For some reason, it req Tanoa (Apex DLC) , didnt BI make objects on maps open for everyone even without dlc?

13 minutes ago, alduric said:

For some reason, it req Tanoa (Apex DLC) , didnt BI make objects on maps open for everyone even without dlc?

Yes but since they for some reason neglected to make the objects available to modders using BI tools up until yesterday, that requirement won't be lifted before decrypted files are live. 

Personally I don't care about people who don't have Apex. (has been addressed before)

The update I am working on now will probably not require it however. Depends how lazy I am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, alduric said:

@bludski: isn't that because I configured your map to inherit from Tanoa (some time ago when I was helping you configuring ambiant sounds)?

It makes sense it requires Tanoa, since the map not only use Apex objects, but pretty much all of the config from Tanoa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, haleks said:

@bludski: isn't that because I configured your map to inherit from Tanoa (some time ago when I was helping you configuring ambiant sounds)?

It makes sense it requires Tanoa, since the map not only use Apex objects, but pretty much all of the config from Tanoa.

Mostly it is because it has annoyed me to no end that apex objects were encrypted whilst still "available" to everyone so modders supposedly could use them :) Also why are you not in my discord?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bludski said:

Also why are you not in my discord?

Beats me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 1

Next post by me in this thread should be release notification..

You can follow the upgrade progress in the following thread: 

• Like 7

This is the trailer you are looking for:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice dubs, good music, Nixon for President. :supercool:

• Like 2

You make me very happy.

This will become the playground for our next "rescue the lost pilot" PvP.

• Like 1

This is simply amazing, especially since you are taking AI movement into account. Will there be river crossing on your maps (would be also very important for using AI units)

Keep it up :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

This is simply amazing, especially since you are taking AI movement into account. Will there be river crossing on your maps (would be also very important for using AI units)

Indeed, it's nice to see developpers caring about both SP & MP players - even BI did a bit of a sloppy job on this for Tanoa (it's driving me crazy each time an AI get stuck in whatever structure).

• Like 3

So looking forward to this map and I know it is late but maybe for your next map:

Would AMAZING to see something like this as an Easter Egg!

• Like 1

On 22/11/2017 at 4:43 PM, Valken said:

So looking forward to this map and I know it is late but maybe for your next map:

-

Would AMAZING to see something like this as an Easter Egg!

Not at all viable within arma. If it was possible.. you would see such things already.

• Like 1

Sucks to hear that as I thought maybe stacking a bunch of rocks could give off that effect so we have to look forward to ARMA 4 engine hopefully right after the last DLC drops. 

5 hours ago, Valken said:

Sucks to hear that as I thought maybe stacking a bunch of rocks could give off that effect so we have to look forward to ARMA 4 engine hopefully right after the last DLC drops. 

Arma rocks are a pain in the behind for a bunch of reasons.. Hence me not using any on terrains anymore. None bigger than armaguy could potentially throw anyway.  

As on tanoa.. ai are clueless in elevation and rock clusters. All rock formations on my maps are from now on painted on the ground.

On 22/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, Private Evans said:

Thanks! No there will not be any more river crossings than there are...

Hint, follow the river notice the vegetation, if there are mangrove trees then it is shallow enough to wade in. Half the point of LRRP is finding your own way. 

There will be only the one dry feet crossing via bridge in the northern village. There are several spots along the river where you don't have to swim more than 15-30m and in the side rivers there are several places you can walk across even before they end shallow.  At some point I want to make bamboo path markers and such that people can find if they know what to look for, but first i need actual bamboo plants. Also you get style points subtracted if you aren't playing with at least some rain.. You're meant to get wet ;)

(completely clear weather will eventually be impossible to set.)

Edit: I'd like to have an improvised pontoon bridge on one of the terrains but doubt I will ever have time to make one.

• Like 2

May I ask how big the changes to the areas will be? If I start building a mission now how likely I will have to rethink after the update? 

Open areas, road network and existing compounds will stay the same I presume? 

