Sign in to follow this  
kronovan

Where to start; ARMA2 core, OA, BAF or PMC?

A few years back I bough the entire ARMA2 collection, but never got far into it. I've got an itch to scratch for something that's modern warfare and ARMA2 is about the best in my collection of shooters. I'm not sure which module to start with, other than I'll no doubt need to redo boot camp again in the base game. I played BI's original Operation Flashpoint and very much enjoyed it, but found the difficulty challenging and frustrating at times - not enough to deter me from pushing on and completing it though. I really liked the variety of game play in the original OF and enjoyed the helo and tank missions as much as the on foot ones.

So...now that I've decided to give it another play, I'm not sure which of the four modules I should start with? I know I want to play something that lets me do at least some missions of helo flying and tank driving. If one of the 4  I own though, is a little less lethal for game play, that's probably the one for me. If all 4 are on par, I'd probably prefer playing in an Eastern European theater as opposed to Central Asia, as I'm also currently playing the DCS World Flaming Cliffs flightsim which is set in the Caucuses. Any suggestion anyone could give me for which to start with, would be much appreciated.

17 minutes ago, kronovan said:

I know I want to play something that lets me do at least some missions of helo flying and tank driving. 

It's a long time now, so I could be wrong, but OA has some of these.

Op. Harvest Red is an infantry campaign mainly, it has some warfare missions at the end tho.

In Eagle Wing you start as an apache pilot if you wanna give it a try

Never played PMC\BAF, do they have a campaign?