've seen through the years!).

Hands Cookie a cookie:

1277926533965176920chocolate_chip_cookie.png (1199×1104)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seddrik said:

As a nonglitching nonhacking player - I too get very frustrated with the rampant glitchers and constant hackers.  I've played Arma for years and Battleeye does ban in waves... but those waves SEEM like they take forever... and the hackers seem to really run rampant and unchecked ruining the fun for regular players.

At the same time, Cookie has answered several questions which... some seem not to acknowledge.  Several things are apparently in the works and the devs (like any of us) have to be given the time to do their work.  (Hands Cookie a cookie.)

If the game gets too much, then just take a break.  I took a break for a few months before due to certain issues and... am leaning towards another break due to glitchers & hackers now.  Several friends I play with have the same idea and are playing other games without these issues.  

But whatever you choose to do, don't abuse the Cookie.  Shes nice and helpful and has honestly been pretty polite (a LOT nicer than many forum admins I've seen through the years!).

1277926533965176920chocolate_chip_cookie.png (1199×1104)

That's one hell of a cookie :D