NOICE pantera any chance for a desert panther? or polish SUEZ multicam for specop?

A few questions/suggestions:

Question 1: Why did you change the marshal cannon to 30mm instead of 40mm? The 40mm loadout seems perfectly reasonable. Without it, NATO IFVs really lack firepower relative to CSAT/AAF IFVs which have that cannon *and* ATGMs. The NATO IFV should at least get the beefier cannon.

Question 2: What is the Blackfoot 20mm cannon's magazine name? is it "500Rnd_20mm_shells"? Without EFAMs, I at least want it to have a good ammo capacity - IIRC, between AP and HE rounds, the Kajman has 600 rounds of 30mm and can carry 16 scalpels, the blackfoot at 500 rd 20mm and 6 scalpels doesn't compare very well. Just asking so I can remove the magazine and substitute "1000Rnd_20mm_shells" or something like that

Suggestion 1: Make NATO helos (Well, UH-80, CH-67, AH-99, MQ-12).  "stealth" relative to CSAT helos. In particular the UH-80 (unarmed) and Blackfoot should be "stealth". Also, buff the gimped AH-99 sensors if they haven't already been buffed (2km IRST against ground and 1.5km visual detection is pathetic, The Kajman has a 3km range for both... ie 50% longer IRST range and 100% longer visual dection range).

Suggestion 2: Right now the only air mobile ground vehicle with any decent firepower against moderate armor is the AMV-7 when paired with a blackfish.

Would it be possible to replace the turret of the Ifrit & hunter with the Gorgon/Kamysh turret? If that were possible, I would recommend doing so and eliminating the passenger capacity (retecture with Opaque windows for passengers?)

It would be nice if Hurons and Tarus could airlift some vehicles that could give a squad some firepower that is effective against enemy IFVs - sure the GMG and HMG variants can cause some damage/disable enemy IFVs... but there's not many scenarios where an MRAP is going to win against an IFV, even if the MRAP gets the drop on the IFV.

S3: Retexture the USS freedom with a Chinese flag instead of a US flag... could be used in missions. China is already fielding Aircraft carriers, they should have some by 2035. Any jet can launch from the carrier, but a Shikra or Neophron don't have much chance of landing back on it - this can still work if the mission invovles capturing and landing at an airfield on an island, or a trigger to end it before landing.

Alternately as I'm planning on doing now... I'll just use Xians with custom Pylon loadouts

1 hour ago, mihal190 said:

NOICE pantera any chance for a desert panther? or polish SUEZ multicam for specop?

Desert and woodland Pantera are both added with a few changes. They're based off this pattern.

10 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

A few questions/suggestions:

Question 1: Why did you change the marshal cannon to 30mm instead of 40mm? The 40mm loadout seems perfectly reasonable. Without it, NATO IFVs really lack firepower relative to CSAT/AAF IFVs which have that cannon *and* ATGMs. The NATO IFV should at least get the beefier cannon.

Question 2: What is the Blackfoot 20mm cannon's magazine name? is it "500Rnd_20mm_shells"? Without EFAMs, I at least want it to have a good ammo capacity - IIRC, between AP and HE rounds, the Kajman has 600 rounds of 30mm and can carry 16 scalpels, the blackfoot at 500 rd 20mm and 6 scalpels doesn't compare very well. Just asking so I can remove the magazine and substitute "1000Rnd_20mm_shells" or something like that

Suggestion 1: Make NATO helos (Well, UH-80, CH-67, AH-99, MQ-12).  "stealth" relative to CSAT helos. In particular the UH-80 (unarmed) and Blackfoot should be "stealth". Also, buff the gimped AH-99 sensors if they haven't already been buffed (2km IRST against ground and 1.5km visual detection is pathetic, The Kajman has a 3km range for both... ie 50% longer IRST range and 100% longer visual dection range).

Suggestion 2: Right now the only air mobile ground vehicle with any decent firepower against moderate armor is the AMV-7 when paired with a blackfish.

