5 hours ago, haleks said:

Only explored for about 20 minutes so far, and I'm very impressed with the work done. The new vegetation looks awesome (no more weird, flashy green trees and grass - something that destroyed a lot of maps using Arma 2 assets after the graphical update). And the sense of detail in those derelict cities... <3

I was in Cherno and immediatly had that Fallout feeling as the sun was rising. Just awesome.

I'm very excited for this project, thanks for this release and to everyone involved!

3EAD81231F7F487703E0F7995B7B86D124A804A3

Thank you for the comment, and the Screenshot Looks Amazing!!! <3

• Like 4

Several hours in, and I'm loving it more and more. It's a real pleasure to rediscover Chernarus; the post-apo feeling, both in urban and rural areas, is spot-on - sometimes it reminded me of The Last of Us.

I cooked myself a couple missions with Ravage to explore, and I'm having a blast. And to think the map is only 30% finished...

There's only one thing that disturbed me a bit, but it is hardly your fault : I couldn't help but notice that a few of the clutter models were affected by the vegetation "pop-in" issue.

Although BIS has started a new investigation on the matter, I don't expect a fix soon... So I took a couple hours to search and replace a few grass clutter models with ones from Tanoa (oddly enough, those don't seem to be affected). It was quick and dirty, but those new models do suit european terrains rather nicely (I only replaced grass models, bushes and trees were left intact). On the downside, vegetation has a bit less variety, as I couldn't find proper replacements for all of them so far, but the map still has the same feeling and, as far as I can tell, I managed to completely eliminate the pop-in problem.

Anyhow, are you guys interested with the config changes I made, is it something you would consider tweaking in the future? If not, would you mind if I released it as a separate mod for those who suffer from this problem?

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, haleks said:

Several hours in, and I'm loving it more and more. It's a real pleasure to rediscover Chernarus; the post-apo feeling, both in urban and rural areas, is spot-on - sometimes it reminded of The Last of Us.

I cooked myself a couple missions with Ravage to explore, and I'm having a blast. And to think the map is only 30% finished...

There's only one thing that disturbed me a bit, but it is hardly your fault : I couldn't help but notice that a few of the clutter models were affected by the vegetation "pop-in" issue.

Although BIS has started a new investigation on the matter, I don't expect a fix soon... So I took a couple hours to search and replace a few grass clutter models with ones from Tanoa (oddly enough, those don't seem to be affected). It was quick and dirty, but those new models do suit european terrains rather nicely (I only replaced grass models, bushes and trees were left intact). On the downside, vegetation has a bit less variety, as I couldn't find proper replacements for all of them so far, but the map still has the same feeling and, as far as I can tell, I managed to completely eliminate the pop-in problem.

Anyhow, are you guys interested with the config changes I made, is it something you would consider tweaking in the future? If not, would you mind if I released it as a separate mod for those who suffer from this problem?

This is one of the issues that bothered me before release, we've tried changing the configs around before but if you have one that "patches" this issue we would definitely be interested in using it.

• Like 5

Weedkiller for Chernarus!....I like the sound of that.

• Like 2

Just now, Evil Organ said:

Weedkiller for Chernarus!....I like the sound of that.

Technically Axios mowed Cherno for a little bit yesterday lol 

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Several hours in, and I'm loving it more and more. It's a real pleasure to rediscover Chernarus; the post-apo feeling, both in urban and rural areas, is spot-on - sometimes it reminded of The Last of Us.

Would defiently be interested in using something like that. The clutter colour blend should make it work nicely. Only if BI could fix the watershader which has plagued arma 3 since release. I did see they had plans to add ponds to altis but i guess that got axed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AxiosODST said:

Would defiently be interested in using something like that. The clutter colour blend should make it work nicely. Only if BI could fix the watershader which has plagued arma 3 since release. I did see they had plans to add ponds to altis but i guess that got axed.

Yeah, for now I am using the Pond Remover mod, but maybe one day...

Going to send you guys a PM about the clutter thing.

• Like 1

What a fantastic map, thanks @AxiosODST and everyone else for reinventing this landscape so perfectly. For a 0.3 release it's already in amazing shape. 

My only bugbear at this point is the overly loud ambient wind noise that plays whenever the player is above about 200m  ASL, regardless of the actual wind strength in game. This was an issue with the native Arma3 sound config a few months ago and was eventually fixed. I figure since you guys are apparently using your own sound config, you might be able to look at fixing it too. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, tpw said:

What a fantastic map, thanks @AxiosODST and everyone else for reinventing this landscape so perfectly. For a 0.3 release it's already in amazing shape. 

My only bugbear at this point is the overly loud ambient wind noise that plays whenever the player is above about 200m  ASL, regardless of the actual wind strength in game. This was an issue with the native Arma3 sound config a few months ago and was eventually fixed. I figure since you guys are apparently using your own sound config, you might be able to look at fixing it too. 

