DieselJC

USS Freedom Guns?

I didnt buy the DLC but isn't the Carrier supposed to have guns on it? Or do you need to buy the DLC for that?

Diesel

They need to be manually placed, under 'Statics' - the reason is they are BLU side, so if you wanted OPFOR or INDEP to use the carrier they can without being killed by the defences. Look around the ship for red rings, they are weapon positions. 

JRxpEtnwXpvm94xYEtfxu3MJEo4PGDZCM6nhNPbs

Here's a pic explaining what weapons go in each position (if you want to copy the IRL carrier that is)

I've saved a few custom compositions of the carrier with weapons and aircraft units pre-placed, so you can do that if you find yourself placing alot of them. 

The carrier and CIWS guns and such are free, the only paid thing is the ability to fly the new jets. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

They need to be manually placed, under 'Statics' - the reason is they are BLU side, so if you wanted OPFOR or INDEP to use the carrier they can without being killed by the defences. Look around the ship for red rings, they are weapon positions. 

JRxpEtnwXpvm94xYEtfxu3MJEo4PGDZCM6nhNPbs

Here's a pic explaining what weapons go in each position (if you want to copy the IRL carrier that is)

Ahhh..cool thanks for the info..much appreciated.

Diesel

58 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

The carrier and CIWS guns and such are free, the only paid thing is the ability to fly the new jets. 

Don't forget, you can use the jets if the player starts in them (and possibly if scripted to move into them mid-game). You just have to put up with the ads until you buy it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

Don't forget, you can use the jets if the player starts in them (and possibly if scripted to move into them mid-game). You just have to put up with the ads until you buy it. 

Ok cool..I'll probably get the jet dlc at some point..but I don't fly I crash..so its not at the top of my list..lol

Diesel

• Like 1