Would it be possible to replace the turret of the Ifrit & hunter with the Gorgon/Kamysh turret? If that were possible, I would recommend doing so and eliminating the passenger capacity (retecture with Opaque windows for passengers?)

It would be nice if Hurons and Tarus could airlift some vehicles that could give a squad some firepower that is effective against enemy IFVs - sure the GMG and HMG variants can cause some damage/disable enemy IFVs... but there's not many scenarios where an MRAP is going to win against an IFV, even if the MRAP gets the drop on the IFV.

S3: Retexture the USS freedom with a Chinese flag instead of a US flag... could be used in missions. China is already fielding Aircraft carriers, they should have some by 2035. Any jet can launch from the carrier, but a Shikra or Neophron don't have much chance of landing back on it - this can still work if the mission invovles capturing and landing at an airfield on an island, or a trigger to end it before landing.

Alternately as I'm planning on doing now... I'll just use Xians with custom Pylon loadouts

1. IRL, the South African Badger (irl AMV-7 Marshall) is armed with a 30 mm. The 40 mm was transferred over to the FV-720 Mora instead, which also has a 40 mm in reality (post-upgrade).

2. "500Rnd_20mm_shells" - the change was made for authenticity purposes.

3. Sensors will still require some love and I'll take a look at stealth settings.

4. Not possible as the files are binarized.

5. Not possible as the files are encrypted and the USS Freedom is probably not retexturable at all.

1) Well, its a modular vehicle, variants mount 105mm cannons for example:

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/wilk.htm

Of course, the turret is obviously not a 105mm cannon. From the TanksDLC discussion:

they all use ATK Bushmaster MkII chain cannons which means they are chambered in 30x173 and the super40 rounds https://www.gd-ots.com/download/30-40mm MPAB-T-SD.pdf the are pretty similar 30/40 is another name for the 40mm Rounds. its not really specifyed it comes from having staired at ATK bushmaster cannons

The comparison is between the 30x 173mm and the 40x180mm. Apparently the powder volume isnt all that much greater in the 40mm cannon, so most vehicles that could mount a 30mm bushmaster would also be able to mount the "super 40"

The promotional material for it shows a Bradley, which normally doesn't mount one https://www.gd-ots.com/download/30-40mm MPAB-T-SD.pdf

Anyway, I don't see any reason it couldn't be a 40mm on the AMV in RL like BI showed... after all, you do seem to be going with the fictional setting (keeping the MXs, renaming the F-35, etc). Anyway, its fine, I can add the needed text to the the init files. I had already made templates adding the 40mm to the Mora (btw, what is the name of the magazine they have now? "200Rnd_40mm_APFSDS_shells" and "20Rnd_40mm_GPR_shells")

1a/2) I noticed the magazine counters on many of the armored vehicles doesn't correctly display the number of remaining magazines

4/5) How did you re-texture all the vehicles that you've already re-textured? The turret isn't a separate entity/ its not possible to combine the models from a turret onto a vehicle? thats a disappointment. I still plan on making some Ifrits with 30mm cannons (and their passenger seats locked)* ... it would be nice if there was a way to visually distinguish them. I was thinking to reskin them with the black Ifrit texture of the unarmed Raven Ifrit. What is the texture name for doing that?

Spoiler

In vanilla Arma3, a "Nato strider" can be made with this command:

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa']; this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa']; 

I'm presuming there is a MRAP exterior and turret texture for the Ifrit as well. I wouldn't mind a turret keeping the hex camo, with the MRAP body being the black Ravento visually distinguish it as the heavy gun-no passengers variant.

* as an alternative to giving CSAT forces a blackfish and AMVs to allow them to airlift some ground vehicles with autocannons effective against IFVs.

