Tankbuster

sensing a naval mine detonation?

I'm trying to finish up a secondary mission, a naval mine clearance job. If all of the mines are defused, the mission succeeds - that's easy, but if a mine goes off, the mission needs to fail, but sensing the explosion is proving hard.

My initial approach was to put a traffic cone near it with an "explosion" event handler on it, but the cones floated away so I attached them to the mine itself, but it went all weird with the cones appearing some distance away (10m +), never on the mine, despite debug reporting the cone and the mine were very close. I switched the cone out for a emptyhelipad, but the EH never triggered when it was on that.

have you tried adding an EH to the mine itself?

"killed","hitPart","hit","dammaged" might be worth trying in that order I reckon.

Just count allMines. If one blows , the count decreases. See also detectedMines and other commands.

I think he wants to tweak the sensory so that the mine doesn't go off all the time (distance + movement sensitivity???) or vice versa, I think anyway... Sorry if I have misunderstood. (:

7 hours ago, das attorney said:

have you tried adding an EH to the mine itself?

"killed","hitPart","hit","dammaged" might be worth trying in that order I reckon.

II tried the explosion eh on the mines which never triggered but yes, I'll try the others. Thankss.

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Just count allMines. If one blows , the count decreases. See also detectedMines and other commands.

Allmines decrements when mines are defused as well as when they explode. I should have said that earlier.

5 hours ago, HazJ said:

I think he wants to tweak the sensory so that the mine doesn't go off all the time (distance + movement sensitivity???) or vice versa, I think anyway... Sorry if I have misunderstood. (:

Hi Harry!

IM unhappy with the mines in general, the ease of defusing and the lack of of explosive power, but I'm not currently looking at changing its sensitivity

What about a EntityKilled missionEventhandler?

Check if the killed entity is the same type as a mine -> fail the mission.

Cheers

51 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

What about a EntityKilled missionEventhandler?

Check if the killed entity is the same type as a mine -> fail the mission.

Cheers

This might have legs. Hadn't thought of the missioneventhandlers!

9 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Allmines decrements when mines are defused as well as when they explode. I should have said that earlier.

Hum, are you sure? allmines doesn't decrease for defused naval  mines. their p3d model changes for samefilename_d.p3d (_d as defused). On the other hand you can  make a difference between defused or not, with mineActive.

But allMines can return also terrestrial mines and explosives, so the best way is to add a trigger for your naval mines area:

in a repeatable, server only trigger, none,none:

cond:   isnil "trig1"

on act:  cntdefused = {_x inArea thisTrigger && !mineActive _x} count allMines; if (cntDefused > 2) then {"minefield cleared" remoteExec ["hint"]}; trig1 = true;

on deact: 0 = [] spawn {sleep 1; trig1 = nil}

BIKI is a mine!

56 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Hum, are you sure? allmines doesn't decrease for defused naval  mines. their p3d model changes for samefilename_d.p3d (_d as defused). On the other hand you can  make a difference between defused or not, with mineActive.

But allMines can return also terrestrial mines and explosives, so the best way is to add a trigger for your naval mines area:

in a repeatable, server only trigger, none,none:

cond:   isnil "trig1"

on act:  cntdefused = {_x inArea thisTrigger && !mineActive _x} count allMines; if (cntDefused > 2) then {"minefield cleared" remoteExec ["hint"]}; trig1 = true;

on deact: 0 = [] spawn {sleep 1; trig1 = nil}

BIKI is a mine!

No, I'm not sure! The eh route is a complete non starter, so I'm looking into counting and comparing using the available commands

Right making some progress here. A detonated mine becomes objNull in my minearray, so having to cope with that, but other than that....

f0a72772c2.PNG

Damn you, beer!

• Like 1

Here's what I finally settled on. Eventhandlers just didn't work or was too much hassle. 

while {missionactive} do
	{
	sleep 3;

minearray = minearray - [objNull];//remove any exploded mines
	if ((({mineactive _x} count minearray) isEqualTo 0) and (count minearray isEqualTo _numberofmines) ) then
		{
		missionactive = false;
		missionsuccess = true;
		"All the mines have been cleared. Well done." remoteExecCall ["tky_fnc_usefirstemptyinhintqueue", 2, false];
		};
	if (count minearray < _numberofmines) then
		{
		missionactive = false;
		missionsuccess = false;
		failtext = "A mine has gone off. You've failed this secondary mission.";

};
	};

Couple of things to note. allMines isn't useful to me because the mission has other mines spawned in it, so I have to store all my mines in minearray.

Thanks everyone for your help.