Nick Seafort

1.70 Pylons Function Question

Hi all, I've been working through the 1.70 functionality and building up the process for choosing and rearming a custom loadout during a mission. I've got the entire process figured out with one exception: how to programmatically figure out which racks can be fitted to which Pylons.

I spotted the getCompatiblePylonMagazines function mentioned in passing on the Biki, but I can't seem to figure out how it's actually meant to function, or whether it's actually in the game.

This is all the information in the Biki:

getCompatiblePylonMagazines string/index

return list of compatible magazines, number > 0 or class name for one given pylon, or 0 for array of all pylons

Anyone have any information about this, or how to go about the issue without manually scraping all of cfgMagazines to find what has a hardpoint[] that matches the type I want? :/

On 6.06.2017 at 0:18 AM, Nick Seafort said:

Hi all, I've been working through the 1.70 functionality and building up the process for choosing and rearming a custom loadout during a mission. I've got the entire process figured out with one exception: how to programmatically figure out which racks can be fitted to which Pylons.

I spotted the getCompatiblePylonMagazines function mentioned in passing on the Biki, but I can't seem to figure out how it's actually meant to function, or whether it's actually in the game.

This is all the information in the Biki:

getCompatiblePylonMagazines string/index

return list of compatible magazines, number > 0 or class name for one given pylon, or 0 for array of all pylons

Anyone have any information about this, or how to go about the issue without manually scraping all of cfgMagazines to find what has a hardpoint[] that matches the type I want? :/

Hi, Wiki page should be updated now with relevant information

Hi Reyhard, I really appreciate you fleshing out the documentation! It's good to know I'm not an idiot (the third example was the first thing I tried), but that it doesn't work due to not being in release currently.

Do you know if the expectation is that it'll be released with Malden in a fortnight? If not, I'll just have to write a manual scrape of all pylons to build the association myself, I guess!

on biki it's marked as 1.71, Malden is 1.72 so I hope it clarifies the thing ;)

I also know how there is sometimes an internal appreciation of delivery dates or point slips that may not be broadcast publicly :P

Thanks! :)

Sorry Pierre, but that's completely aside from what I was asking or needed - and Reyhard has resolved it. Thanks for trying to help, though :)