axj2466

Teamkilling on official servers needs to stop!

I'm going to keep posting this until something is done about it or i get banned. This is ridiculous. If Bohemia spent the same amount of time they did deleting my posts, you could have easily implemented an anti tk script by now!

17 hours ago, axj2466 said:

I'm going to keep posting this until something is done about it or i get banned. This is ridiculous. If Bohemia spent the same amount of time they did deleting my posts, you could have easily implemented an anti tk script by now!

how about instead play on server(s) where your time is respected?

• Like 6

On 08/07/2017 at 8:10 PM, axj2466 said:

Why do we need anti team kill script, i see no need as Arma3 is a military sim. This is no arcade game, if you communicate with your team mates then friendly fire is less likely to happen. Or if your finding the official servers too frustrating or difficult, perhaps find a community or server where you feel more at home.

• Like 1

On 2017-7-8 at 8:10 PM, axj2466 said:

To be bluntly honest, it is much easier to ban you ( as a last resort of course) than to correct the behaviour of numerous random people scattered all across the globe who do not share your sympathies. 

We moderators are not paid, we have no control over how the game is created/programmed. We are trusted volunteers who help keep these forums a safe, manageable and educational place for all. In that respect, we will delete/hide posts that do not adhere to the letter and intent of the forum rules/guidelines.  

As for a "solution", I was informed that it is being looked into, but as with any huge project, different aspects have different priorities.

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Why do we need anti team kill script, i see no need as Arma3 is a military sim. This is no arcade game, if you communicate with your team mates then friendly fire is less likely to happen. Or if your finding the official servers too frustrating or difficult, perhaps find a community or server where you feel more at home.

arma is not a military sim, and the reality of public servers in a video game is that sometimes there are trolls.

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

arma is not a military sim, and the reality of public servers in a video game is that sometimes there are trolls.

If its not a military sim what is it? Of course there are trolls, there always will be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

If its not a military sim what is it? Of course there are trolls, there always will be.

unfortunately you appear to be trolling now too :\

OP is talking about teamkilling, intentional FF.

comments like this:

>if you communicate with your team mates then friendly fire is less likely to happen

in context of someone joining the server to explicitly shoot at teammates, is a bit silly to make comment like this.

32 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

unfortunately you appear to be trolling now too :\

OP is talking about teamkilling, intentional FF.

comments like this:

>if you communicate with your team mates then friendly fire is less likely to happen

in context of someone joining the server to explicitly shoot at teammates, is a bit silly to make comment like this.

less likely

And I might define "friendly fire" as the unintentional act of killing a team-mate. Intentional FF is just.... teamkilling.

The thing is, it's very hard for a script to tell FF from TK. Conceivably, there could be a range inside of which the script thinks the killer DEFENITELY saw the uniform, but I find friendly fire often happens in close quarters due to reaction shots.

• Like 1

Since arma is a millitary game

then Sure there is the military Term , Blue on Blue ,

even if it is Friendly Fire or intenional team killing ,

so actually is the same .

This is why there are the admins ,the anticheats and the scripts about.

[ALPHA] =BTC= TK punishment v0.3

Edited June 4, 2013 by Giallustio

Try to find some friends to play instead , since you are not playing PVP.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

arma is not a military sim

Well my god, I've put 1722 hours into a game I thought was military sim. What can I say, I've been deceived.

• Like 5

On 7/8/2017 at 2:10 PM, axj2466 said:

If you keep posting you can actually get your post count above three, the number in place at the time of my response. While this may seem like a dig or a 'troll', its makes an important point that your exasperation may be somewhat overstated.

However, to give each complaint its due course. I find it hard to believe the servers are 24/7 of T'King, more likely a set of players that come on at certain time and simply wreck everyone else's time. As mentioned earlier, pick your servers around this. Is right or fair? Hardly, but it is the world of online gaming. Regardless of who runs the server, this stuff will crop up from time to time. I've been with incredibly strict groups who ran public servers and members dreaded being the admin-on-call because there would be spurts of stupidity on it.

But seriously, if this is what gets your panties in a twist, real-life must really tick you off.

• Like 1

It's certainly a problem, and I think a anti-tk script should be implemented.

Closing - this thread is not going anywhere - any suggestions to be added to Arma3 can be posted here - 

• Like 1