To whoever from Bohemia it concerns,

I recently purchased Arma 3 from Steam. But it seems it was not a money well spent because I haven't been able to play a single game till now. It is one thing that mods are required to download for some servers. However, I am getting kicked half of the time just because I have a high ping. About the high ping, I am sure that it is not that my internet is slow because I have played some many games online with the same internet. So the problem is obvious - lack of servers! I have seen many players from India taking interest in this game now. I myself convinced around 10 guys to purchase this game and play together. But now when they ask me how was the gameplay, I can say nothing to them. BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY IT EVEN ONCE. How crazy is that? Looks like Bohemia has not established any official servers in India till now. All of their servers are either in EU or USA. An indirect way of saying that we are being ignored.

So I request them to please set up a server in India or atleast somewhere near so that we can get a good ping to join. Or else I must say that Arma 3 won't be getting any more players from India. And I say this in concern because India can feed more than 10,000+ additional players to Arma 3. And of course it will increase once the game gets more popular.

Almost all servers are not official. There really are only very few "official servers" (I don't even know how many, but I'd be amazed if it's more than 12). I've spent thousands of hours in this game and probably have never been on an official server.

Host the games on your own, or make your own dedicated server to play. Arma 3 is not a "we give you content, you play that content"-game, it's a "we provide a framework, you do with that framework what you want"-game. It's really not that difficulat at all to host a server for your friends to play with, provided you have a public IP4-address.

If there's no player base to speak of in India that's a shame, but hosting "official servers" will not change that, they don't have an effect on the player base in EU anyhow.

Arma's what you make of it.

• Like 1