Neddles

6 x 6 Recce/Special Forces ATV

Love the standing animation. That's awesome, is it something you can operate using the action menu thing built into Arma?

• Like 1

very cool additions. Love the little details (standing, cargo straps)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warden_1 said:

Love the standing animation. That's awesome, is it something you can operate using the action menu thing built into Arma?

Yes, that's right. I've also added a standing FFV position you can switch into. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

what mod are you using for the camo face paint?

Just a personal one I made. 

There is a camo mod on Armaholic.  Here is a thing I came up with,can you add a standing FFV in the back part of it?  Then we could transport a man sitting or standing with a Sam.

Can this also tow something too,maybe? Useful ,maybe.thnx

17 hours ago, sabre_3para_gu said:

Very nice, shame Arma doesn't really like trailers as one with a trailer would be a nice addition.

Would you consider adding a variant with a Stretcher across the front similar to these?

http://www.tactical-life.com/military-and-police/off-road-on-target-atvs-in-the-field/#atvs-wounded

thanks

I can add a stretcher to a 4 wheel version later if people want. Good idea. As for Sams and carrying 4 people around, no. That's not what this is designed for. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phantomphan said:

>Fires a SAM off an ATV

>Fries the driver with backblast.

As for Sams:  Not if you keep from placing the rear at the driver, and if I can sit ,that would work ,if I can mount up.I could direct AT-4  and backblast from most other things.  tnx

55 minutes ago, john1 said:

As for Sams:  Not if you keep from placing the rear at the driver, and if I can sit ,that would work ,if I can mount up.I could direct AT-4  and backblast from most other things.  tnx

You will also be affected by the blast of a rocket/missile if you are to the front of the tube/launcher

Hope these will have Led Lights? A possible Low Beam Mode ,where they are pointed down,to make for a low-viz approach to target? 

Can we sit in the front? Use it as a Refueler ,as a Fuel Truck?  Come with build-in Long Range Radio?  I would like to have a kilometer counter I can reset to be able to make a makeshift runway for planes with ir-strobes.  

3 hours ago, john1 said:

Hope these will have Led Lights? A possible Low Beam Mode ,where they are pointed down,to make for a low-viz approach to target? 

Can we sit in the front? Use it as a Refueler ,as a Fuel Truck?  Come with build-in Long Range Radio?  I would like to have a kilometer counter I can reset to be able to make a makeshift runway for planes with ir-strobes.  

- Haven't thought about a low beam mode, probably I won't bother. Some pictures I've seen have the lights covered with tape anyway.

- I'm not going to put a cargo position on the front. Maybe one on the back with the tailgate down, not sure yet.

- I've added a script so can refuel yourself from the 2 carried containers.

- I added a config entry to add TFAR vehicle radio.

- I'm not adding a km counter at this stage. I think I saw a script somewhere you can add to your mission if you need something like that.

UShZSb4.jpg

kBDfq2x.jpg

After 2 weeks of extreme frustration with much swearing I've almost completed all the custom FFV animations. Some of it still looks a bit clunky (only during the transitions) but I've had enough of this animation business! they'll have to do.

• Like 21

Looks interresting to try. Exited to see what else you can do with this..sorry for nagging you-I really need the ability to tow stuff with this.

About stealth and this ,is it possible to add a script when one is beneth the camonet-to decrese the "Ai_knowsabout" to about 30% to reflect that this seems to be very well masked underneath netting.

Can you make this into a UGV version aswell?   If not,I think it is the best anyway..

Looks great! thank you.

Looking real good! I'm looking forward to zipping around in these. Good job so far!

Amazing work Neddles!

On 01/07/2017 at 8:15 AM, john1 said:

Can you make this into a UGV version aswell?

Are you even serious.....??

• Like 4

Awesome work! Love the details such as cargo changing from inventory and the standing straps. 

Since it's a quadbike might i suggest making either by a script or simply by adding variants that are super muddy/dusty. I realize your textures are wip but i think muddy quadbikes would greatly increase immersion since getting muddy is like the one thing quadbikes are good at.