Honestly reading comments like this really cheers me up and reminds me that all of the hard work and late nights put into this project was worth it. It's hard to express an emotion like this to everyone especially since no one really knew what went on beyond the scenes on the actual work that went into the map. It's been a long year for us. Back in Feb when things started to heat up development wise, my dad passed away. I still remember the moment I was working on the map, and I got the phone call. Since then things have been rough for me, but no pity show here please haha. Even though this was just a mod for arma 3, it kept me sane even through my darkest days and nights. To know people actually appreciate the map this much makes me feel great as it's my first release to this community. Thank you my friend. - kj

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Killjoyy said:

Honestly reading comments like this really cheers me up and reminds me that all of the hard work and late nights put into this project was worth it. It's hard to express an emotion like this to everyone especially since no one really knew what went on beyond the scenes on the actual work that went into the map. It's been a long year for us. Back in Feb when things started to heat up development wise, my dad passed away. I still remember the moment I was working on the map, and I got the phone call. Since then things have been rough for me, but no pity show here please haha. Even though this was just a mod for arma 3, it kept me sane even through my darkest days and nights. To know people actually appreciate the map this much makes me feel great as it's my first release to this community. Thank you my friend. - kj

I feel you mate, A3 modding helped keep my head above water when my marriage imploded. Better to keep the mind focused on something challenging and ultimately rewarding rather than sitting on the couch getting pissed. A bit of positive feedback goes a long way and makes it feel like the investment of time was worth it if it improves the game for other people. 

Good luck with Chernarus Redux, it's going to be a classic! 

• Like 12

Wow, just downloaded this to check it out, and so far it's looking amazing, keep up the great work.

No disrespect to the CUP team because they're doing some amazing work, but CUP Chernarus could really use your lighting work.  

I am a little torn on the "sullen skies" effect, don't get me wrong I REALLY like the look, I just wish it could be achieved while still being able to have a clear cloudless day every now and then. (also as a photographer the hard shadows on an overcast day just doesn't happen. But I am being SUPER picky there)

Again I can't wait for this to be finished, it looks amazing. 
Also is there any some of this work could be shared with the CUP team? It'd be amazing to have a "normal" amazing version of Chernarus as well as an overgrown apocalyptic version.

Thanks again for all your work 

• Like 6

Simply wow. Very nice take on Chernarus with some creative object placement.

Great work!

• Like 1

Just want to add my 5cents with everyone else to say very nice work, this and Ravage without the zombies and I easily lost about 3 hours totally immersed, Chenarus looks amazing, just thinking out aloud and I get its not up to the map makers but it would be great to be able to sleep in them beds till dark or daylight... Great work guys!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JD Wang said:

No disrespect to the CUP team because they're doing some amazing work, but CUP Chernarus could really use your lighting work. 

That's a tough choice to make : as far as I know, their goal is to bring Arma2 content on the same foot as Arma3 in terms of quality and functionnality. Taking a different approach on the lighting would be a step away from that.

Then again, the lack of documentation isn't helping...

4 hours ago, katipo66 said:

just thinking out aloud and I get its not up to the map makers but it would be great to be able to sleep in them beds till dark or daylight... Great work guys!!

That's actually a cool feature I could add to Ravage though. ;)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, haleks said:

I could add to Ravage though. ;)

Awesome! it was meant to happen :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Looking good, I've created a few trader zones and new towns along with couple bridges on an upcoming server and now having fun. Thanks

• Like 1

Lots of buildings seem to be double-placed around Cherno and Elektro, causing weird texture glitches and doubled doors amongst other things.

Not sure how many, but I guess it has a big impact on performances, wich are otherwise excellent.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, haleks said:

Lots of buildings seem to be double-placed around Cherno and Elektro, causing weird texture glitches and doubled doors amongst other things.

Not sure how many, but I guess it has a big impact on performances, wich are otherwise excellent.

Already fixed in update to be released at 23:00 GMT

• Like 6

I am currently working on an underground train station. It's a work in progress and subject to change. Enjoy!

• Like 12

Underground train station is very impressive, maybe the AmbientA3 class can be configured to spawn some pollen and insects down there, would look nice under the flashlights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Underground train station is very impressive, maybe the AmbientA3 class can be configured to spawn some pollen and insects down there, would look nice under the flashlights.

Thank you!

I like your thinking, pollen and insects would look rather nice under the players flashlight. 

10 hours ago, Dan Tronic said:

Thank you!

I like your thinking, pollen and insects would look rather nice under the players flashlight. 

Just be careful if you are using Apex assets, I noticed a few down there. It would make the DLC a requirement as clients without the DLC will not see the object. Unless this was changed? But when we spawned in buildings added by the DLC and had a non-dlc client join he would not see them.

39 minutes ago, RangeCreed said:

Just be careful if you are using Apex assets, I noticed a few down there. It would make the DLC a requirement as clients without the DLC will not see the object. Unless this was changed? But when we spawned in buildings added by the DLC and had a non-dlc client join he would not see them.

Already useing apex assests :/