TrueCruel_Nobody

Official Servers for vanilla Gamemodes

Hello everyone!

I would like to discuss the current situation about the official servers. If you take a look at the official servers, it get's quite funny. 

From the current state (EU/US):

11 (5/6) Apex Protocol

6 (3/3) EndGame

11 (8/3) Zeus Gamemode

2 (2/0) KotH

Wouldn't it be possible, and better, to allocate some of the servers to other game modes? BI have nice missions which weren't advertised that much and therfore barely touched by anyone. I speak about the Support and the Escape missions.

Today I got the new DEV update and was so happy to see to get another bunch of Escape missions and that Combat Patrol also get's better.

My opinion would be to distribute the servers as followed (EU/US):

4 (2/2) Apex Protocol

4 (2/2) EndGame

4 (2/2) Support

4 (2/2) Escape from XYZ

4 (2/2) Combat Patrol

6 (3/3) Zeus Gamemode

4 (2/2) KotH -> not my favourite, but the current two servers are quite full so not a bad idea to run it.

What do you guys think? Is it okay like it right now or do you also would want to see more official servers with all game modes available? Maybe a conspiracy and BI already is planning to host themself more vanilla types?

Thanks and have a nice evening/day!

I don't undersand dedicated servers running Apex Protocol, but otherwise it's either a pick-up-and-play or a PVP. The first is useful for new players, the second is hard to find.

18 hours ago, SpacePilotMax said:

I don't undersand dedicated servers running Apex Protocol, but otherwise it's either a pick-up-and-play or a PVP. The first is useful for new players, the second is hard to find.

They are part of the quick play option I believe. Basically allowing players to play on a better server then just hosting on their machine. I could be wrong though.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:30 PM, emke said:

4 (2/2) KotH -> not my favourite, but the current two servers are quite full so not a bad idea to run it.

KOTH isn't a offical Bi game mode.

27 minutes ago, silentghoust said:

KOTH isn't a offical Bi game mode.

I know. But as they are played alot on the officials, no need to kill those servers.