Nick Seafort

UIposition[] parameter for TransportPylonComponent seems swapped in some cases

Hi all,

I've been working further on getting a servicing UI for the new Pylons, and I've run into yet another "roadbump". In this case, the roadbump is that the UIposition[] array for the Shikra is arranged [y,x], and the array for the Littlebird is arranged [x,y]. Now obviously, the UI within Eden renders absolutely fine and dandy, so what the hell are BI doing to get it to work? Do they even use the UIposition[] config value, or do they specify it somewhere else entirely? Is there another config key that says "turn your head 90 degrees before mapping these coordinates"?!

I'm genuinely at a loss as to how to do this without simply being forced to hardcode UI element positions for every friggen Pylon into my servicing UI - as you can imagine, that is a) bad, and b) instantly removes compatibility with 3rd party stuff....

Help :/

Edit: and to demonstrate my point, the wingtip pylons for the Shikra:
UI Top = [0.6, 0.45]

UI Bottom = [0.05, 0.45]

Pylons for the Littlebird:

UI Left = [0.06, 0.4]

UI Right = [0.59, 0.4]

Almost exactly the same matrices, one giving a vertical separation, the other giving horizontal separation...

Could you post screen & mark those rogue boxes? On my end both are horizontally separated so I'm wondering if it's tied to some sort UI size or if it's something else

I'm just going to have a little cry now. Sleep deprivation & staring at code all day had me comparing data I'd scraped from the Shikra to the image of the Wipeout... everything appears to be okay, and I feel like a right tit :x

Plus side, now looks like I've got pretty much everything I need to complete the prototype servicing UI :D