So I'm still not finding any good solutions for making a ship based CSAT base/airborne assault force. The LHD works fine with F-38s and helos, with ground vehicles stored mostly below deck - the blackfish is a marginal fit on the LHD, but one could always use the USS freedom instead for more area on the surface.

But...CSAT... there's some workarounds for many of the issues, but I'm not finding much of a workaround for their fixed wing air power. Shikras/Neophrons can't land on a USS Freedom (I can put some junk up to cover the US flag if need be). I was going to use Xians with AAM loadouts, but their radar range is just 5km. They'd be a poor choice for taking on fast movers like the black wasp/F-35/F-38 anyway.

There's a CSAT camo scheme for the A-143, but its still not going to be able to land on the USS freedom.... but its model is nearly identical to the l-159 Alca from Arma2... perhaps you could port that, add a tailhook, and use/give it a CSAT color pattern option? Its not an amazing solution, but its better than the Xian. Copying the Buzzard stats to it gives it 60% more radar range, and 6 vs 4 pylons.

FYI, on the dynamic loadouts for the infantry transport of the Xian, weapons can be assigned to passenger seats, which results in them basically being unusable. Its not a huge deal, but it should probably be fixed.

As for the ASRAAMs that I mentioned previously... I was mistaken, its not your mod causing the problem. Somehow Atlas LHD:Plus breaks dynamic loadout of ASRAAMs. My guess is it has something to do with the PDWs for the LHD (maybe one uses ASRAAMs and modifies the ASRAAM configs?). This unfortunately means that to use your F-38s with an LHD requires the use of CUP vehicles... which results in loading many many more assets and quite a bit of redundancy. As soon as the community.bistudio website goes back up and I can have a look at weapon/pylon/magazine classnames, I'm going to try a workaround with modified init fields of the blackfeet so that I don't need to load all of CUP vehicles just to have a LHD that works with F-35s and Blackfeet

1 hour ago, Ex3B said:

FYI, on the dynamic loadouts for the infantry transport of the Xian, weapons can be assigned to passenger seats, which results in them basically being unusable. Its not a huge deal, but it should probably be fixed.

As for the ASRAAMs that I mentioned previously... I was mistaken, its not your mod causing the problem. Somehow Atlas LHD:Plus breaks dynamic loadout of ASRAAMs. My guess is it has something to do with the PDWs for the LHD (maybe one uses ASRAAMs and modifies the ASRAAM configs?). This unfortunately means that to use your F-38s with an LHD requires the use of CUP vehicles... which results in loading many many more assets and quite a bit of redundancy. As soon as the community.bistudio website goes back up and I can have a look at weapon/pylon/magazine classnames, I'm going to try a workaround with modified init fields of the blackfeet so that I don't need to load all of CUP vehicles just to have a LHD that works with F-35s and Blackfeet

I can't really do much about the Xi'an issue. :p

On 10/22/2017 at 2:58 PM, Ex3B said:

1) Well, its a modular vehicle, variants mount 105mm cannons for example:

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/wilk.htm

Of course, the turret is obviously not a 105mm cannon. From the TanksDLC discussion:

The comparison is between the 30x 173mm and the 40x180mm. Apparently the powder volume isnt all that much greater in the 40mm cannon, so most vehicles that could mount a 30mm bushmaster would also be able to mount the "super 40"

The promotional material for it shows a Bradley, which normally doesn't mount one https://www.gd-ots.com/download/30-40mm MPAB-T-SD.pdf

Anyway, I don't see any reason it couldn't be a 40mm on the AMV in RL like BI showed... after all, you do seem to be going with the fictional setting (keeping the MXs, renaming the F-35, etc). Anyway, its fine, I can add the needed text to the the init files. I had already made templates adding the 40mm to the Mora (btw, what is the name of the magazine they have now? "200Rnd_40mm_APFSDS_shells" and "20Rnd_40mm_GPR_shells")

1a/2) I noticed the magazine counters on many of the armored vehicles doesn't correctly display the number of remaining magazines

4/5) How did you re-texture all the vehicles that you've already re-textured? The turret isn't a separate entity/ its not possible to combine the models from a turret onto a vehicle? thats a disappointment. I still plan on making some Ifrits with 30mm cannons (and their passenger seats locked)* ... it would be nice if there was a way to visually distinguish them. I was thinking to reskin them with the black Ifrit texture of the unarmed Raven Ifrit. What is the texture name for doing that?

