Sign in to follow this  
fortun

Props not falling from air, not using simulation?

Okey, so i noticed when i opened a old mission that objects that i had placed like wrecks and things didn't fall anymore, they just stuck in the air.

So are props like wrecks not simulated anymore when placed in editor? 

They are just stuck in the air not falling, before they were falling down on the ground but something seems to have changed

• Like 2

When worst comes to worst, you can always attach such an object to some simulated object made invisible to circumvent this.

They should fall down.

Are they simple objects? Now a lot of objects become simple objects, which have no simulation and damage usw.

hold the alt key and move you're objects up or down vertically and obviously place them on the ground!

• Like 1

you can always force it on the ground with adding this in init

if (local this) then {_pos = this getPos [0,0]; this setPos _pos; this setVectorUp surfaceNormal _pos};

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers guys! I will soon test your latest reply.

The problem is that i had alot of objects, like heli wrecks, apc wreck and towler wreck that i had above water level, and i wanted it to fall down to the bottom simulated, as it was before. Now they're just floating in the air where they were placed. 

Not using physics just floating in the middle of the air not falling into the bottom of the water. I guess they must have been made simple objects as you said.

16 minutes ago, fortun said:

The problem is that i had alot of objects, like heli wrecks, apc wreck and towler wreck that i had above water level, and i wanted it to fall down to the bottom simulated, as it was before. Now they're just floating in the air where they were placed. 

Well its been like that since the Eden update, which was well before APEX.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well its been like that since the Eden update, which was well before APEX.

Probably, the mission that im editing and have this error with is long before the EDEN update