Is there a way to use editor placed waypoints for spawned groups

Hello

I'm planning on have a few fairly large scale battles take place during a Mp missions, which includes a lot of waypoint usage by the AI.

Is there a way or method to be able to actually use editor placed waypoints for spawned groups?

I don't see it being reasonable to use markers to deal with tons of waypoints for spawned groups - right now the only thing I see doable is to just place one unit for each group on the map, make the waypoint plans, and then spawn the rest of the Ai units in each group when the time comes - which of course still has the total group count on the map, but reduces total ai count hugely until spawn time.

On a side note, just wondering how Arma 3 handles hundreds of AI units at long distances away in MP, are they set to a lower processing until a player is closer to them - and is there a significant difference of performance impact between how a SP mission runs with hundreds of AI on the map and how a MP mission runs with the same count on a server with the same system specs - All of the AI are Not in player groups either.

Thanks

You could try my SSSC-script. You ll find it at my signature. It can cache your waypoints and units and a lot more.

Wow, thanks :)

I have to admit I was a bit concerned about complexity - but it looks like usage of your delete/spawn system is quite simple actually.

I will definitely try out your script system there, and thanks - I can imagine that was quite an endeavor to pull off. Honestly I was thinking this would be something nice that BIS would install, just be able to editor place tons of units with waypoints, flag them as 'soon to be spawned or something' and then be able to flag them to spawn at some point, but I figured they would be staying on with priorities rather than fancy features like this - didn't think that someone would actually create a mod that does this :)

18 minutes ago, special ed said:

Wow, thanks :)

I have to admit I was a bit concerned about complexity - but it looks like usage of your delete/spawn system is quite simple actually.

I will definitely try out your script system there, and thanks - I can imagine that was quite an endeavor to pull off. Honestly I was thinking this would be something nice that BIS would install, just be able to editor place tons of units with waypoints, flag them as 'soon to be spawned or something' and then be able to flag them to spawn at some point, but I figured they would be staying on with priorities rather than fancy features like this - didn't think that someone would actually create a mod that does this :)

Never mind :-)

As I wrote that script it was my intention to keep it's usage as simple as possible while adding as much features as possible as well.

If u encounter any issues or if u have wishes for features which u are currently missing in it then don't forget to feedback those in the related thread. I'm willing to improve it if I ve the time for it...

I'd use the copyWaypoints script command.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/copyWaypoints

So you could spawn then in the editor and use deleteGroupWhenEmpty to preserve the groups even after all the members are dead:

grp1 = group this; grp1 deleteGroupWhenEmpty false;  // place in leaders init

Then spawn new groups and use:

_myNewGroup copyWaypoints grp1

I guess if you need a random selection, then you can selectRandom from your original editor groups.

On 6/26/2017 at 4:49 PM, sarogahtyp said:

Never mind :-)

As I wrote that script it was my intention to keep it's usage as simple as possible while adding as much features as possible as well.

If u encounter any issues or if u have wishes for features which u are currently missing in it then don't forget to feedback those in the related thread. I'm willing to improve it if I ve the time for it...

Thanks. I certainly think that script system you've made there is pretty impressive, it can make a lot of things possible in a MP environment where without it they could be pretty burdensome tasks.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, das attorney said:

I'd use the copyWaypoints script command.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/copyWaypoints

So you could spawn then in the editor and use deleteGroupWhenEmpty to preserve the groups even after all the members are dead:

grp1 = group this; grp1 deleteGroupWhenEmpty false;  // place in leaders init

Then spawn new groups and use:

_myNewGroup copyWaypoints grp1

I guess if you need a random selection, then you can selectRandom from your original editor groups.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty impressed with Sarogahtyps Spawn Script Creator, it removes me having to recreate all of the units and groups via spawning scripts, positions, various group and unit settings, etc.

I do appreciate the info there though, and if there was no such script system this is certainly how I would do it indeed.