alfaceroquince

Does anybody else think that Arma 3 is a joke for lovers of jets and attack choppers?

As I asked, does anybody else think that Arma 3 is a joke for lovers of jets and attack choppers?

I hate so much that I have to pay every time I want to use a jet or attack chopper in KOH for example (which is the most played mode).. some freak shoots me down in 1 minute, and 12.000 dollars lost.. 

Yes, it is possible to practice with the editor, but that's boring! and not a combat environment like in multiplayer.

I have tried to get jets and attack helicopters in wasteland, and again, it takes time to get the money and they shoot you down soon

I also have tried other modes like invade and annex, but the pilot slots are always occupied and i don't like to kill bots xD so boring..

As a gamer who has played most shooter games: counter strike, call of duty, far cry, battlefield, and now arma, I feel arma is definitely not the best one, I prefer battlefield where I can use whatever I want without having to get a lot of money and lose it in seconds xD

I honestly prefer a game half way between arcade and realism, as long as I can use any vehicle I want

I feel Arma 3 creators just want us to pay for vehicles in order to force us to buy their dlc's, like the jets dlc

But I'm not gonna get that dlc because what I want is to use jets and attack choppers against ground forces, vehicles, etc..

Anyway, less than 100 hours playing arma 3 and I definitely think it's not for me, i hope DICE releases a modern combat game soon

I also want maps more diverse, like with snow etc.. so I think I will stop playing arma 3 soon unless they make it better, I think they could allow free vehicles in for example KOH, but setting a limit of for example 2 jets and 2 attack choppers per team, and add an alarm to jets and attack choppers when a missile or any rpg is comming!

I also think that ACE should be allowed in more servers... the most visited servers, especially KOH servers, do not allow such mod, at least in my part of the world, which is all europe!

I think Arma 3 creators could create for example another KOH server that allows everybody to use ACE3.

what do you guys think? i guess most of you are arma 3 lovers hahah i thought i was going to love it, and i love to snipe, most of my targets are killed above 1.5 km, and, modesty apart, I usually end up games among the first ones in the ranking, but just sniping all the time.. is boring.. so enough is enough

I think Arma 3 creators could create for example another Arma 3 Life server that alllws everybody to pay $10 to enter.

Y'know you pay for the DLC once and you can fly the jets as often as you like. If you're 'paying' for the use on jets on a server, that's to do with the server and not BI. I personally don't pay KOH so not sure if its like a life server that requires players to buy stuff in-game. But if that's the case, its down to the server and again, not BI.

If you don't understand that, well, this is more the problem than anything BI could do on their worse day.

If you don't want to pay for the different DLC's to access the content, I have news for you, DICE are going to charge for any game they create and if a DLC is released, guess what, you  have to pay for that as well.

Silly argument following a series of equally silly posts hitting these forums of players wanting the world for free. Seriously, this thread is the joke, not BI or Arma 3

• Like 4

You can't pay money to use vehicule . This go against bohemia rule .so please , nake sure to repport that server to bohemia so they can take action based on monetization systems

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Y'know you pay for the DLC once and you can fly the jets as often as you like. If you're 'paying' for the use on jets on a server, that's to do with the server and not BI. I personally don't pay KOH so not sure if its like a life server that requires players to buy stuff in-game. But if that's the case, its down to the server and again, not BI.

If you don't understand that, well, this is more the problem than anything BI could do on their worse day.

If you don't want to pay for the different DLC's to access the content, I have news for you, DICE are going to charge for any game they create and if a DLC is released, guess what, you  have to pay for that as well.

Silly argument following a series of equally silly posts hitting these forums of players wanting the world for free. Seriously, this thread is the joke, not BI or Arma 3

Yes, all KOH servers I have played (most of them , believe me) require users to pay

DICE doesn't create games or dlc for free, we all know that xD

We respect your opinion, but I suggest you to avoid using that vocabulary, you have not replied me without any solid argument, I guess you are a 9-years old kid, so no big deal

As I said, a game is NOT the world XD when you buy any weapon in KOH, you buy it ONCE, so it would make much more sense if the same applies to vehicles

2 minutes ago, claws01 said:

You can't pay money to use vehicule . This go against bohemia rule .so please , nake sure to repport that server to bohemia so they can take action based on monetization systems

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

haha I'm talking about game money, not real money xD

13 minutes ago, warden_1 said:

I think Arma 3 creators could create for example another Arma 3 Life server that alllws everybody to pay $10 to enter.

maybe, haha but I don't play RPG.

