OH8Lzem.png

What does this mod do exactly?
This mod enables you to simulate a biological attack (or anything in your imagination) within a user defined/placed area and the only way you can make it through it is if you have a certain set of gear (all user defined). This mod is modular and allows you to define any headgear/goggles/uniform/vest (check features list for more details) to be considered necessary gear for traversing the area and there is a detector with sounds when you are in the area (similar to a Geiger counter) so you know if you need to have your gear on or not. Create safe zones or vehicles as you please. Zeus integration through Achilles or Zeus Enhanced.

The mod will have no outside dependencies, but will be compatible with ACE3 in the sense of how damage is applied over time to the player if ACE3 medical is enabled on the client.

See also: JSHK Contamination Gear

Missions:

Operation Tombstone: Prelude

Current version: PUBLIC v0.5.6

Notes/Updates on current version: 

-Zeus functionality is only present when you are running Achilles OR Zeus Enhanced along with CBA, while they are not dependencies on the overall mod they are required since I'm using their functions.
    -If you have an issue with the mod, please post or PM me so I can fix it in a timely manner!
    -I do not know how much time I can dedicate to this mod and its evolution, but I do hope to push updates with cool new features as time goes along.
        I appreciate your future patience.

-I have done minimal MP testing on all fronts as I don't have access to a server like I once did. Please let me know if MP doesn't work...

Other Notes:
    -Make sure that the classnames for the gear DO NOT have quotations in the module input and separate each class with a comma.

-To bring up your detector, make sure it is in your active inventory (the watch slot) and press your WATCH key (default is 'O')

Changelog:

Spoiler

-PUBLIC v0.5.6:

Additions:
        -Added: Basic integration of Contact gear into mask/gear modules (by option)
        -Added: Support for the Zeus Enhanced mod (though Achilles is still backwards compatible)
        -Added: MOPP 4 option support in area module, see tool-tips for details in-game

Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed: Detection of ACE present from ace_main to ace_medical_status to accommodate players that do not use ACE medical
        -Fixed: An issue where the Zeus detection would report as timed out when neither Zeus mod was present
    Removals:
        -None

-PUBLIC v0.5.5h HOTFIX:

Additions:
        - None
    Changes/Fixes:
        - Updated: New ACE function for cardiac arrest
    Removals:
        -None

-PUBLIC v0.5.5:

Additions:
        -Added setting to Debug module to show/hide network related debug messages
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed Zeus UI to display all defaults when placing modules down consecutively
        -Changed (simplified) the way clients are updated on key variables
        -Changed from getPos to getPosWorld to update markers after using updateInfo fncs
        -Changed declaration namespace of some preInit variables for client/server
        -Fixed a number of before unseen logic or script errors causing any number of undesired results in dedicated MP
        -Fixed issue when player respawned and would not be affected by areas until adding then removing gear
        -Fixed issue where linked area on an object was not deleted after destroyed
    Removals:
        -Temporary (possible permanent) removal of some suspending functions that may have caused long mission load times

-PUBLIC v0.5.4:

Additions:
        -Zeus modules and functionality (with CBA/Achillies requirement, but no dependency)
            -Add/Remove Contaminated and Safe Areas
                -Compatible when Zeus master moves or manually deletes the area
                -All Zeus-placed areas are automatically added to the interface for interaction
            -Add/Remove Safe vehicles
            -Invulnerability toggle
        -fn_updateAreaInfo/updateSafeAreaInfo for on-the-fly changes to known zones
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Changed handling on a number of different functions on client/server communication
        -Changed and condensed more functions with new accessory functions (as of 0.5.3)
    Removals:
        -None

-PUBLIC v0.5.3

Additions:
        -Added full set of accessory functions (reworked all other functions to include)
        -Added the ability to exclude AI classes/factions from damage group
        -Added more logging for debug purposes
        -Added option to enable/disable cough sound when being damaged (player settings module)
        -Added gear and mask module options to auto include the gear within JSHK Contamination Gear
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed error in remove area and remove safe area functions
        -Fixed logic error when using whole map as contam area
        -Fixed logic error in mask overlay system
        -Changed safe zone distance calulations from 2d to 3d
        -Changed groundholder model for the detector
        -Changed and moved some functions around organizationally
    Removals:
        -Removed a number of newly redundant functions with the introduction of the accessory versions

-PUBLIC v0.5.2

Additions:

-Added Gear Settings Module (for vests and uniforms)
        -Added Player Settings Module (damage handle options)
        -Added AI Settings Module (damage handle options for editor placed and spawned AI)
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed critical error in MP where area information was not accessible to connected clients
        -Fixed an RPT error that would occur in fn_addArea
        -Changed the names of most of the modules to make them easier to follow in the editor interface
    Removals:
        -Global Settings Module

