Santiago_Vazquez

So, you can pass thru the High Voltage wires!

0:20 seconds of the video, I think it would not be possible IRL due to the rotor getting damaged. But it seems to have no hitbox in this case.

Anyone have more examples of this?

I see this with many small helo's, it's the rotor blades, they don't seem to have any sort of collision geometry, ot the trees they're flying between on the various maps dont

12 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

I didn't see you passing through anything in that vid actually.

I know, i have a really bad english. :(

2 hours ago, road runner said:

I see this with many small helo's, it's the rotor blades, they don't seem to have any sort of collision geometry, ot the trees they're flying between on the various maps dont

I have crashed (vanilla) hummingbirds into wires before. Plus if you're going in first person it's quite easy to misjudge whether you will (have) hit the wires or not.

• Like 2

It seems that the blades have no collision geometry when talking about wires. But they broke easily when hitting hard surfaces like buildings.

The hull of the hummingbird insta explode if it hit the wires.

• Like 1

Try for yourself: Spawn a hummingbird in the editor, go in third person and hit the wires with the rotor blade.

I was messing with Humming, there is at least 3 examples of how pass between these wires.

Edited by Santiago_Vazquez
typo

Some wires are obstructions some are not. 

Ive lost count of the number of times when flying fast I have forgotten that wires are hard in this (when in many games they are just a visual) and crashed and also several times when I have been in a helo that has passed right through them.

I guess its a map markup thing?