Hide contents

In vanilla Arma3, a "Nato strider" can be made with this command:

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa']; this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa']; 

I'm presuming there is a MRAP exterior and turret texture for the Ifrit as well. I wouldn't mind a turret keeping the hex camo, with the MRAP body being the black Ravento visually distinguish it as the heavy gun-no passengers variant.

* as an alternative to giving CSAT forces a blackfish and AMVs to allow them to airlift some ground vehicles with autocannons effective against IFVs.

So I'm still not finding any good solutions for making a ship based CSAT base/airborne assault force. The LHD works fine with F-38s and helos, with ground vehicles stored mostly below deck - the blackfish is a marginal fit on the LHD, but one could always use the USS freedom instead for more area on the surface.

But...CSAT... there's some workarounds for many of the issues, but I'm not finding much of a workaround for their fixed wing air power. Shikras/Neophrons can't land on a USS Freedom (I can put some junk up to cover the US flag if need be). I was going to use Xians with AAM loadouts, but their radar range is just 5km. They'd be a poor choice for taking on fast movers like the black wasp/F-35/F-38 anyway.

There's a CSAT camo scheme for the A-143, but its still not going to be able to land on the USS freedom.... but its model is nearly identical to the l-159 Alca from Arma2... perhaps you could port that, add a tailhook, and use/give it a CSAT color pattern option? Its not an amazing solution, but its better than the Xian. Copying the Buzzard stats to it gives it 60% more radar range, and 6 vs 4 pylons.

1. Just being authentic to the real vehicle. "200Rnd_40mm_APFSDS_shells" and "200Rnd_40mm_GPR_shells" iirc

2. Will take a look.

3. The turrets are part of the model but usually have different selections/textures.

4. this setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Soft_F_Aegis\MRAP_02\Data\MRAP_02_ext_01_blk_CO.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [1,"\A3\Soft_F_Aegis\MRAP_02\Data\MRAP_02_ext_02_blk_CO.paa"];

5. No plans to do anything involve CSAT and carriers, sorry. I'm currently too focused on the Russian and European forces.

Not sure how to embed this as with each update to the forums it becomes more and more confusing but here...

Hope y'all like them, they're coming soon. ;)

https://imgur.com/a/5bNIq

• Like 4

On 10/25/2017 at 2:37 PM, Night515 said:

5. No plans to do anything involve CSAT and carriers, sorry. I'm currently too focused on the Russian and European forces.

Any plans for vehicles for the Ruskies, or just the infantry?

Regarding CSAT carriers, never mind, its easy enough to "paper over" the US flag on the USS Freedom:

Spoiler

HSbwn4R.jpg

UsRN6OA.jpg

XgQmBm2.jpg

Which is good enough for mission making purposes.

This still leaves the Opfor without any good options for Naval air superiority... unless both sides are simply limited to Helos and no fixed wing aircraft are given to either side.

If using the carrier: Opfor could use a fixed with aircraft with a tailhook for landing. I guess you can only modify models from Arma2 and earlier... why not the SU-34, as operations on a carrier were at least tested with the SU-34 and the Tbilisi/Admiral Kuznetsov?

I've also tried using the Xian, but its not really good for the role. A longer range radar would go a long way towards allowing it to be effective in an A2A role (with custom pylon loadouts).

Also at the moment I set the inner pylons to "PylonMissile_Missile_AA_R73_x1".... but to give it more AAMs, for the outer pylons I use "PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_C_x2"...

