MikeCzer The Deranged

Workshop trouble, an extraordinary one.

Hello to everyone that will see that topic.

As you have seen the title, I have a strange thing happening with my Arma 3 Launcher and Steam Workshop.

I just logged in today to see that I have to download 48 GB of workshop content. I want to mention that all mods are in the folder, my disk is alright, and to be exact, my Arma 3 folder has weight of 35GB. 

On workshop there was only one mod that was updated today, but it was just some 200 MB looking on the workshop. 

So I have moved the workshop update from the queue, so I can open the game. And right now every mod is awaiting for update from Steam Workshop and... this is on. (added translation on the green bar in case someone don't know)

That is the thing that worried me. I haven't downloaded any mod named "move along. nothing to see here." and there is no mod like that in the mod list. I can turn this on, but I am not doing it for now as it looks really suspicious. (The name fits the situation really).

I don't really know what is happening, yesterday everything worked just fine. I hope someone will see this!

Stay safe,

KC

Also just noticed this. Deleted it. I have no idea whats going on.

Also worth noting that for me it was about 18mb. I found it in my mods folder and deleted it immediately. Checked the 'Recycle bin' after so I could list the assorted PBOs, keys, and such and found nothing in the file yet it still contained several MB of data. Something smells fishy and I'm beginning to wonder if there was some sort of breach. 

I just had this happen to me, you guys know where I can locate the mod folder so I can delete it?

2 minutes ago, Weedachu said:

I just had this happen to me, you guys know where I can locate the mod folder so I can delete it?

Don't worry, I found it.

On the other hand, do you guys know what it is? That is super creepy, because it doesn't show normally in the A3 folder where the mods are stored, it's almost as if it hid itself.

On 6/21/2017 at 1:13 AM, Weedachu said:

Don't worry, I found it.

On the other hand, do you guys know what it is? That is super creepy, because it doesn't show normally in the A3 folder where the mods are stored, it's almost as if it hid itself.

Although we're very happy you found it, why do you feel like it's not appropriate to point out where? You know, incase someone else can't find it.

This is pretty standard forum etiquette and keeps the place tidy so we avoid duplicate threads.

Where was the file located?

• Like 2