Sign in to follow this  
submdi

Headless Client - hourglass

What does the hourglass icon (as depicted in the link) mean?

Image of HC in-game

• The server is a rented dedicated server, and I'm running the HC from a different PC to the one I play on, with a different Steam Account.
  • Arma 3 is installed on the HC PC, but is not purchased on that Steam account.
  • Yesterday it didn't have the hourglass icon, but today I had to update the IP address in the server.cfg because my home IP changed today (?)
  • The HC connects okay and gets the welcome messages and reports player joins and disconnects.
  • Is the HC actually working in this state?

Doesn't the HC need to be run from the same PC as the server? Or have i got that wrong? 

Yes for unlimited bandwidth
On other machine make sure ping under 90 or those ai will act weird

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Switched from Arma 3 Server folder installation to Arma 3 Game installation folder and it now seems back to normal.

Ping to the server at 30 - 40

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

Doesn't the HC need to be run from the same PC as the server? Or have i got that wrong? 

HC needs to be enabled in the mission on the server, but HC clients can run from anywhere as long as the server.cfg has the HC clients IP listed.

15 hours ago, beno_83au said:

The HCs are for discarding some Ais duties from server. The "C" means "client". If HCs are on server, there is no added value, as the same CPU does all calculations.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:00 AM, pierremgi said:

The HCs are for discarding some Ais duties from server. The "C" means "client". If HCs are on server, there is no added value, as the same CPU does all calculations.

if on multicore could you run HC's on different cores than DS and take advantage of more compute

4 hours ago, tRiKy_ch said:

if on multicore could you run HC's on different cores than DS and take advantage of more compute

Never read something about that. A dedicated + headless server?

3 hours ago, tRiKy_ch said:

you find that in the official documentation ("Headless Client on a Dedicated Server Notes" paragraph) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Headless_Client

it is intended to take 100% resources on multicore cpu

Thanks, I skipped that, too much difficult for me, even if it could be written in French!

Simple u can use same core , but for not efficiency you need to use affinity core . Mean make if use different core

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk