Sign in to follow this  
jcoop2300

Need some help with NATO VTOL project

Hello,

I am currently working with Blender to create my first ever model, and mod for Arma 3. I found that with the additional CSAT VTOL in the Tanoa DLC, CSAT has an aircraft that NATO does not, a fast aircraft capable of transporting a squad of infantry at high-speeds. The only thing with similar characteristics would be the Blackfish, and we all know how sluggish and doggish it can be in its landings. Currently I am working on two variants, one of which has a custom skin I made through Photoshop. There will be two variants, one that can carry the squad and one that uses the same airframe but is slimlined, and configured to be a gunship, both will exceed speeds of 360mph. What I am looking for are ideas or any assistance from people that know what steps it takes to build a config for the various features of the aircraft. As I mentioned, this is my first time doing 3D models, textures, or animations.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

Orca? ;)

That's what it started reminding me of as I was applying the custom skins lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jcoop2300 said:

this is my first time doing 3D models, textures, or animations.

Then this mod seems quite ambitious! If would 3d mod for arma I would start with a chair, then do a standard car without weapons and maybe then something innovative.

Looking at the average mod progress here, it's hard!

Having said that, I like VTOLS a lot and I welcome any development in it. Good luck!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:18 AM, joostsidy said:

Then this mod seems quite ambitious! If would 3d mod for arma I would start with a chair, then do a standard car without weapons and maybe then something innovative.

Looking at the average mod progress here, it's hard!

Having said that, I like VTOLS a lot and I welcome any development in it. Good luck!

YES! It is quite ambitious! I have considered taking a step back, which I do, and making less complex mods. I guess this is my flagship mod which I will work on over time. It's already evolved quite a bit from this point. I've thrown out the turbine system for a propulsion system similar to the Harrier jet. I've also worked on some custom skins to make it appear more lore-friendly to the Arma 3 theme. I'm looking to refine this mod and really put the time into polishing it for a vanilla-feel. I figure if I can achieve this mod then doing things like chairs and buildings would be a piece of cake (which I'm sure is incorrect).