petek

Bad performance and juddering - Dev and Main branch

Hi - I've recently noticed the above when turning or looking around in both branches. Can only be eliminated by enabling v-sync (something I've never had to rely on in 4 years of Arma3! Anyone else seen similar? Thanks for any feedback/ideas. Was fine up until about 2 weeks ago.

cheers

• Like 1

I am having frequent stutters, while game report 80FPS in video options after auto detect was selected, dropping to low settings still makes it hitch a little bit, one thing that helps is dropping from 1440p to 1080p but then the game looks like garbage. I thought my spec's are good enough for this title, unfortunately I don't have much more time to play around with settings as I am nearing 2h on steam, and if I can't run it natively on my display I think I will have to refund it. Any idea what's going on?

Win10, I5- 3570k @ 4GH watercooled with corsair AIO, Asus P8z77-I deluxe mobo, MSI gtx 1070 armour , 16gb Kingston fury @ 1866Hz ddr3, HDD (got SDD for system only). 1440p monitor.

ive also just recently started having very bad performance drop. from avergage of 60fps to 10-13fps. very bad. Didnt happen this bad before latest patch. becomes unplayable

Are you guys on 64bits? I've noticed weird performance drops I wasn't having on 32bits : like slight stuttering when watching at a town from afar (for instance).

I found that setting Arma priority to Low (rather than High, as a lot of people are probably doing) helps mitigating the issue, but not completely.

This also happens on old terrains like Chernarus - wich runs butter smooth in 32bits. Weird.

64 bit for me. Although arma3 looks better now than 4 years ago it's kind of annoying that performance for me is worse than it was originally and I'm now using a higher spec'd machine.

cheers

Where do you check the version? I don't see any options in steam preferences to choose 32 or 64 bits... It's kinda crazy that you have to do this kind of optimisation yourself after you bought a new game, almost 2 hours trying to find settings that work and the performance still tanks, I could excuse it if it looked the part but it does not.

One thing I did is as recommended by everyone I set launch options to "-cpuCount=4" , didn't help.

It looks like this game is not for me.

6 minutes ago, Whizzard said:

Where do you check the version? I don't see any options in steam preferences to choose 32 or 64 bits... It's kinda crazy that you have to do this kind of optimisation yourself after you bought a new game, almost 2 hours trying to find settings that work and the performance still tanks, I could excuse it if it looked the part but it does not.

One thing I did is as recommended by everyone I set launch options to "-cpuCount=4" , didn't help.

It looks like this game is not for me.

Hi - I think you can select 32 bit .exe from the parameters tab on the launcher window

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whizzard said:

Thanks, so I was running 64 bits all the time... well, time to refund.

Try 32bits and see how it runs.

The 64bits exe is fairly recent and will most likely receive more updates; in any case, it was never meant to be an all-in-one uber FPS miracle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whizzard said:

Thanks, so I was running 64 bits all the time... well, time to refund.

You haven't said anything about the hardware you are using? That maybe part of the issue.

Yes I did, 2nd post in this thread. I hear a lot that the game is cpu intensive, maybe that is the problem as I am running over clocked I5 3570k to about 4Gh, there is still headroom to crank it higher but I don't need another heater in my room, no problems with temps, corsair H110i with 240 radiator cools it eforthlessly. All fans (radiator and chassis) have been upgraded and there is plenty of airflow, mesh allround (corsair graphite 380t)

Never had such performance issues even in recent games.

Fairly new to PC gaming so I don't know all the tricks, but I try to keep my windows free of bloatware and clean/defragment regularly, running latest nvidia drivers. 

I tried few of the solutions posted on the forums and YouTube but although it is showing average fps at about 70-80 fps (in graphics menu) depending on settings I still suffer from stuttering.

It's unplayable in a state like this and I am afraid I won't be able to tweak it in the 2h time it's given to try it out and will loose refund option. 

I will try 32bit ver. and maybe move the files to SSD, as a last resort, got maybe 8 min left on the clock to figure it out.

Win10, I5- 3570k @ 4GH watercooled with corsair AIO, Asus P8z77-I deluxe mobo, MSI gtx 1070 armour, 16gb Kingston fury @ 1866hz ddr3, HDD (got SDD for system only). 1440p monitor.