It would be nice if there was a pylon setting that allowed one to load 2x R77s... so in addition to "PylonMissile_Missile_AA_R77_x1" it would be nice if there was a "PylonRack_Missile_AA_R77_x2" for Russian/Opfor jets to use.

Another factor limiting Opfor naval airpower is the lack of drones that can be landed on the LHD/Carrier objects. NATO has the Sentinel which is carrier compatible, and the MQ-12 falcon (LHD or carrier compatible)

Past that, there is still the issue of Opfors air deliverable vehicles lacking power. While Ifrits are reasonably armored against infantry weapons, they are nearly useless against enemy APCs/IFVs (I don't mind being useless against MBTs, the Kajman and Xians can deal with those threats). Maybe you could give the Ruskies a Vodnik with a 30mm BPPU?

And/or  BRDM-2 / BRDM-2 ATGM variants that are light enough to be lifted by a heavy-lift helo?

An opfor ground vehicle that can be airlifted and has enough firepower to knock out (relatively quickly)/counter to AMV-Marshals would be quite nice

Maybe a 3rd BRDM variant: while the KPVT should be more effective vs MRAPs than the 50 cal HMGs, maybe there could be some 2035 up-gunned variant with a 23mm autocannon?

I would find airliftable ports of these to be very welcome additions to a russian faction

Spoiler

Arma2_vodnik_hmg.jpg

Arma2_brdm_atgm.jpg

Arma2_brdm.jpg

SITREP time!

Tracksuit and Ushanka

1bbCM0r.jpg

With the most important addition out of the way...

A new independent faction! CSTO

wDg2W7V.jpg

7K4SN25.jpg

This new faction primarily consists of Russian forces and equipment.

Several new weapons, including the AK-107 5.45 mm, SK-12 12 Gauge, and RPK-107 5.45 mm are added to support the new faction, along with a few more planned weapons like the Pecheneg-SP and various retextures of existing weapons.

lIb9H29.jpg

Vehicles are still in progress, but the BTR-90 and Su-34 Fullback are deploying with the Russian update.

Lastly, the AKP 7.62 mm will be used by special forces. It is a Russian copy of the CZ-807. Textures are very WIP here.

QwH0Rur.jpg

I'm also looking at creating a Viper/CTRG equivalent for CSTO based off the Spetsnaz.

Another faction - the Partisans (or MLA - Maldenian Liberation Army) - on the OPFOR side is making its debut.

ydJe11g.jpg

The MLA uses a variety of older Western and Eastern equipment, though the faction itself is discretely supported by Russia.

Equipment changes are coming for woodland, desert, etc infantry. Also, Combat Helmet (Woodland) and other variants!

AB0mHyb.jpg

A small Remote Designator for the AAF.

MchDBSx.jpg

That's all I can really remember off hand, a lot of progress with this update! While I won't be able to meet the targeted release - Halloween - I'm sure the next update will come by the end of November!

PS: The Russians are already on the dev branch.

18 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Any plans for vehicles for the Ruskies, or just the infantry?

Vehicles are of course coming. No plans for a Vodnik however.

• Like 3

So I was testing out the Warfare 50 .50 BMG rifle for its anti-material capabilities relative to the stock .308 LRR and the GM6 Lynx.

Targets were Hunter & Ifrit engine blocks; stomper RCWS, Hunter HMG, Marid, and Gorgon turrets. Distance was 500 meters

Overall, I didn't find the 50 BMG rifle to be noticeably different from the .408 in terms of # of shots to disable turrets, and # of shots to take out an engine block and make the crew bail. It was harder to keep the gun on target after firing. It seems the stock guns have the sights automatically come down a good amount after the recoil, but the Warfare 50 doesn't do this.

Firing at the grill of the Hunter or the bumper of the Ifrit did not disable the engine even after multiple magazines, upon entering it, no damage to the engine was indicated - I had to fire at the hood of the hunter to disable it with the 50 warfare or .408 LRR.

