Tankbuster

group returned by fnc_spawngroup. Am i doing this right?

_smgrp1 = [_deliverypos, west, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "Guerilla" >> "Motorized_MTP" >> "IRG_Technicals")] call BIS_fnc_spawngroup;

{
	if ((vehicle _x) isKindOf "LandVehicle") then 
	{
	(vehicle _x) setfuel 0};
	};
} foreach (units _smgrp1);

I don't want the technicals to drive off, but they are spawning with fuel. Am I doing this right?

Is it my bracketting that making the script not work?

I assumed it was the way I was iterating through the group and picking the vehicle out of that

13 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Is it my bracketting that making the script not work?

I assume you are not a huge fan of -showScriptErrors?

5 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

I assume you are not a huge fan of -showScriptErrors?

You assume wrong.

17 minutes ago, das attorney said:

They're ok, but pointless imo.  Anyway, is this SP or MP???

This is serverside, MP. They are AI for players to interact with.

When they are spawned, they are local to the server, where the script is running. They never get grouped with a player - I should have said that earlier.

Oh, and there's no headless clients involved.

8 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

When they are spawned, they are local to the server, where the script is running. They never get grouped with a player - I should have said that earlier.

edit nvm

It doesnt happen in that order. The players don't (well, they needn't) get in the vehicles for a number of minutes after the spawngroup and script runs.

Players actually arrive in a helicopter with a slingloaded huron box underneath. Their task is to put the box on the ground near the ai group, so most times, they aren't going anywhere near them

15 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

You assume wrong.

Strange, your script gives me a bunch of errors, but I'm glad it doesn't do this for you. 

I'm a huge fan of your work and am always grateful for your contributions (my mission is littered with your stuff), but while you're taking the time to post, would you be good enough to actually help rather than be an arse?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

I'm a huge fan of your work and am always grateful for your contributions (my mission is littered with your stuff), but while you're taking the time to post, would you be good enough to actually help rather than be an arse?

What the hell? Run your script yourself with -showScriptErrors, it fails with a bunch of errors, what else there to help with? Check your script and amend it until it doesn't produce an error and come back. There, helpful?

Perhaps the underlying question is;

The group that is returned by fnc_spawngroup - given that the optional parameters the function can accept include stuff like ammo, position, skill and direction, but not fuel, whats the best way of picking out a spawned vehicle so I can do something like setfuel?

2 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

What the hell? Run your script yourself with -showScriptErrors, it fails with a bunch of errors, what else there to help with? Check your script and amend it until it doesn't produce an error and come back. There, helpful?

I'm not at the mission development machine right now. I got the code from my repository.

I have a server with a dozen megabytes of RPT, I can assure you I'm familiar with the little black box showing errors too. I've been doing this since 2005.

Since you didn't get KKs hint from his first answer I'll give you another:

{
	if ((vehicle _x) isKindOf "LandVehicle") then 
	{
	(vehicle _x) setfuel 0};
	};
} foreach (units _smgrp1);

Count the curly brackets.

Does the amount of opening and closing brackets match?

Spoiler

It doesn't.

:yay:

Cheers

• Like 2

Just remove the extra } in your condition and the code works. You can remove this condition as well.

• Like 1

Oh cock. Why is there an extra curly close after setfuel? That extra bracket isn't in the code in the repo but is in the OP. I think it got added when I added tabs and indentation.

It works now, thanks all. :)

Line 40 in show diffs;

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/coop40-authority-altis/subversion/commits/1556