texkaz

Radio Message not found

I've done this command I dont know how many times in Arma 2 OA and apparetnly it hasnt changed in 3 from what I've seen on youtubes. But they were all pre-eden maybe something changed post-eden? IDK but I can never get the program to find my radio messages I have defined in description.ext file. So here is what I have done. All code copy and pasted to make sure I dont have any typos.

Trigger:

Condition: OPFOR present

On Act: intro //the unit name// say "conv1";

In Description.ext

class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};
    class conv1
    {
        // how the sound is referred to in the editor (e.g. trigger effects)
        name = "conv1";
        // filename, volume, pitch, distance
        sound[] = {"fx\conv1.ogg", 1, 1, 100};
        // subtitle delay in seconds, subtitle text 
        titles[] = {1, "I'm a fag"};
    };
};

In fx folder:

1 file named conv1.ogg

Error:

FC9214CD6E55B30148030A03D64B20CF0CF3432C

You have probably checked this already, but is the path to the sound file correct? This looks like it should work otherwise...

May possibly be the trigger. I just created a quick test and had the following working ("p1" is unit name):

Trigger: Activation

Trigger type: None

Activation: BLUFOR

Activation type: Present

Repeatable: Yes (tickbox checked)

Trigger: Expression

Condition: this

On Activation: p1 say ["conv1", 10];

yeah I have, its the first thing I checked. It's the weirdest thing because I did a whole campaign back in OA days with voice acting. So its not like I'm unfamiliar with the code. But try as I might and with as many alternative methods as I try, it continues to not work. I tried Kylania's method he had in a youtube tutorial with text.bikb file. Same results. Then I took out his test mission and it worked! Not a clue...not a clue. 

Maybe something to do with eden enhanced. It spits out some weird errors sometimes.

Could it be where you have 'intro' here? I tried placing trigger as in your example and it produces an error. My example has nothing preceeding the unit name.

17 hours ago, texkaz said:

On Act: intro //the unit name// say "conv1";

I named that character multiple times from names such as s1, speaker, faggot (I was starting to get pissed), and finally intro. All produced the same thing.

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought it read intro then unit name...:down: