Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

Dayz's new revamped foiliage in Arma 3, Possible?

I would like something like this to come into Arma 3 to enhance realism, graphics, and the effects of camouflage and concealment.

• Like 1

different engine, so I'd say it's currently not possible for Arma 3, the next version of Arma I believe will use the ENFUSION Engine though.

• Like 2

One of the main differences is that they use non-traditional 3D models for the trees compared to arma. They are more realistic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, warden_1 said:

One of the main differences is that they use non-traditional 3D models for the trees compared to arma. They are more realistic.

To me, it looks like they generated new models and did some wind-based bone movement/transformation to get the sway going. Vegetation can already sway in the wind in Arma, but I believe it's a transform that is model shape based. They seem to have stepped it up a notch.

DayZ and Arma 3 while very similar are using different rendering engines amongst other things, be careful what you wish for as this might have a negative effect on your frame rate.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 8:42 AM, Frankdatank1218 said:

I would like something like this to come into Arma 3 to enhance realism, graphics, and the effects of camouflage and concealment.

so 0.61 = deciduous trees

0.62 = coniferous trees?

Everybody's talking about this great new enfusion thingy... And all I do is sit here and think that Arma 3 still looks way better than this RV 3.5.

• Like 2