Considering arma is not a flight simulator, and is by no means a "combat environment", I think it does ok for a open sandbox style game. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely

you should make good dosh with all your 1.5km sniping so 12k helo's that you loose in seconds shouldn't be that much of a problem.

9 minutes ago, alfaceroquince said:

Yes, all KOH servers I have played (most of them , believe me) require users to pay

DICE doesn't create games or dlc for free, we all know that xD

We respect your opinion, but I suggest you to avoid using that vocabulary, you have not replied me without any solid argument, I gues you are a 9-years old kid, so no big deal

What? Vocabulary?

So reread this and I guess you want them to reprogram the JETS to be harder to shoot down? An easy button. Maybe you should argue with the three or four other threads that want the Jets more like a flight sim, ie harder?

I'm probably old enough to be your dad and I did not insult you, I said this thread was a joke, for the very reason stated above. You started with the insults, including insulting Arma 3 and BI, which is telling.

7 minutes ago, irl-calibre said:

you should make good dosh with all your 1.5km sniping so 12k helo's that you loose in seconds shouldn't be that much of a problem.

haha true, i get 12000 relatively quickly , but i hate to lose it in seconds 

10 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

What? Vocabulary?

You complained that the servers you go to, not affiliated with BI, charge you to use items on the server. That has nothing to do with BI, so why is their problem?

Whats your solution? Giveaway the DLC? Servers will still charge....

I'm probably old enough to be your dad and I did not insult you, I said this thread was a joke, for the very reason stated above. You started with the insults, including insulting Arma 3 and BI, which is telling.

you know what i'm talking about ;)

with respect to arma 3 creators, check the official KOH servers and you will see what I mean

no, i don't want the dlc

haha my dad xD still worse, you should grow up and reply nicely without insulting other's posts

nobody is insulting arma 3 hahahahahah 

i knew some extreme arma 3 fans were going to reply xD

KOH (King of the Hill) is not an official mission (game mode) released by Bohemia Interactive. It is a user made mission/mod (call it as you wish) (AFAIK) 

Making maps (terrains) takes time, as Bohemia tends to make large terrains, but since the game (Arma3) is moddable you can always look for servers that make use off your favourite USER MADE mods, missions and terrains.

As for the general tone of the discussion, keep it sober and please refrain from calling each other children...  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, alfaceroquince said:

haha true, i get 12000 relatively quickly , but i hate to lose it in seconds 

Sadly the KOTH server are "infested" with cheater of all kind and the gameplay is nearly to horrible and complete waste of time.

But, KOTH is a misssion created for Arma 3 and dont belong to BIS go to the KOTH forums or discord channel and post there your complaints.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maio said:

KOH (King of the Hill) is not an official mission (game mode) released by Bohemia Interactive. It is a user made mission/mod (call it as you wish) (AFAIK) 

Making maps (terrains) takes time, as Bohemia tends to make large terrains, but since the game (Arma3) is moddable you can always look for servers that make use off your favourite USER MADE mods, missions and terrains.

thanks for your answer, it's a shame there are very few servers :/

3 minutes ago, djotacon said:

Sadly the KOTH server are "infested" with cheater of all kind and the gameplay is nearly to horrible and complete waste of time.

But, KOTH is a misssion created for Arma 3 and dont belong to BIS go to the KOTH forums or discord channel and post there your complaints.

i know yes

well my complaint does not refer only to KOH, i was talking in general

i have not found any mode / server so far where i can use jets or attack choppers for free (game money) and against other multiplayer users, not bots

Just now, alfaceroquince said:

i know yes

well my complaint does not refer only to KOH, i was talking in general

i have not found any mode / server so far where i can use jets or choppers for free (game money) and against other multiplayer users, not bots

Arma 3 isnt a PVP game "per se", Arma 3 games are focused in COOP mode mainly and that's why the PVP works near to horrible (low fps, slow gameplay, etc, etc).

