Hey everyone! Im trying to get my first linux server going and Im using

./arma3server -name=server -config=server.cfg -mod=mods/@cba\;mods/@modpack\;mods/@rhsusaf\;mods/@rhsafrf\;mods/@303taliban\;mods/@ace3\;mods/@alive\;mods/@jbad\;mods/@lythium\;mods/@projectopfor\;mods/@spyderaddons\;mods/@taskforceradio\;mods/@tfwradios

but its derping on on being unable to open different files, Ive used the exact same mods fine on a windows server

I keep getting errors like "cannot open file '/home/desktop/Desktop/SteamCMD/steamcmd_linux/Arma3/mods/@spyderaddons\addons\civ_callToPrayer'", if I remove that from the mods list then it just goes to the next mod and doesn the same thing?

maybe it could help therefore i post my bash script for starting my linux server:

#!/bin/bash
# Start script for Arma 3 server
PORT1="14000"
WORLD1="Altis"
SERVER1MODS="@extdb3;@vcomai;@emove"
PARAMS1="-skipIntro -enableHT -noSound -loadMissionToMemory -autoInit"
ARMA_LOG1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/server/server1err_"
ARMA_CON1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/logs/server/server1con_"
CONFIG1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/server1.cfg"
RANK1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/server1.rnk"
PERF1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/server1_perf.cfg"
PID1="/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/server1.pid"
EXT1=".log"
EXT2=".rpt"
TIMESTAMPLOG1=$ARMA_LOG1$(date +%s)$EXT2
TIMESTAMPCON1=$ARMA_CON1$(date +%s)$EXT1
/home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/arma3server -config=$CONFIG1 -port=$PORT1 -serverMod=$SERVER1MODS -world=$WORLD1 -pid=$PID1 -cfg=$PERF1 $PARAMS1 1>>"$TIMESTAMPCON1" 2>>"$TIMESTAMPLOG1" &

You can view a description of the startuo parameters here.

one thing I saw at ur startup line and in ur error message is that u sometimes use backslashes (\) instead of slashes (/) to seperate directories. Dont do that. On linux there are slashes for it.

Your error message is very weird as well:

/home/desktop/Desktop/SteamCMD/steamcmd_linux/Arma3/mods/@spyderaddons\addons\civ_callToPrayer'

did u install ur linux server to this directory?

/home/desktop/Desktop/SteamCMD/steamcmd_linux/Arma3/

very odd. that would mean that u have a user named desktop and the server is installed in its home subdirectory

./Desktop/SteamCMD/steamcmd_linux/Arma3/

I strongly recommend that u reinstall the whole server strictly using the manual given in the wiki

I can help u with installing and updating server and mods but as well as provide scripts for this. But u have to use those manual to get the correct directory structure.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 8:40 PM, BlindNavigator said:

I'm guessing it's about uppercase file names. 

This link contains some info about it.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

i agree, i've got a lot of similar issues with lowercase on linux server

@FoxhoundBC my advice is to run a script inside mods folder to convert every file to lowercase

• Like 1

in former times of arma 2 there was an executable file named toLower. it lowercased all files in its current directory recursivly. Idk why this isn't part of arma 3 linux server distro anymore...

• Like 2

Thanks guys after some googling I found it about the capital letters a few hours after I posted this haha