Sign in to follow this  
CHiLL3R

Help needed - Porting Plant from A2 to A3

Hi guys,

i have some questions about porting a plant from Arma 2 to Arma 3. It's the "fiberplant"...

What I try to do is a little Mod which is for the Mod Exile. I like to have usable drugs for more feature in roleplay aspect and it would match to the maintheme from exile --> mafia

So I create a little mod with new items which are usable with the exile mod. It would be fantastic if player could harvest weed. I'm using chernarus for my server, and also I use CUP Core and Maps.

It is no problem to spawn "fiberplants" with CUP, but if an admin would like to use my addon, he needs to download the big CUP mod and every of his player, only for spawning this little plant.

Therefore I thought, if CUP is allowed to port this plant over to arma 3, I could do this too.... but I could not figure out how to do this.

Readed probably every existing tutorial about that.

The biggest problem for me is, that the tutorials are about weapons, vehicles or buildings, with animations and all this stuff, which is not really needed for a plant. Some tutorials look like to be outdated.

So I would be very happy if someone could point me in the right direction, or have a link for a tutorial for modelling/porting noobs that will work.... So much effort for one little plant :down:

16 hours ago, CHiLL3R said:

t.

Therefore I thought, if CUP is allowed to port this plant over to arma 3, I could do this too.... but I could not figure out how to do this.

Have you asked the CUP Mod if you can use the model? Asking permission before editing someone elses is work is how this community works. 

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Have you asked the CUP Mod if you can use the model? Asking permission before editing someone elses is work is how this community works. 

I did not say that I will use the CUP stuff... I said:

if CUP is allowed to port this plant over to arma 3  (if CUP has the permission to port arma 2 stuff from BI), Icould do this too.... (porting the same stuff from arma 2, NOT from CUP)

But in the meantime I stopped looking for this plant. Cause for me its not possible to open the p3d model with oxygen2, I think its binarized....

There are also some 3d modells out there, whith permission to use as you like, but I'm really not knowing how to convert a .obj or a .fbx into a .p3d...

I'm stucked cause there is no tutorial out there that could help me, and in my opinion it's to much effort to learn how to modelling for just that little plant.

All I could do is to hope that someone can help me out or to stop my project.

1 hour ago, CHiLL3R said:

I did not say that I will use the CUP stuff..

Sorry if i misread your post, it sound like you wanted to use CUP stuff.  

You could save yourself loads of hassle and ask CUP for permission to use their model. CUP will have not needed permission from BIS, as BIS released Arma1, Arma2 sample data (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Sample_Models) which CUP used to port all of the content. 

There are also some 3d modells out there, whith permission to use as you like, but I'm really not knowing how to convert a .obj or a .fbx into a .p3d...

I'm stucked cause there is no tutorial out there that could help me, and in my opinion it's to much effort to learn how to modelling for just that little plant.

Be careful with free 3dmodels, some websites have stolen assets from other games. 

I already tried to download the sample Models, but the directlink is dead, tried using torrent, but also no success... --> picture

If I ask CUP and they will give me permissions, I have no clue how to do that... but I will give it try and ask them.

The free model I have found looks so poor, I could not belive that this is content of a game :f:

Thanks for helping me so far, I will wait until I get answer from CUP or someone has more information for me here...