Best Sniper Simulator

How far a shot can go in Arma 3? :\

I'm always wondering how far a bullet can go in Arma 3. 

Is there any distance limit here in this simulator? :\

How far a bullet can go in Arma 3? Is it infinite?

Therefore i went through some test to see the limit.

And I'm pretty surprised that we can even go beyond 5000 m!!! :o 

So far the farthest i got is 5580 m....but it's pretty hard! >_<

i could barely see the target :'( can we go even farther than that?

what's the farthest distance you guys ever shot? :D

Please share your experience here in this thread ;) 

Here's all my farthest shots in Arma 3. These videos ain't about to show off my skill or anything (i'm a noob actually lol).

I just wanna show you guys how far the shot we can achieve in Arma 3 (even with ACE3). I put all the loadout specs & ballistics analysis in the video description.

Sorry for not narrating the videos coz i don't got time :(

with Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle (in 408 CheyTac cartridge) &  CheyTac 419 gr Lost River ammo

with Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle (in 408 CheyTac cartridge) &  CheyTac 419 gr Lost River ammo

with Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle (in 375 CheyTac cartridge) &  CheyTac 350 gr Lost River ammo

with Cheytac M200 Intervention rifle (in 375 CheyTac cartridge) &  CheyTac 350 gr Lost River ammo

And yup i got tons of extreme long range shooting & sniping videos! Here's all the rest of my "Arma 3 longest shot" videos -->

If you got some time, please check out my youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx6ZpuRmlNlAhAgha9zthbw 
it's a non-commercial channel exclusively all about Arma 3 ACE3 Sniper videos.
i always put all the complete weapon specification & ballistics analysis in the video description!
i hope you all can learn long range precision shooting from that channel.

Good shooting!

-Best Sniper Simulator-

• Like 3

The farthest I got is 29km on Altis.

155mm howitzer in low angle, manually aimed. Hit 15m next to the target, fair enough I guess.

Max range should be far above that (70km give or take), the sandstorm even more so, could test this on a bigger terrain, heh.

At distances above 2km for rifles the config of the ammo plays the biggest part, since bullets get deleted after a certain time, otherwise high rate of fire weapons would slow down the game too much.

Cheers

• Like 5

On a sidenote the maximum range of artillery in A3 is 73724m.

Firing with the highest propelling charge the shell/missile will have a muzzle velocity of 810m/s,

using a simple trajectory formula using 45° as a launch angle yields 73724m as a result, with the max. altitude of the projectile reaching 18431m with a time of flight of roughly 122 seconds.

So my earlier statement has been debunked, all artillery pieces, no matter if mortar/howitzer or rocket artillery will have a max. range of 73km if they're capable of firing at 45° and the max. muzzle velocity is 810m/s.

Might be good to know for some so I posted it here.

Cheers

Edited by Grumpy Old Man
corrected max. artillery muzzle velocity to 810m/s, reflecting in game values
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 0:27 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

The farthest I got is 29km on Altis.

155mm howitzer in low angle, manually aimed. Hit 15m next to the target, fair enough I guess.

Max range should be far above that (70km give or take), the sandstorm even more so, could test this on a bigger terrain, heh.

At distances above 2km for rifles the config of the ammo plays the biggest part, since bullets get deleted after a certain time, otherwise high rate of fire weapons would slow down the game too much.

Cheers

but what i really meant was "How far a shot of a Small Arm (like rifle or pistol) can go?", not artillery or canon shot. 

but it's alright :)

Very nice artillery shot, mate!!! :) you're sure one hell of a badass artillery operator \m/ #Godlike #Salute

perhaps you can teach me more about Artillery stuff. I'm really interested in that field as well since Artillery works almost the same way as the Long Range Precision Shooting.

CMIIW In fact the aiming system of a sniper scope is heavily based on Artillery aiming system (using the Miliradian). Is that correct?

Can someone teach me how to shoot a canon in Arma 3 (with ACE 3 of course)?  

I tried this in the editor with scripting. A Lynx APDS round would not go further than 4.2 KM. This was holding a lot over the target. Aiming high in the air made the round not go as far. So 4 KM is the maximum distance you could fire practically. Unless you used scripting to somehow increase the velocity of the round and then send it further, but I am not sure it is practical.

On 28/11/2017 at 11:03 AM, jakeplissken said:

I tried this in the editor with scripting. A Lynx APDS round would not go further than 4.2 KM. This was holding a lot over the target. Aiming high in the air made the round not go as far. So 4 KM is the maximum distance you could fire practically. Unless you used scripting to somehow increase the velocity of the round and then send it further, but I am not sure it is practical.

Try to use M200 Intervention & its .408 CT ammo instead, coz they got better ballistic performance than the GM6 Lynx APDS :)

And use some Miliradian Ballistic Reticle (such as Horus H58 reticle, etc), it'll help you holdover for the extreme bullet drop.

Good luck, mate ;)

p.s.: to be perfectly honest, yes I actually increased the bullet velocity just a lil bit to make it able to fly further.

17 minutes ago, Best Sniper Simulator said:

p.s.: to be perfectly honest, yes I actually increased the bullet velocity just a lil bit to make it able to fly further.

What's the point then?

As stated previously the maximum range of a bullet is limited by the lifetime config parameter which will automatically delete a bullet after this time has expired.

Artillery shells are not affected by this so in vanilla A3 without modifying any config values 73km seems to be maximum range if firing position is on the same altitude as impact position.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

What's the point then?

As stated previously the maximum range of a bullet is limited by the lifetime config parameter which will automatically delete a bullet after this time has expired.

Artillery shells are not affected by this so in vanilla A3 without modifying any config values 73km seems to be maximum range if firing position is on the same altitude as impact position.

Cheers

What i really meant was:

I increased the bullet velocity just a lil bit to decrease the bullet drop, to make the trajectory flatter, and to make the bullet travel faster (so it has faster Time of Flight and won't get deleted by the lifetime config parameter) ^_^

Good shooting!

-Best Sniper Simulator-