-PUBLIC v0.5.1h

Additions:
        -Added aim down sight functionality to allow the mask overlay to still be displayed when aiming down your weapon
        -Added further DEBUG handling on gear arrays to ensure classnames provided exist, will provide rpt feedback otherwise
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed initialization issue with "JSHK_contam_aiAutoRecovery" which would error out when player was in recovery
        -Fixed initialization issue with "JSHK_contam_maskTypeOfGear" which caused spamming rpt messages when the Mask Settings Module was not present
        -Fixed "delete on destroy" handling with add area module
    Removals:
        -None

-PUBLIC v0.5.1

Additions:
        -Added Bikey (and associated folder)
        -Added Vehicle Settings Module
            -Which will now allow users to input classnames of vehicles, vehicle variable names, and as well as sync the module to any vehicles that will be designated among the "safe vehicles" while in contaminated areas.
        -Added unitInit function to clean up the overall initialization of units
        -Added a logging function that allows for an infinite number of variables and their associated values to be logged to the rpt when in DEBUG mode
    Changes/Fixes:
        -Fixed a logic error in the damage recovery function
        -Fixed an error with the time to death functionality (where a player would die instantaneously when without gear and exposed to an area)
        -Fixed a variable handling error that kept the mask overlay from displaying
        -Changed the name of the damage handle loop from fn_condLoop to fn_damageCondLoop
        -Changed the name of the detector sound loop from fn_inAreaLoop to fn_detectorSoundLoop
    Removals:
        -Removed drop-down option for "Mask Overlay Type" in the Mask Settings Module (was redundant given the class pools)

-PUBLIC v0.5.0
        -initial release

Features List(s):

Spoiler

Currently Implemented Features:

A mostly modular system:
    -Contamination Area Module:
        -Use/place as many as the mission calls for
        -Name your area (useful with the remove module)
        -You can use the module positions as center, or sync it to any number of persons/objects/triggers (an area will be created for each one synced)
                -If you do sync it to a trigger with a specific condition, the module will not create the area until that condition is met
        -Can choose to make entire map contaminated

-Link it to an object and choose whether the area is deleted on object destruction
        -Define custom radius for the cold zone (detectable radius), hot zone (where it can hurt you), and object zone (origin detection radius)
        -Choose to show marker on map for the area
            -Can be simple marker, to a "Hazardous Area" warning type marker (red in color)
        -Choose time to death when in the hot zone without proper gear (in seconds)
        -Choose the level of MOPP required in the area
            -No Gear
            -MOPP 1: Mask only
            -MOPP 2: Mask and Uniform
            -MOPP 3: Mask, Uniform, and Backpack

-MOPP 4: Mask, Uniform, Backpack, and Vest
    -Safe Zone Module:
        -Same as Contamination Area Module (see above)
        -Cannot apply to entire map
        -"Hazardous Area" marker changes to "Safe Zone" (blue in color)
    -Remove Contam or Safe Area Modules:
        -Provide a single name or list of names to delete on module execution
    -Environmental Effects Module:
        -Currently Disabled (I have to completely rework this system...)
    -Mask Settings Module:
        -Put the classes of the masks you will be using into the three provided categories
            -Each category will display a different overlay when the mask is on
        -Choose whether or not to have an overlay
        -Choose when you can see the mask overlay (1st/3rd person)

-Choose whether a players headgear or goggles will be considered the mask
        -Choose to hear the breathing sound of the mask
        -Choose to link the mask sound with player stamina (mask sound is faster as player fatigue increases)

-Auto-include masks from the JSHK Contamination Gear set

-Auto-include masks from the Contact Expansion
    -Detector Settings Module:
        -Choose to require detector to hear detection sounds or not
        -Choose to allow the use of the directional indicator

-Vehicle Settings Module:

-Sync any number of vehicles to the module to have them included to the safe vehicle pool

-Define any number of vehicle classnames or vehicle variable names to have them included to the safe vehicle pool
    -Player Settings Module:
        -Enable/disable damage (auto detects ACE)
        -Enable/disable auto recovery from damage (for Vanilla damage only, the ACE version will put you in a state of cardiac arrest)

-List player factions to exclude from damage

-AI Settings Module

-Enable/disable damage
        -Enable/disable auto recovery from damage

-List AI factions to exclude from damage
        -Enabled/disable accounting for any dynamically spawned AI

-Gear Settings Module:

-Define the rest of your gear: uniforms and vests

-Auto-include gear from the JSHK Contamination Gear set

-Auto-include masks from the Contact Expansion
    -Debug Module:
        -Turn on debug if something just isn't working right, run your mission , and send me your rpt and we can hopefully figure it out!

