texkaz

Making a police car without mods? Possible?

Title more or less says it all. I am trying to see if I can make a police car without mods. The popular game mode altis life seems to do this, so how can it be done without using mods. Anyone have any ideas?

What I came up with in the eden editor are the assorted skins and compenents in edit vehicle appearance. The boat, for example has a police skin, but I wanted a car. I look at the offroad and it has the ability to attach police lights but no police skin. Is there a way to transfer the boat skin to the offroad...or better yet the hatchback or SUV without using mods.

• Like 1

thought about the gendarmerie truck but this is an altis centered mission. So I would have to find and extract the texture on the police boat and then how would I apply it in-game?

would something like that be enough for your needs?

You can't just put the texture of the boat on a car. It's like wearing your coat as pants. The texture contains all parts of the vehicle - and the model of the vehicle sort of knows where each part of the texture belongs to. Every vehicle needs a specific way the texture has to be arranged. Long story short: A boat texture can't fit a car.

I don't really know what's wrong with B_GEN_OFFROAD_01_GEN_F. Just because it says "Gendarmerie" instead of "Police"? I find that hardly offputting.

If you want you might use my siren function for the lights and the siren: https://github.com/Pergor/ADV_MissionTemplate/blob/master/adv_missiontemplate.altis/functions/client/fn_siren.sqf

Just keep in mind that I apply a licence forbidding upload to Steam Workshop and use in any kind of Life gamemode.

yeah cant miss out on all that money by putting it on steam workshop. Thanks for the advice but no thanks for the licence.

@gagi2 where you get those .paa files.