Sign in to follow this  
bambr

Stationary weapon

How nice it would be to make stationary weapons portable, I write about a machine gun, a grenade launcher, mk19, titanium, so that you can drag in assembled condition

They are already portable. Stand near one and bring up the actions menu. You should see get in and disassemble. They will auto split into 2 bags that you and a team mate can move. To reassemble have the person(ai) with the base drop their bag and then the person(ai) with the the gun/launcher stands near the bag. Then bring up action menu again and you should see assemble gun/launcher. With scripting this can be automated for the ai to use as well, check out vcom ai, this does this for statics as well as uavs plus a shit load of other things. 

I wrote about the move in assembled form

16 hours ago, bambr said:

I wrote about the move in assembled form

Lol my bad was a bit drunk and sleep deprived when i read this lol. But question is why? They are fucking heavy and why they have a base to mount the weapon on in the first place. 

How about this for a reason, when you click assemble on the backpack they setup in the direction you are facing but at a random distance from you. This matters because if you are near the crest of a hill it sometimes puts the weapon facing down hill. Right now there is no easy readjustment possible, you need to disassemble and start over. 

All that is mildly irritating. Also as a separate point the setup should not be instantaneous as it us now.