Kind time of the day friends! I created a character, made a rig, skinning, but I had a non-minor problem with animations, I tried to work in 3D max and Blender, but still when I import (FBX) into OB2 the mesh is strongly deformed. I will be very grateful if you advise how to deal with it.

You need to use the default Arma rig for new animations. For Blender thers Macsers Armarig and for Max you can use the files in the sample files.

• Like 1

A standard rig should be used even if I want to animate not a standard arma character? Some kind of mutant, for example.

Ah a non standard character! In that case custom rig all the way! I thought you were talking about a new man uniform or something like that.

I have used Blender and FHQ Toolbox addon to export my custom skeleton animations straight into .rtm and never had any issues with it. I strongly recommend that if you are anyway familiar with blender.

From max you need to use the fbx I believe, and I think there was something about max needing extra bones at the ends of the limbs that it cuts off on export or something. You could join Arma Discord for more immediate help. Theres more active max users there who are better equipped to answer max related questions.

https://discord.gg/gUCE3Ps  

• Like 1

Exactly as HG describes. A custom character that doesn't match the default one, is a different situation. It needs a new set of animations. I use Alwarrens's toolbox for Blender too. Very few issues for me.

• Like 1