Neddles

6 x 6 Recce/Special Forces ATV

Mighty Impressive! I don't usually go for these SF 'funnies' but I think you may have just converted me!

Really nice looking- so is the purpose of these to carry extra cargo compared to the base game ATVs? I noticed they seat 1 man instead of 2. 

Also, you mentioned not having any IRL pics of them in military use? Here's some, not sure if they are the exact same but they are 6x ATV's. 

dE8tGmJ.jpg

kCsKOH6.jpg

(Australian use in these pics, but I'm sure other nations use it as well)

• Like 1

Great stuff..really like these!

Diesel

Thanks for the comments and the pics guys. 

I was just saying that the military pics I've seen are for older models whereas my version is based (loosely) on polaris' 2017 model. Just in case there any purists out there.

Also, the purpose for them in game is to carry more cargo than the vanilla ATV (visually as well obviously). I thought it looked a bit weird pulling backpacks and AT weapons, machine guns etc. from a visually naked quad bike.

• Like 3

Bruh, this is some prime stuff here man!

Loving it SO much, keep up the great work!

G'day Neddles,

Loving the look of your new ATV's. I think they will be very welcome. There hasn't been a 6x6 ATV that I can recall since the Australians at War mod for A2. Looking forward to their release.

These look awesome! Loving the clutter and the dynamic nature of the load. Though if in any way a version capable of more than one man is possible, that would be great. Maybe a "troop transport" variant that could ride a full fireteam, two guys sitting in the empty bed like the vanilla offroad and one guy behind the driver, with cargo on the front and the sides of the cargo bed. Two guys with two ATVs doing long recon or whatever is cool, but once you get into any larger of a group, each individual having an ATV can be a clusterfuck.

• Like 4

I'm still debating on coming up with an alternate cargo load just so a group will not look too uniform.

I realize it might be too much additional work, but if you're looking for suggestions I think strapped on anti-tank launchers or alternate portable radios/SATCOMM device would fit in well.

Either way, I appreciate this a lot. As much as I like the vanilla ATVs, I've always wanted variants with additional gear and equipment, and for a first attempt these look fantastic.

cool something i have always wanted  most vehicles in arma3 need more detail like bags and camo nets etc..

once your happy with the basic model  you could just add variety then a cool addition would be if you could make the primary show up on the gun rack like RHS's MRZR

6 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

cool something i have always wanted  most vehicles in arma3 need more detail like bags and camo nets etc..

once your happy with the basic model  you could just add variety then a cool addition would be if you could make the primary show up on the gun rack like RHS's MRZR

I saw that feature on their MRZR but couldn't figure out how they did it. Attachto doesn't seem to use the correct draw order in driver view so they must be using some other way??

• Like 1

Very nice work thus far Neddles,

Also very happy to hear that the mod community was Positive and helpful to you starting out.  Very encouraging. 

Looking forward to checking this out soon.

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

Agree with shrike and it's always nice to see unique models coming to the game. This vehicle will fit right into our group

• Like 1

The community feedback has been brilliant with many offers of help. Thanks to everyone. 

I'm just going through the steps to create a new driver rtm that will put your primary weapon on the rack (like the mrzr)

• Like 3

XpVcHBe.jpg

Sorted out the primary weapon on the rack thing. I'll try and think of a better design as different weapons sit in different positions. ie. some floating above the rack and some clipping inside it.

• Like 25

Was thinking about these today..have you considered doing a few different ones..maybe a Medical,Engineer,Explosive etc etc..that way they could be used in alot of different scenarios. Really looking forward to these..great idea and great work.

Diesel

• Like 1

They have medkit, toolkit and explosives as cargo. I was thinking down the road of making 4 wheel models in the versions you described. Like the links Gilatar posted above. 

• Like 5

Really liking this Neddles great job and love the attention to detail. Thats what separates some mods into must haves. Look forward to release

How did i miss this, great work!!

Here's a few update pics. 

I've experimented with Sitting & standing useractions. Don't know if it will work in MP at the moment.

Added some tie down straps that will show during vehicle in vehicle transport.

ZX0g6hz.jpg

UdHQRH1.jpg

MMKN6sz.jpg

pGIZrqJ.jpg

• Like 28

Awesome work. Can;t wait to give these a try :)