I suggest an arcade game to be "happy" spawing tanks and planes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, djotacon said:

Arma 3 isnt a PVP game "per se", Arma 3 games are focused in COOP mode mainly and that's why the PVP works near to horrible (low fps, slow gameplay, etc, etc).

i agree with you yes

well i get 50 fps minimun, and i don't mind the slow gameplay

but yes, i prefer something between arcade and realism, like battelfield

Not sure if troll, or actually concerned about a game that you don't wish to play anyway. Whichever it is, we won't lay awake at night by your decision. :f:

I hope you find joy in another game, or not.

24 minutes ago, markoef said:

Not sure if troll, or actually concerned about a game that you don't wish to play anyway. Whichever it is, we won't lay awake at night by your decision. :f:

I hope you find joy in another game, or not.

haha concerned about a game I want the creators to improve! 

i also wanted to know if i was missing some extraordinary mode or server xD

it seems i wasn't...

i actually came to arma 3 cause i was so annoyed with battlefield 4

36 minutes ago, djotacon said:

I would have say that isn't the case, its a sandbox game. There is COOP, PVP and all sorts of other game play types. I play Arma3 for PvP, but i mean for the C&H, CTF and sector control maps, i've never experienced it been slow, or low fps. It depends how you play and how its setup. But as I play in a PvP Community we have it setup how we like, my group has been enjoying PvP in BIS Games since OFP. Where some of our members ran the European Flashpoint League and then in Arma1 the European Combat League. 

• Like 1

Ever since 1.70 has come out almost every third thead created was by people playing KotH or nothing but KotH. It has been said thousands of times and here we go again:

This forum is no place at all to wail about KotH. If you don't like the way KotH is made, go to the KotH makers and whine there.

Again: KotH has nothing to do with BI. It's like writing a letter to Bethesda because your favorite anime mod for Skyrim isn't using 4k textures.

And, as has been stated before as well: Arma is not Battlefield. Comparing the two games is like comparing Braid and Super Meat Boy. They have some resemblances but are still totally different games. If you're having more fun playing Battlefield then guess what: You should play Battlefield.

But to take at least some of your criticism seriously, I can recommend joining an arma community that mainly plays PvP and try your luck there. Then you don't have to acquire any in-game currency to fly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, alfaceroquince said:

haha concerned about a game I want the creators to improve! 

i also wanted to know if i was missing some extraordinary mode or server xD

it seems i wasn't...

i actually came to arma 3 cause i was so annoyed with battlefield 4

You can always try EUTW Warfare.

After I found that game mode I've pretty much stopped other playing franchises

21 minutes ago, peegee said:

You can always try EUTW Warfare.

After I found that game mode I've pretty much stopped other playing franchises

EUTW is a joke. It's no less casual than KOTH or Altis Life.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, belbo said:

Ever since 1.70 has come out almost every third thead created was by people playing KotH or nothing but KotH. It has been said thousands of times and here we go again:

This forum is no place at all to wail about KotH. If you don't like the way KotH is made, go to the KotH makers and whine there.

Again: KotH has nothing to do with BI. It's like writing a letter to Bethesda because your favorite anime mod for Skyrim isn't using 4k textures.

And, as has been stated before as well: Arma is not Battlefield. Comparing the two games is like comparing Braid and Super Meat Boy. They have some resemblances but are still totally different games. If you're having more fun playing Battlefield then guess what: You should play Battlefield.

But to take at least some of your criticism seriously, I can recommend joining an arma community that mainly plays PvP and try your luck there. Then you don't have to acquire any in-game currency to fly.

Thanks for your answer, but as I said, I wasn't specifically talking about KOH, i was talking in general.

My initial post did not aim at comparing arma btw, but I still do believe that battlefield has some good things that could be brough to arma 3.