cplripley

Why isnt my DLC working?

Hi

New player, bought all DLC  but it wont let me use them, have been searching this forum and others but cant get it,  they say installed on steam but wont let me use in any way in the game?

cheers and sorry if this gets asked alot.

Precisely what are you expiriencing? You can't just get the DLC items in most of the official scenarios. Also, if you see a weapon or an item and you own all the DLCs, there's no way for you to know it's a DLC item. Can you acess the Tanoa terrain in the editor? If yes, you have all the DLCs in game, you just don't notice it.

There should also be a bar with enabled and non-enabled DLCs in the lower-left corner of the main menu. Please post back whether it works or not so I know whether to try to think of more things that could have happened.

Hi, thanks for replies, yes I have the bar with the list of Karts, choppers, jets etc but when I click on jets the top part is "try" which takes you to the editor and the rest like single player say "premium content"  so the jets single player section cant be used, and so on for the other icons.

Im not trying to use anything in Multi as ive only had a quick look at it and am just working through the scenarios to learn the ropes before noobing out in a server.

I actually am trying to put in a set amount of practice a session as a Chopper pilot but the same showcase thing repeated is getting a little annoying.

Yes I can access Tanoa in the editor, but would like to play the jets single player missions etc and they just seem locked.

Next step: place down a DLC vehicle in the editor with the player ar pilot/driver, play, and see if you get a popup. Try it with a fighter, a heavy copter and a Quilin. If you get a popup on all of them, something is very wrong with the DLCs. If you get a popup on the fighter, you bought the Apex Edition which doesn't include the DLCs released after Apex. If you get a popup on the chopper, I don't even know what to think. If you get a popup with the vehicle, you got the DLC bundle but not Apex. If you do own everything and don't have acess to the showcases, something broke.

P.S. If you just want to practice helicoptering, place a heli down in the editor and fly it.

library -> arma 3 -> properties -> DLC -> see which dlcs do you own. post it.

yep, can spawn all the gear,  Im coming to the opinion that the DLC  is just a lot less than anticipated, the single player doesn't seem to exist.

Yep. The DLCs (with the possible exception of Apex) in this game are cash grabs. If you do get them, you're not much better of than if you don't and they certainly don't give you an advantage.

That's just so wrong. You only see the "physical" / content side, but ignore all the engine enhancements. They could probably easily cut them out for non-paying folks as well, but then you can say goodbye to easily playing with everyone online. The current way of dealing with these things is so much better than that.

Also, DLCs which give you real advantages over other players would make this game pay to win.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

If you do get them, you're not much better of than if you don't and they certainly don't give you an advantage.

You want paid DLC to give you an advantage over players who don't own it?

Why are you playing arma again?

Cheers

• Like 5

Slight misunderstanding. I'm all for the way things currently are with DLCs, but I still think one should only buy them if they want to support the development further because they're not necessary.