On den 21 november 2017 at 9:49 PM, bludski said:

This is the trailer you are looking for:

Awesome work mate! One of my favorite maps and really love the "wet" feel of it. Actually prefer it over Tanoa since your master piece has more "war torn" feeling to it :)

Game Update 1.78

[...]
Tweaked: Apex expansion data are now decrypted and downloaded to all users (Content Licensing applies)

Sorry for beating the the dead horse but since I don't now nearly enough about mapping to actually figure this out myself:

Does this mean that everyone actually has all the assets, configs etc needed to play this map or did they still have some APEX stuff behind encryption?

Either way keep up the good work and I am really looking forward to your new version soon TM

All Apex terrain and assets became decrypted today alongside the Tac-Ops release. 

It has been a year since I started this project now, beginning with PKL (minus two weeks or so) and almost six months since last public update.

A LOT has changed since then. Ideas from people who use it has come in. I've watched as many videos as I could find or get sent to me and I've done a vast amount of research and experiments.

All or some of this has led to the following changes.

(actual changes are in the hundreds of thousands so you're going to have to explore to see.)

• All ruins have been removed. May return in a later version.. If you follow this thread you know already.
  • All Tanoa rocks have been removed and replaced with another solution.
  • All roads have been upgraded to make room for small and medium vehicles and enhanced with new textures and more shiny wetness.
  • Almost all riverbeds have been upgraded and vegetation opened up to allow for more LOH oriented possibilites.
  • Every single area and settlement has had some level of changes and improvements.
  • More military locations in progress.
  • ~200.000 vegetation objects and a similar number of rocks and cliffs have been removed or replaced to improve performance.
  • The lower river area has rice farms started and will slowly have all available area converted into such.
  • Massive rethink of the terrain to allow for vehicle based gameplay to the cost of less on foot detail. 
  • Several new areas opened up.
  • AAA/artillery site added for OPFOR on western side.

The following are my plans for PKL towards next major update:

• High detail rice. My buddy @Kimchi is going to Cambodia in the very near future and will help me create some detail photo studies of various rice. This will allow me to create very high detail models that don't become pixely and crude when hiding in them.

• Finalized native buildings.
  • New native buildings and pagoda.
  • More hidden opfor installations.
  • New vegetation models, in clusters for high performance to make the jungle more dense.
  • Bamboo.
  • Local Boats. (props and ones that work)

Random Current stats:

910.000 objects where more than 700.000 of them were placed by hand.

~2000 people live in the area in approximately 600 simple homes. They probably dont' approve of what you are doing.

There are 3 military police compounds.

Mud roads cover over 100km and there are 70km of foot paths and riverbeds in various sizes.

You can fly single digit altitude between every major and most other locations in a littlebird.

Five "US" base locations and camps in the south east.

Five "NVA/VC" in the west and north. (reds control the west and northern parts.)

The holiday update is UP ON STEAM! 

If you enjoy my content, wish to see more, want to support me or say thanks, any size donation to my paypal is greatly appreciated and everything goes to cover expenses, software licenses or hardware. 

Happy holidays and don't get malaria!

-blud

PS: A very special thanks goes out to Gandalf the Grey @mondkalb  for sharing all the knowledge and being awesome!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

Think this is one of the best maps created for this game. I like the new farms running along the river in the south. Also really dig the way you create these small riverbeds carrying next to no water

How long would you estimate you worked on it now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snakeyes1 said:

I played on this map for the first time yesterday. Wow! It's amazing. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bitesrad said:

Awesome update! Thanks for all the hard work youve put into this. 

On 06/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, Private Evans said:

This needs a temple for Colonel Kurtz :) 

keep it up ...absolutely amazing map

On 06/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, Sternkraft said:

Think this is one of the best maps created for this game. I like the new farms running along the river in the south. Also really dig the way you create these small riverbeds carrying next to no water

How long would you estimate you worked on it now?

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy :)

• Like 1