No there is not.

Unless this very thread is the rumor you're referring to.

• Like 4

It's just impossible. The controls are too complicated for a controller. Not to even mention that Arma is a very niche game and the release costs to go on console probably won't pay. And the devs are already busy porting it to Mac and Linux.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaplinux said:

There are rumors of the Arma3 going to consoles? Ps4 and xbox? 

Hope not, as i would rather the Dev team concentrate their efforts on the current game platforms. Also what benefits would there of it been on a console?

• Like 3

Doubt that very much, closed system no mods (which is the main thing for arma series), the controls as mentioned but from a hardware standpoint arma 3 being an incredibly cpu intensive game and even with the new xbox x its equivalent cpu is an i3 which not even close to minimum requirements for arma 3. So all of that console gamers would end up getting an incredibly chopped down, significantly less good looking game and as mentioned a small player base at launch as its clearly not for everyone, so the console lot really would be a poor deal and the devs would have to invest huge amount of resources to get it to 'console' level no one is a winner at the end of the day. As roadkill says I imagine devs will continue this series on this platform and continue to work on the next installment on this platform also. 

• Like 3

More a arma3 battle royale for consoles would not it? 

It came out at E3 yesterday that playerunknown's battlegrounds (PUBG) goes to xbox.

2 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

It's just impossible. The controls are too complicated for a controller. Not to even mention that Arma is a very niche game and the release costs to go on console probably won't pay. And the devs are already busy porting it to Mac and Linux.

Linux? hum..... that's nice!

Arma can barely run on a two thousand dollar gaming computer, what makes you think it would run on a 200-500 dollar console? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, delta3242 said:

Arma can barely run on a two thousand dollar gaming computer, what makes you think it would run on a 200-500 dollar console? 

I think an Arma3 battle royale ... more customized would run. no? 

1 hour ago, chaplinux said:

Linux? hum..... that's nice!

Already a thing if you're inclined to check it out; https://dev.arma3.com/ports

The same page also addresses your query regarding a console port ("Arma 3 will remain a PC-exclusive").

58 minutes ago, chaplinux said:

I think an Arma3 battle royale ... more customized would run. no? 

Arma 3 as it is being ported to consoles would make no sense if all you wanted was BR...which would be pointless as you'd be missing out on the other part of A3 that isn't about twitch shooter game modes.

That being said...Project Argo and whatever spin-off that gets created from it eventually, will probably be as close as A3 will ever get to what you want:

What is Bohemia Incubator and how does it relate to Project Argo?

[...]

Ultimately, the much longer-term aim of this project is to develop a similar (most likely Arma-related) multi-platform game on a different engine.

[...]

But I still don't see how it would be feasible as even something like Argo is pushing it in terms of controls on a console.

5 hours ago, delta3242 said:

You got ripped off. I can run it fine on a console-price PC.

• Like 3