In contrast, the GM6 lynx firing standard ammo could disable the hunter engine firing straight on at the grill with ~5 shots. The APDS ammo took it out in a single shot to the grill.

Both these NATO rifles disabled the turret of the gorgon in 5 shots most of the time. IIRC, the lynx firing standard ammo did it in 3, and with APDS ammo did it in 2. Most turrets it could disable in a single shot.

The Lynx firing APDS ammo is the king of antimaterial rifles, and the .408 and 50 BMG rifles aren't very good in that role.

So I wondered how the power of the 12.7x108mm stacks up to the 12.7x99m (50 BMG).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12.7×108mm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_BMG

While the russian cartridge has more power capacity, its maximum rated pressure is lower and it uses a different powder. The 50 BMG actually has better performance

Cartridge: bullet mass and type/ muzzle velocity / muzzle energy

Comparison ~1, lighter bullets:

50 BMG: 750 gr (49 g) Hornady  /  2,820 ft/s (860 m/s)  /  13,241 ft·lbf (17,952 J)

12.7x108mm: 745 gr (48.3 g) API B32  /  2,700 ft/s (820 m/s)  /  11,980 ft·lbf (16,240 J)

Comparison #2, heavier bullets:

50 BMG: 800 gr (52 g) Barnes  /  2,895 ft/s (882 m/s)  /  14,895 ft·lbf (20,195 J)

12.7x108mm: 855 gr (55.4 g) API BS  /  2,700 ft/s (820 m/s)   / 13,737 ft·lbf (18,625 J)

The .408 falls so far behind these two, its not worth comparing.... But basically, I think the .50 BMG rifle in Aegis should be buffed to have the same power (or perhaps even better) as the 12.7x108mm, and it should get a APDS round as well.

Being able to 1 shot the engine blocks of MRAPs from head on like the lynx can do would be great... as would being able to take out IFV/APC turrets from nearly 1km away with 1-2 shots.

The Warfare-50 uses the vanilla .50 BMG but I can take a look later.

I dig the AK-107s on the russians, kind of takes what Arma 2 laid out for us and runs with it, keeping things all kosher with the armaverse continuity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

I dig the AK-107s on the russians, kind of takes what Arma 2 laid out for us and runs with it, keeping things all kosher with the armaverse continuity.

same here! the only thing I think I'd have done differently is Night515's choice on the INDEP uniform for the Russians; as opposed to a 'Russian-colur' hex style retexture of the existing CSAT uniforms

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broduz said:

same here! the only thing I think I'd have done differently is Night515's choice on the INDEP uniform for the Russians; as opposed to a 'Russian-colur' hex style retexture of the existing CSAT uniforms

it's unclear how modern and how well equipped the russians are in 2035, but I feel like the CSAT uniform is CSAT-unqiue and cutting edge, probably ahead of russian technology. CSAT buys stuff from Russia but I'm not sure they're close enough for russian forces to act with CSAT. if they're using the AK-107 after nearly 25 years they probably aren't quite a cutting edge force either. I imagine them as being around the same place as NATO, if not perhaps doing slightly better than them due to CSAT contracts. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

it's unclear how modern and how well equipped the russians are in 2035, but I feel like the CSAT uniform is CSAT-unqiue and cutting edge, probably ahead of russian technology. CSAT buys stuff from Russia but I'm not sure they're close enough for russian forces to act with CSAT. if they're using the AK-107 after nearly 25 years they probably aren't quite a cutting edge force either. I imagine them as being around the same place as NATO, if not perhaps doing slightly better than them due to CSAT contracts. 

