JayKru

Stuttering ALL the time

Most of my time in game has been trying to reconfigure this game to run properly. I've only had it for a little over a day, and all that play time has been testing out configurations to get the game to run smoothly.
Constantly stuttering (every 10 seconds) even on low settings with high end hardware. i7-4790, 970FTW, 24GB RAM, installed to Intel 530 SSD. Even though it shows 10 hours logged on my Steam account, THIS HAS MOSTLY BEEN testing different configs and parameters to try and get this game to run without stuttering. Very little enjoyable game play has been experienced. If it wont run smoothly, which I have tested many, many "fixes". I would rather have my money back, than a poorly optimized game. Unfortunately Steam is saying too f-ing bad. How the hell can I get this game to run smooth, or should I give up and just send it to the trash and cut my loses?

There's a stuttering issue with arma 3 in the latest NVIDIA drivers.

I use the 378.92 and works fine.

also if you have something "polling", like a 3rd party program that tells your temp, sensor data etc, can have that issue.

I am running driver 382.33 which is the latest. So I should try and roll back? I was using EVGA Precision X to get some info, but I wasn't running that at first. Only started using it to get an idea of system numbers during the issues.

I am using a 1060 3GB with 381.65 drivers and super smooth. No stuttering. 4790k, SSD, 32GB of RAM in x64 mode.

Try a driver rollback to see if it improves the situation.

6 hours ago, djotacon said:

There's a stuttering issue with arma 3 in the latest NVIDIA drivers.

I use the 378.92 and works fine.

is that why my game started stuttering? Damn.

thanks for sharing that info.