The custom contamination detector:
    -Custom UI
        -Power on/off
        -Direction indicator to originating object (toggle-able)
        -Contamination level indicator (number)
        -Time of day

-Move around while using it
    -Detection sound
        -Speed of sound varies based on distance from origin of detection zone
        -A different sound will play when you reach the "hot" zone
        -The hot zone sound will play faster when in the object origin (if using an object as the origin)

Other features:
    -Injury sounds (just coughing for now) when in a hot zone without the proper gear
    -Should autodetect multiplayer/singleplayer (teamswitch detection for SP)

Zeus Modules:

-Add/Remove Contaminated and Safe Areas

-Add/Remove safe vehicles

-Toggle invulnerability

Future Plans:
    -This list will be updated at some point in the near future....

Media:

Spoiler

Some of the community members I really can't thank enough for their help and their patience with my unpredictable schedule:

Ltf:

-Module icon picture

-Mask overlay images

-Gear textures
Evil Organ:

-Environmental Effects post process effects code (currently WIP)
zagor64bz:

-Main Modification Logo and Detector GUI Interface aspects
Soolie:

-Detector GUI interface and code

Mr. Skellington:

-For his work on CBRN Defense Units that he has graciously released for public consumption

The Achilles Team & Zeus Enhanced Team

-For their functionality allowing for custom modules to be made through Zeus on-the-fly

DOWNLOAD and SUBSCRIBE:

g7HvzFO.jpg

7XyFuVj.png

Note: I plan to only release on the Steam Workshop for Arma 3 and a mirror on Google Drive

fN4KHs5.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Skellington said:

Congratulations on your release mate

Thanks, I've been slowly working on integrating your stuff and I haven't decided if it will release with the mod package or not. I plan on working further with Ltf on expanding on numerous different camos and such. At least people are free to put in whatever gear they want so they can just download your original until then!

• Like 1

Congrats jshock, nice to see this finally get a full release. A very useful bunch of modules.

4 hours ago, jshock said:

Note: I plan to only release on the Steam Workshop for Arma 3

Shame to see only a steam release, not everyone uses steam workshop.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I don't think that means no one else can upload it to another site, there might be armaholic or pwsix uploads

I was working on something like this, so this saves me a lot of time. Good job dude :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Plans can change :D. The main reason I wanted to push mainly SW was so I can track the popularity a bit easier. You can call it ego or whatever, I just like to track such things. Unless I'm mistaken Armaholic's downloads ticker is still broken.

I may push a dropbox or similar at somepoint here in the coming days depending on the need for a non-SW.

If I may ask in my own ignorance, why wouldn't people use the SW?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jshock said:

My reason not to use it is sometimes mods get corrupted and I don't like using another platform to load mods. What I do is I download from sw and load it manually before I unsubscribe

And don't use dropbox man, it goes down fast

3 minutes ago, Ltf said:

My reason not to use it is sometimes mods get corrupted and I don't like using another platform to load mods. What I do is I download from sw and load it manually before I unsubscribe

That makes sense. I just haven't had that issue quite yet I suppose...

Well, I found a way to track it with Google Drive, post above will be updated.

• Like 1

You can use the Workshop and pull the files out of the workshop files and put them in your own folder if you want to not use workshop features. If your "@<modname>" folder is the same as the workshop version it'll get deleted when you unsubscribe on workshop though.

1 hour ago, jshock said:

As an addon maker myself i don't agree with EULA provided by steam which is why none of my addons are on steam. Also in turn i prefer to manage my mods manually, it maybe old fashioned but its worked fine for me since Operation Flashpoint.

26 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

As an addon maker myself i don't agree with EULA provided by steam which is why none of my addons are on steam. Also in turn i prefer to manage my mods manually, it maybe old fashioned but its worked fine for me since Operation Flashpoint.

I completely understand doing things the old fashion way, I'm normally categorized in that group a lot of the time. I assume the EULA on SW breaks our ability to exercise exclusivity over our own content, at least that is what I got after skimming it. I am not too worried, if someone steals my shit, someone steals it. But I completely understand why people would have an issue with that.

Anyways I hope the Google Drive will work out for those that don't use the Workshop and I hope to see some reports in the coming days whether they are issues or glaring reviews on how terrible my mod is :tounge_o:.