There's a few reasons why I decided to use the independent uniforms. Primarily because I don't have a proper uniform with a ghillie variant. The other influences in that decision are mostly just small things like the UI images for the AAF uniforms being referenced as Russian due to their "_IR_" (Independent - Russia/Raven) prefix and "_rucamo_" suffix. Small stuff. :P

Also, AK-12s are the primary rifle for the Russians. The AK-107s aren't used by Russia at all, in fact, though this may change if I decide to scrap the AKP (always willing to hear y'all's opinions on it!) and replace it with AK-107s. If the AKP is scrapped, well, the Czechs / Chernarussians are getting a CZ-805 anyways. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Night515 said:

There's a few reasons why I decided to use the independent uniforms. Primarily because I don't have a proper uniform with a ghillie variant. The other influences in that decision are mostly just small things like the UI images for the AAF uniforms being referenced as Russian due to their "_IR_" (Independent - Russia/Raven) prefix and "_rucamo_" suffix. Small stuff. :P

Also, AK-12s are the primary rifle for the Russians. The AK-107s aren't used by Russia at all, in fact, though this may change if I decide to scrap the AKP (always willing to hear y'all's opinions on it!) and replace it with AK-107s. If the AKP is scrapped, well, the Czechs / Chernarussians are getting a CZ-805 anyways. :P

you could use both for russia, and the ak-107 for csat special forces (the Iranians, China should keep the katiba. and maybe give the U.S special forces the mk-16?)

• Like 1

Maybe some kind of futuristic mashup of the AK12 and 107? There was a very cool looking prototype AK12 with the counterbalancy device, that would be pretty to have ingame. (Top in the picture below)

kalach-20130921.jpeg

(Minor Bug, it seems IDAP's Kamaz seems to be getting a bit too into the spirit of the season, and has picked up a Ghostly Gunner - only seems to effect the covered variant, maybe an issue with how the BM-21 inheritance works?) Yes, I did notice this a month ago, and yes, I did wait until Halloween to report it just to make that joke. *Shades Descend* Deal with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggerdave said:

Maybe some kind of futuristic mashup of the AK12 and 107? There was a very cool looking prototype AK12 with the counterbalancy device, that would be pretty to have ingame. (Top in the picture below)

kalach-20130921.jpeg

Most of the pictures you see formatted like that are fake/photoshopped. Also, the in-game picture of the RPK-107 or whatever is hilarious to me, because the balanced recoil system would either not function properly at all with all that length, or it would add an extra 4-5 pounds of useless steel to the rifle.

IMO 2035 Russians should be using something like the AK-15 shown here: http://www.military-today.com/firearms/ak_15.htm

As far as Russia/NATO having outdated equipment compared to CSAT, I don't think that applies in terms of infantry weapons. The "Katiba" is just a KH-2002 rechambered and with a picatinny rail, same goes for the CAR-95 and QBZ-95-1. Zafir = Negev NG-7, Navid = HK-121, etc etc. Kinda makes sense that in 2035 most militaries are using very similar weapons to today, as we're already experiencing that sort of thing (AK-74Ms are just revised of a 40-year old design, ditto with M4s).

I can understand that an AK-15 model might be hard to source/make, though.

• Like 1

I can't tweak the AK-12 model or make any variants sadly.

Also I'll adjust the RPK-107's model. :P

wondering if it would be possible to get some SF Combat Uniforms for NATO faction; in MTP, Tropical, and Woodland?

like a mix and match of Kerry's uniform and the Gendarmarie uniform with existing textures. I coded the ones in the picture as an example

C14741392DF3BED8520E32BB9378556164A4D058

• Like 1

7 hours ago, broduz said:

wondering if it would be possible to get some SF Combat Uniforms for NATO faction; in MTP, Tropical, and Woodland?

like a mix and match of Kerry's uniform and the Gendarmarie uniform with existing textures. I coded the ones in the picture as an example

No plans for such but tropical variants of the Kerry equipment will be in the next update. :)

2 hours ago, Night515 said:

No plans for such but tropical variants of the Kerry equipment will be in the next update. :)

Thanks for the response! :)

hopefully you keep this one in mind ;) lol

• Like 1