• Like 2

Great to see this released! For tracking downloads I use a combo of dropbox and bitly. Upload to dropbox and use bitly to shorten/customize the url. On the bitly dash is a ticker for each of your created links. Shows country of origin and some other cool stuff, check it out.

5 minutes ago, soolie said:

Great to see this released! For tracking downloads I use a combo of dropbox and bitly. Upload to dropbox and use bitly to shorten/customize the url. On the bitly dash is a ticker for each of your created links. Shows country of origin and some other cool stuff, check it out.

Ok, cool, yea that sounds similar to the whole Google Drive workaround except yours seems to have a couple more features :smileee:.

EDIT: Nvm, found the Google Analytics linked to it, so I can see all the same stuff, nice to know DB has the same optionality though!

• Like 1

With a little assistance from the original content creator, @Mr.Skellington, I have been able to truly start the process of porting his content into this mod.

The teaser:

• Like 2

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey jshock1121, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

9 hours ago, jshock said:

With a little assistance from the original content creator, @Mr.Skellington, I have been able to truly start the process of porting his content into this mod.

The teaser:

This looks great, but would you consider adding the different camos as standalone Pbo's?

I know alot of groups are trying to keep filesize down and it would be awesome to be able to just use the camo pattern that you actually need without adding the others, which will likely never be used

the colour textures are the 2nd smallest textures of all, it would make a lot of juggling with pbos that are smaller than 1 mb each

59 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

This looks great, but would you consider adding the different camos as standalone Pbo's?

I know alot of groups are trying to keep filesize down and it would be awesome to be able to just use the camo pattern that you actually need without adding the others, which will likely never be used

I think the original pbo with all the goodies was about a half gig ~120MB. I'm still trying to decide if I will use all of the stuff included. If I don't that should drive the size down a bit. But as Mr. S said, outside of the base required stuff RVMATs and etc, each new "camo" is its own standalone texture that really doesn't add that much to file size, maybe a couple MBs.

I will more than likely release the gear as its own thing mainly because of the size. This mod by itself right now is ~2.7MB and will probably never break 5MB once everything is added and done. But my plan with the gear is to have seperate pbos for each type of gear: uniforms, vests, masks, and so on. Which isn't exactly what you are looking for but it's honestly the best I'm willing to do right now.

The timeline on pushing the gear is tenative anyways, so there will be time for things and ideas to change.

Thank you for your input Limbo, it is much appreciated!

EDIT: Correction, original pbo was only ~120MB, which isn't that bad honestly.

• Like 1

Hey, that's a very wonderful mod! I'm in love with it. Actually, I want to use it for a WasteLand that takes place in Chernobyl so I made some modifications to make it more "radioactive" than "biological".

What I've basically modified is the texture of the counter to make it looking like a Geiger Counter. I have also replaced the sound of the counter by real Geiger sound.

I was wondering if there is a way to modifiy directly the variable "_contam" (the value displayed by the counter) of the mod directly in a scenario so that I can add the realistic levels of radiations of Chernobyl.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, lopez0071892 said:

Hey, that's a very wonderful mod! I'm in love with it. Actually, I want to use it for a WasteLand that takes place in Chernobyl so I made some modifications to make it more "radioactive" than "biological".

What I've basically modified is the texture of the counter to make it looking like a Geiger Counter. I have also replaced the sound of the counter by real Geiger sound.

I was wondering if there is a way to modifiy directly the variable "_contam" (the value displayed by the counter) of the mod directly in a scenario so that I can add the realistic levels of radiations of Chernobyl.

Thanks!

I can appreciate that you wanted to do that, but please understand its normally best practice within this community to ask permission before editing some one else's addon.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

I can appreciate that you wanted to do that, but please understand its normally best practice within this community to ask permission before editing some one else's addon.

Don't worry, it was only for my personnal purpose. I would not publish it.

25 minutes ago, lopez0071892 said:

Don't worry, it was only for my personnal purpose. I would not publish it.

That's not really the point, just be glad I'm one of the guys who could give a sh*t....

Anyways, short answer to directly accessing the contamination integer is no. The only way to "alter" it would be to mess with your area's (cold zone) radius settings. I'm aware that the current detection strength calculation is relatively linear, but I just have to get around to using my brain to think about where to go with it to make it more interesting and that is extremely low priority on my dev list right now.

Nonetheless, I'm happy my mod inspired someone to develop something to their liking, I can't possibly think of everything, that's what this community is all about (IMHO). I thought about making the detector a proper geiger, but then I decided to make the intent of the mod to cover more than just radiation, that's why I went with a digital age style detector.

• Like 1